GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
hexagonFox wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:I apologise for the stream of schizophrenia, This is my last post on this, but here's a round up:

GPT - **June 1st**: The launch date of the Pioneer probes, marking the beginning of their missions to explore space and transmit data back to Earth.

- **0106**: Represents the reverse of "6010" in the UK date format, reflecting the launch date of the Pioneer probes (June 1st).

- **1420.405751177 MHz**: The frequency of the hydrogen hyperfine transition, included on the Pioneer plaques as a universal reference, transmitted from Earth on June 1st as part of the probes' mission.

- **162.255 MHz**: A common frequency used for communication with satellites and spacecraft, including the Pioneer probes, for telemetry, tracking, and command operations after their launch on June 1st.

**Eta Aquariids**: The Eta Aquariids meteor shower, associated with Halley's Comet, peaks around early May to late July each year. Named after the constellation Aquarius, it's a reminder of the cosmic events occurring around the time of the Pioneer launch and their ongoing exploration.

These elements together symbolize humanity's efforts in space exploration, communication, and the natural wonders of the cosmos, with a nod to the Pioneer launch date and the celestial spectacle of the Eta Aquariids meteor shower.

Incredible Post , but I think GPT got that wrong
The pioneer 10 was launched on March 2/3.

All and all still incredible

Cheers bro! Yeah just having some fun with it, Finding patterns in thin air :)

Can all these outlandish theories also be linked to LP5 a bit more directly in the posts or am I missing the obvious? :) I'm Lost.

Sherbet Head
Good cycles guise? :-D

Sherbet Head
Fredd-E wrote:Can all these outlandish theories also be linked to LP5 a bit more directly in the posts or am I missing the obvious? :) I'm Lost.

Haha yeah I get you, It was all kind of random and probably should have been it's own thread and more.. Relevant.

The Eta Aquariids meteor shower and 6010 reversed is really just the clue I thought maybe relevant, 6010 to Aquarius, So I thought late May-Early June may be a good time for a release but both these things happen every year.. But that was my main theory on the next release time-frame. Sorry lol x

Sherbet Head
steeldancer-x wrote:Good cycles guise? :-D

I cannot confirm or neither deny this :)

Boqurant
9 more palindrome dates from today. Hoping for some official activity.

Posts Quantity
Fredd-E wrote:Can all these outlandish theories also be linked to LP5 a bit more directly in the posts or am I missing the obvious? :) I'm Lost.

Right? Reading "theories" on here sometimes feels like I'm reading a diary written by a schizo
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Boqurant
qukk_ wrote:

Right? Reading "theories" on here sometimes feels like I'm reading a diary written by a schizo

Why do you bother saying stuff like that? I'm sure you have it all figured out.

Eagle Minded
Another mistake

Boqurant
I would've killed to be at something like all tomorrow's parties, but at the same time it feels like their work is meant to be consumed in solitude.

Boqurant
4/20/2024 is the same backwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posts Quantity
ASYMPTOTE wrote:
qukk_ wrote:

Why do you bother saying stuff like that? I'm sure you have it all figured out.

I don't. It just seems to me that people are reaching out a bit too far to justify why something "connects" with something else.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Boqurant
Then let it be, and move on. Please.

Sherbet Head
dont make me turn this car around, kids

Dayvan Cowboy
northernlite wrote:dont make me turn this car around, kids

I'm gonna kick my feet in the back passenger seat. Rarrrgh!

- "Muu-uum? Jonathan won't stop pulling my hairrrrrrr."

Sherbet Head
See ya's later

Eagle Minded

I don't believe anything I said can be constituted as outlandish theories. And I did include Boards of Canada and hopes for psychedelicism in their next release (whenever that is) to be fair.

I would also add that the book I mentioned is a great glossary for understanding where psychedelic music comes from and how it evolved / created new music genres, including electronic music. It does connect a lot of dots and help as a listener to understand a broader context of Boards of Canada and where they are in relation to all of this musical history. The book has litanies of credible sources and citations.

But I remain where I was in saying, I hope for more Geogaddi-esque psychedelicism in any upcoming release. I would love that.

Sherbet Head
I think we're gonna get a little bit of everything

Posts Quantity
hearing new BoC for the first time while high on acid is so goddamn crazy

i did the honours the day TH released

highly recommend it
"R-Worded"

Eagle Minded
I had the same experience with Geogaddi. I still wish I hadn't skipped The Devil is in the Details.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada