Switch to full style
Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Post a reply

Re: The Sell/Trade BoC Merch Thread

Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:58 pm

Group Hex wrote:Test pressing of “Broken Drum” re-mix, instrumental on side b. PAY POSTAGE ONLY. First come, first served.

Vinyl claimed. And look at that, no “market value” concerns!

Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:00 pm

Group Hex wrote:
Group Hex wrote:Test pressing of “Broken Drum” re-mix, instrumental on side b. PAY POSTAGE ONLY. First come, first served.

I'd say you fall into the category of "a really love person". :D

Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:28 pm

Group Hex wrote:

Your generosity and kind spirit fill us all up with life. 'Tis the season mate, lol

Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:38 am

Is it possible to get a NM copy of Aquarius 7" for under $100 :(

Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:35 pm

Was this ever officially released as a single or did it only exist as a TP? Never heard of a standalone vinyl release of it

Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:23 am

Nottoolate wrote:

Was this ever officially released as a single or did it only exist as a TP? Never heard of a standalone vinyl release of it

Yeah, I'm super curious on this. It would be a test pressing of an entirely new release, considering there are no releases with an instrumental version. How did you get a hold of this gem Group Hex?

Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:46 pm

It wasn’t an official vinyl release, for some reason. My father is a mastering engineer and worked on Beck’s “Guero” album, including the remixes. For one reason or another, the remixes were all made into test pressings individually. Not sure why they weren’t pressed up and released.

I just got sick having it sitting around, and hence decided to pretty much give away one of my two copies.

Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:59 pm

Group Hex wrote:It wasn’t an official vinyl release, for some reason. My father is a mastering engineer and worked on Beck’s “Guero” album, including the remixes. For one reason or another, the remixes were all made into test pressings individually. Not sure why they weren’t pressed up and released.

I just got sick having it sitting around, and hence decided to pretty much give away one of my two copies.

Wow, that's awesome man!

Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:54 pm

Group Hex wrote:It wasn’t an official vinyl release, for some reason. My father is a mastering engineer and worked on Beck’s “Guero” album, including the remixes. For one reason or another, the remixes were all made into test pressings individually. Not sure why they weren’t pressed up and released.

Genuinely, despite my chat above, that's crazy generous of you man, wish I'd spent my energy asking for the vinyl as opposed to justifying being a douche rofl.

Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:32 am

Wild. Hope whoever got it adds it to discogs lol

Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:42 am

Would be great if someone could rip one of those instrumental B-Sides since as far as I know a pristine instrumental for BoC's Broken Drum doesn't exist anywhere, would love to dig deeper into the drums on that one!

Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:06 pm

adecentman wrote:Would be great if someone could rip one of those instrumental B-Sides since as far as I know a pristine instrumental for BoC's Broken Drum doesn't exist anywhere, would love to dig deeper into the drums on that one!

Absolutely won’t happen. Guaranteed.

Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:01 pm

Looking for Aquarius 7" in good shape.

Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:29 am

Who owns rare music and doesn't share it.. does my head in.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:12 pm

This needs to happen!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:00 pm

chronical wrote:Who owns rare music and doesn't share it.. does my head in.

It's called having artistic respect. It's not mine to share, dingleberry.

Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:57 pm

Group Hex wrote:

But you sold one copy to a random stranger for postage only? Which is sharing, right, elderberry?

Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:16 pm

Unless it is one on the list of recordings that BoC aren't happy with people sharing which something I have the utmost respect for as if someone got ahold of my old recordings and released them, their life would rather swiftly become a living hell, I don't see any reason not to share it with the community.

Does anyone know where BoC stand on that instrumental?

Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:07 am

chronical wrote:
Group Hex wrote:

But you sold one copy to a random stranger for postage only? Which is sharing, right, elderberry?

Absolutely not a stranger, trust me. And this person only paid for shipping.

More importantly, you know full well I'm talking about sharing online and the like. Gooseberry.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:29 pm

You bum me out man. Cloudberry.
Post a reply