Flash files?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
Anybody have flash/shockwave files from anything other than the atomless.com game? Maybe some of the original boardsofcanada.com 2002 .swf files from the clips page? I want to see if I can restore the audio to some amount, and maybe just to see how they worked script wise. Who knows, maybe I could find some hidden images/video!

Thanks!
Image ImageImage

Friendly Stranger
https://soundcloud.com/user-173148214/s ... game-music you don't need to rip the files, someone did it and of course in high quality

Friendly Stranger

Boqurant
I posted all that stuff! That's the content from the flash game.
Anybody have flash/shockwave files from anything other than the atomless.com game?

I'm talking about the other flash files that appeared on the website before the game was released.
Image ImageImage

Boqurant
Bump. Anybody at all scoured around the site and found any flash files back in the day? I already have 06m.swf, 06f.swf, and hf2.swf but iirc there's many more.
Image ImageImage

Boqurant
oliveoil22 wrote:Bump. Anybody at all scoured around the site and found any flash files back in the day? I already have 06m.swf, 06f.swf, and hf2.swf but iirc there's many more.

What's in them?

I believe there are more based on this guy's post on Image

as you can see there is one called m836 and you already have 06m. I have no idea how one would obtain these files though :( .

Posts Quantity
oliveoil22 wrote:Bump. Anybody at all scoured around the site and found any flash files back in the day? I already have 06m.swf, 06f.swf, and hf2.swf but iirc there's many more.

From the looks of it, the website was still hosting those flash files up to at least 2011, so Hexamerous must have either downloaded them himself at that time or found them posted by someone else on watmm or something. I can't think of any other way because they're not anywhere to be found on the wayback machine.

Boqurant
What's in them?

Music. It seems like Hexamerous didn't do the best job ripping them to mp3s. Maybe the software he used didn't export them at the best quality back when he did it. Comparing the rips that I made to his I think there's a bit more quality in the audio then we thought there was. Or maybe not. If so, I'd just like the files so I could see what else is inside them like code and stuff. I'm thinking about contacting Hex to see if he still has the files.
Image ImageImage

Boqurant
oliveoil22 wrote:
What's in them?

Music. It seems like Hexamerous didn't do the best job ripping them to mp3s. Maybe the software he used didn't export them at the best quality back when he did it. Comparing the rips that I made to his I think there's a bit more quality in the audio then we thought there was. Or maybe not. If so, I'd just like the files so I could see what else is inside them like code and stuff. I'm thinking about contacting Hex to see if he still has the files.

Oh, I hope he still has the files. Also, could you upload the music to your soundcloud?

Posts Quantity
Soundcloud will re-encode the files again (to 64kbps I think?) It would be great if the files could be hosted on a file sharing site, or rareboc.

Boqurant
Mansin wrote:
oliveoil22 wrote:
What's in them?

Oh, I hope he still has the files. Also, could you upload the music to your soundcloud?

Sure:
phpBB [media]
Image ImageImage

Friendly Stranger
oliveoil22 wrote:I posted all that stuff! That's the content from the flash game.
Anybody have flash/shockwave files from anything other than the atomless.com game?

I'm talking about the other flash files that appeared on the website before the game was released.

sorry man, I'm deadass sometimes.

Boqurant
Michi-LFG wrote:
oliveoil22 wrote:I posted all that stuff! That's the content from the flash game.

sorry man, I'm deadass sometimes.

Lol no worries
Image ImageImage

Eagle Minded

Hey, I have these. I stumbled over them on slsk well over a decade ago.
Some of the others include children.swf (which you may recognize from the ATP concert!), 15.swf, 66.swf, kook.swf, whl.swf, etc.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GLCX2h ... sp=sharing
WOOP WOOP IT'S THE SOUND OF THE AGEISPOLIS

Boqurant
playbyletters wrote:

Hey, I have these. I stumbled over them on slsk well over a decade ago.
Some of the others include children.swf (which you may recognize from the ATP concert!), 15.swf, 66.swf, kook.swf, whl.swf, etc.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GLCX2h ... sp=sharing

Neat! Thanks. Once I rip those check that soundcloud playlist I made!
Image ImageImage

Return to Boards of Canada