Switch to full style
Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Post a reply

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:27 am

Here’s a couple stills I grabbed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:46 am

Navaru wrote:Image
Here’s a couple stills I grabbed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i hate to be that guy... but i mean... like, just look at those stills... it really does scream BoC imo, but why on amks... and i mean i feel like they would’ve at least led us there if they had planned on doing something. but nonetheless, that really does look a lot like something they would do. just trying to connect the dots. ig anyone could just put a kaleidoscope effect on anything and it would look BoC-like

Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:57 am

That first one looks like Geogaddi in Space haha

Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:25 am

https://www.beatink.com/user_data/warp2020.php

Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:01 am

debugDolores wrote:https://www.beatink.com/user_data/warp2020.php

oh man my favorite artist ??????? with his newest release ???? (???????).

also love that pfp

Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:02 am

Okay. Even cynical me is thinking this could actually be something to get worked up about.

Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:38 am

Now that's something to look out for.

Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:46 am

The fact that Aphex Twin is just doing a reissue makes me think that ????? isn't a new Aphex Twin album. If Warp want to go big, which that's what it sounds like, the next big name artist on that list that isnt Autechre or Oneohtrix is.... well.... BoC.

As far as I am aware, Warp dont tease albums like this, as in "?????? coming soon". If they want to hype up a fan base, I have a feeling the BoC fans are the only ones who will look at ????? and think "maybe?", there's no other artist other than Aphex Twin on Warp that I think would get worked up over some question marks. I'd hope that Warp know this.

Josh wrote:

Okay. Even cynical me is thinking this could actually be something to get worked up about.

That's because this comes straight from the source, it isn't some fake ARG crap, this is real.

My only other theory is "??????? - ????" has the same amount of characters as "autechre - SIGN", and we know we are getting TWO albums from autechre.

??????? - ????
autechre - ????

Good change that it's hinting towards that rumoured 2nd ae albums which will have a similar 4 letter title like SIGN, maybe we are getting this 2nd ae album sooner than we think

Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:58 am

demo wrote:The fact that Aphex Twin is just doing a reissue makes me think that ????? isn't a new Aphex Twin album. If Warp want to go big, which that's what it sounds like, the next big name artist on that list that isnt Autechre or Oneohtrix is.... well.... BoC.

As far as I am aware, Warp dont tease albums like this, as in "?????? coming soon". If they want to hype up a fan base, I have a feeling the BoC fans are the only ones who will look at ????? and think "maybe?", there's no other artist other than Aphex Twin on Warp that I think would get worked up over some question marks. I'd hope that Warp know this.

Josh wrote:

That's because this comes straight from the source, it isn't some fake ARG crap, this is real.

My only other theory is "??????? - ????" has the same amount of characters as "autechre - SIGN", and we know we are getting TWO albums from autechre.
:twisted:
??????? - ????
autechre - ????

Autechre - SIGN (Remixed) :,(

also we’re getting 2 Autechre records in 2020?

Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:04 am

Roswell wrote:
Autechre - SIGN (Remixed) :,(

also we’re getting 2 Autechre records in 2020?

We already knew we where getting 2 ae albums, and yeah Sean from autechre said that both would be released sooner than later. Someone rumoured ages ago that the next albums from them would be orange and green, they where correct about orange so the green albums is coming. I find this very similar to what they did in the past with Oversteps and Move of Ten, both released in the same year, and also used orange and green on the vinyl editions.

Autechre - WAVE as a possible title, that's kind of where my train of thought is at.

Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:12 am

wait a damn minute. there are only 7 Question marks. Autechre is 8 letters.

Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:18 am

Roswell wrote:wait a damn minute. there are only 7 Question marks. Autechre is 8 letters.

Well I'll be damned, you're right, I miscounted.....

Well......... put your BoC theory cards back on the table, maybe the number of question marks indicates nothing

Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:34 am

7 question marks.
The rumours are true.

They've signed Genesis.

Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:00 am

remixes "SIGN" (BRC65?) :wink:

Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:34 am

The mystery artist must be in the top warp IDM artist group, they wouldn't tease someone unrelated amongst those peers. So who is among those peers? Plaid and Clark. But there is no way that they would be teased. Aphex fans would be "what the fuck are they hyping up Plaid for? Plaid are straight up, no fuss.
Just leaves BoC and the Ae theory. The hope would be BoC but my head would say Ae because it's never BoC.
It's the closest we've been yet though.

Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:12 am

Geogandhi wrote:The mystery artist must be in the top warp IDM artist group, they wouldn't tease someone unrelated amongst those peers. So who is among those peers? Plaid and Clark. But there is no way that they would be teased. Aphex fans would be "what the fuck are they hyping up Plaid for? Plaid are straight up, no fuss.
Just leaves BoC and the Ae theory. The hope would be BoC but my head would say Ae because it's never BoC.
It's the closest we've been yet though.

I could argue Seefeel would be in their top teirs too

Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:23 am

hmmm, nah, might be personal for you and you're right, they are as legit as the others to be up there but enough for secret hype? No. In the same way, Nightmares on wax and many others are up there with enough legitness to be considered OG warp peeps.
I don't think they'd be secretive about many artists and to only feature alongside those other 3?
Squarepusher maybe but he's not long off the boil and meant to be on tour right now for last LP and like Plaid, his releases are straight down the line.

Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:14 am

Geogandhi wrote:hmmm, nah, might be personal for you and you're right, they are as legit as the others to be up there but enough for secret hype? No. In the same way, Nightmares on wax and many others are up there with enough legitness to be considered OG warp peeps.
I don't think they'd be secretive about many artists and to only feature alongside those other 3?
Squarepusher maybe but he's not long off the boil and meant to be on tour right now for last LP and like Plaid, his releases are straight down the line.

Squarepusher was meant to be touring, I feel for the guy, nearly every show he had booked was cancled because of COVID. I have a feeling labels and artists are a bit worried to release albums at this time, as touring is where the most revenue is made.

EDIT: But BoC don't tour anyway so that's not really an issue for them

Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:59 pm

I gotta say, that Autechre SIGN album cover has got to be one of the worst I've seen.

Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:37 pm

The only reason I'm not ruling out BOC just yet is there's been all these teases for BOC lately.

That and why would a second Autechre album be a mystery? And if it was, why wasn't the first album a mystery too? It was just announced with no mystery.
Post a reply