just madee a music video for whitewater :3

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
hi guys. hope yall are having a good day. i just made a music video for witewater!! spent lots of time on it!!
hope you guys enjoy ittttt!!!! :33333
phpBB [media]
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Dayvan Cowboy
:lol:

Haha I got a bit dizzy after the first minute had passed, then I saw what a sweet loop it was. It's like "gifs you can hear" or The Chemical Brothers Star Guitar video of a train journey synchronising with the music. Bravo.

phpBB [media]

Sherbet Head
Orbited insanitarium wrote::lol:

Haha I got a bit dizzy after the first minute had passed, then I saw what a sweet loop it was. It's like "gifs you can hear" or The Chemical Brothers Star Guitar video of a train journey synchronising with the music. Bravo.

phpBB [media]

Okay I have never seen this music video before, this is actually quite cool! I have always dreamed of making a music video that completely matches with the structure of a song at such a fundamental level. Glad to see that not only that I am not the first do thinks so but that someone out there actually did it and did a very good job at it! Appreciate sharing this song to me Orbited!

Also yeah this video I made is an evil joke I made to fool anyone thinking it was an actual song. And the title of the thread is supposed to satirize my posts from 2018 and 19 with the misspellings and all.

I actually posted this video on r/boardsofcanada tho it seems that the people there hated the video so much I got permanently banned!

Image https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada/comments/1ci798u/my_neww_boards_of_canaada_music_video_for/

Honestly I am very confused as to why this obvious joke post would get me banned but me trying to genuinely spread misinformation on the same subreddit some 5 years ago with my fake Catalog 3 tracks somehow did not. Maybe the pain of not being able to have the song start really did strike a nerve and I have in a way committed a sin beyond forgiveness. For ever what one could say "The Devil" within "The Details". >:3

Such tomfoolery. Either way I enjoy this song recommendation and the music video especially. I'll see if I can get the redit thing resolved, either way kind of funny.

Dayvan Cowboy
Flory wrote:I actually posted this video on r/boardsofcanada tho it seems that the people there hated the video so much I got permanently banned!

Image https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada/comments/1ci798u/my_neww_boards_of_canaada_music_video_for/

Honestly I am very confused as to why this obvious joke post would get me banned but me trying to genuinely spread misinformation on the same subreddit some 5 years ago with my fake Catalog 3 tracks somehow did not. Maybe the pain of not being able to have the song start really did strike a nerve and I have in a way committed a sin beyond forgiveness. For ever what one could say "The Devil" within "The Details". >:3

Such tomfoolery. Either way I enjoy this song recommendation and the music video especially. I'll see if I can get the redit thing resolved, either way kind of funny.

Permanently banned???? Well despite all the question marks at the end of that word, I can't say I'm surprised. Not at the content of your post which I see to be perfectly fine, but at the moderators of the subreddit. I'll go on the record to say this is one of the most petty actions I have ever heard about. It's a contributing reason as to why that place is as naff as it is now, absolutely no FUN. Yes FUN keeps getting removed!
Your video doesn't class as trolling, nor spamming, it's baffling that they thought it justified straight up banning you.
I don't know if it was spurred by the comments on the post, but they should always review something on face value initially, before looking at any reactions expressed. Those people get out of bed the wrong side every morning I tell ya.
I HOPE YOU READ THIS R/BOC MODS. I'm not angry, I'm just dissapointed. :wink:

I'm glad you elaborated on the title satirising and parodying your old posts. I wasn't there for the Flory flurry in 2019 lol but it just goes to show that at the very least you can take a joke, and pop one at yourself too.

Flory wrote:Okay I have never seen this music video before, this is actually quite cool! I have always dreamed of making a music video that completely matches with the structure of a song at such a fundamental level. Glad to see that not only that I am not the first do thinks so but that someone out there actually did it and did a very good job at it! Appreciate sharing this song to me Orbited!

Exactly. It's truly an amazing art-piece to me, transcending big-beat or the genre of music. Ever since I first saw it, when I'm now on a train I stare out of the window with my Walkman cd player spinning something rhythmic, hoping to witness Star Guitar psychedelic sights of my own. It changed the way I travel, instructs me to take all of the passing pictures in.

Sherbet Head
Flory wrote:hi guys. hope yall are having a good day. i just made a music video for witewater!! spent lots of time on it!!
phpBB [media]

The full video that you took the snippet from -- does something really bad happen in it?

Sherbet Head
Josh wrote:
Flory wrote:hi guys. hope yall are having a good day. i just made a music video for witewater!! spent lots of time on it!!
phpBB [media]

The full video that you took the snippet from -- does something really bad happen in it?
Oh no no. I cited the source of the news clip it's from in the description. Just a few minor injuries but nothing sever at all. Just the lost pride of a rich guy trying to sale busses that drive on train like tracks.

Sherbet Head
Oh no no. I cited the source of the news clip it's from in the description. Just a few minor injuries but nothing sever at all. Just the lost pride of a rich guy trying to sale busses that drive on train like tracks.

Ok. I must be thinking of some other video that randomly showed up in my Twitter feed one day. It was bad.

Sherbet Head
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
Flory wrote:I actually posted this video on r/boardsofcanada tho it seems that the people there hated the video so much I got permanently banned!

Permanently banned???? Well despite all the question marks at the end of that word, I can't say I'm surprised. Not at the content of your post which I see to be perfectly fine, but at the moderators of the subreddit. I'll go on the record to say this is one of the most petty actions I have ever heard about. It's a contributing reason as to why that place is as naff as it is now, absolutely no FUN. Yes FUN keeps getting removed!
Your video doesn't class as trolling, nor spamming, it's baffling that they thought it justified straight up banning you.
I don't know if it was spurred by the comments on the post, but they should always review something on face value initially, before looking at any reactions expressed. Those people get out of bed the wrong side every morning I tell ya.
I HOPE YOU READ THIS R/BOC MODS. I'm not angry, I'm just dissapointed. :wink:

I'm glad you elaborated on the title satirising and parodying your old posts. I wasn't there for the Flory flurry in 2019 lol but it just goes to show that at the very least you can take a joke, and pop one at yourself too.

Flory wrote:Okay I have never seen this music video before, this is actually quite cool! I have always dreamed of making a music video that completely matches with the structure of a song at such a fundamental level. Glad to see that not only that I am not the first do thinks so but that someone out there actually did it and did a very good job at it! Appreciate sharing this song to me Orbited!

Exactly. It's truly an amazing art-piece to me, transcending big-beat or the genre of music. Ever since I first saw it, when I'm now on a train I stare out of the window with my Walkman cd player spinning something rhythmic, hoping to witness Star Guitar psychedelic sights of my own. It changed the way I travel, instructs me to take all of the passing pictures in.

Update: I have since been reinstated on the subredit. Turns out the mods thought I was spamming my account on the reddit or something and it was just an over reaction. They were very kind in their response and I appreciate it. My title did give off spamy vibes tbf. But was told to not post troll like material on the subredit from now on which is completely understandable. Just glad it got resolved.

And yeah I love to crack joke at my past self. It's a nice way to be honest with ones mistakes and accepting oneself while also growing from them instead of just hiding them and never learning to have peace with the natural process of growing up and learning in general.

Happy Cycler
reddit moment lol
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Return to Boards of Canada