GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
darling_candy wrote:"Maybe these guys are bluffing but maybe they're not!"
"That's what you don't know!"

Couldn't help but think about these lines from SXT today. I'm like the rest of you -- would love to be proved wrong by this elaborate hoax.

Hahaha! Speaking of which, this also seems rather fitting right now...

"l got 300 hot, screaming kids waiting to see Leo the Lizard" :mrgreen:
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Dayvan Cowboy
"The final clue came when I saw her in the red satin sweater."

I wonder if we know the subject of the next Catherine Fell video clip and if so, then "she's" legit. XD
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Not that anyone asked but here's what I think:

IMO there's no way this is a self promo because of the references to BoC (Catherine Fell = Hell Interface). Why would someone be promoting their own music using an anagram for a BoC alias? Seems very unlikely to me.

Of course there's the most likely option that this is a troll. Really, the only reason I don't think this is 100% a troll is because of the Owl Of Minerva reference and the recent spike in activity. Idk to me that was always a pretty damn obscure thing within the community and If I was going to troll an entire musical community I'm not sure I would pick such an obscure reference. You could definitely argue that whoever the troll is picked this reference because of it's obscurity to make it more convincing though. I will say, if this is a troll it's a pretty damn good one imo.

Chances of this being real, id say are about 10%. That being said, I am hopeful.
no information at this moment in time

Posts Quantity
sixtyniner wrote:
Echelon wrote:Isn't that the date Arvy just mentioned because it would be a nice date for a release? Does it have any connection to this hoax otherwise?

I didn't see that post, you're right Arvy did mention it so yeah I might be wrong, this might have just been posted by someone here. The mysterious nature of the comment and the short time in between the comment and the clyp.it did seem very coincidental.

I questioned this date when I saw it posted under the youtube video and posted here by Arvy, the new clip remided me of that genuine BoC message from the SAY awards a few years back.

Could be is this prospectnyc guy made the new clip based on the old SAY awards message.

Boqurant
It must be a troll. It seems far too literalistic, and I cant see anything new in it. Just referential ciphers to the past.

Eagle Minded
Logan71 wrote:Could be is this prospectnyc guy made the new clip based on the old SAY awards message.

That's the account that commented on the 2014 awards speech video right?
They commented "October 23, 2020" and when I asked what they meant by it they said "20/10/2020 = SixtyTen"

Posts Quantity
demo wrote:
Logan71 wrote:Could be is this prospectnyc guy made the new clip based on the old SAY awards message.

That's the account that commented on the 2014 awards speech video right?
They commented "October 23, 2020" and when I asked what they meant by it they said "20/10/2020 = SixtyTen"
User names are different- probably a random fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posts Quantity
Josh wrote:Okay. Can we recap what's been going on?

So far I've got:

1. A bunch of likes on social media.
2. A random post on reddit.
3. A youtube channel named with an anagram of Hell Interface displaying a code of some kind, distorted audio and an image of a pier.

Did I miss anything?

I really want this to be something, but my BOCDAR is telling me we're being trolled by someone with too much time on their hands. (As far the likes on Twitter and Instagram, I'm in the camp of those who believe these are not an indication of anything and are probably the work of someone from Warp or possibly MDG.) Please, by all means, convince me I'm wrong and feel free to say, "I told you!".
4. https://clyp.it/user/icomyy5a

Posts Quantity
https://clyp.it/user/icomyy5a

In the notes is a string:
aydhl1k4ni23iand9dni H18x37u9x74I

H = Hell
18 x 37 = 666
u = (You the Listener)
9 x 74 = 666
I = Interface

1 x 4 x 23 x 9 = 828

Maybe August 28, 2020 will be the next clue?

Dayvan Cowboy
Logan71 wrote:
sixtyniner wrote:
Echelon wrote:Isn't that the date Arvy just mentioned because it would be a nice date for a release? Does it have any connection to this hoax otherwise?

I didn't see that post, you're right Arvy did mention it so yeah I might be wrong, this might have just been posted by someone here. The mysterious nature of the comment and the short time in between the comment and the clyp.it did seem very coincidental.

I questioned this date when I saw it posted under the youtube video and posted here by Arvy, the new clip remided me of that genuine BoC message from the SAY awards a few years back.

Could be is this prospectnyc guy made the new clip based on the old SAY awards message.

Just a wishfull thinking. A joke if you will. If you look very closely BOC not giving any leads to expect a new release now. Their likes on social media is just a way to communicate with their fans. If you agree on something, doesn't mean you are going to do that. I have a thought on a back of my head. That there's surely new release coming. But it is not going to happen tommorrow, this year, or even next year. Like they want, that people would just let it go. And then suddenly drop their music. `just not right now.

Friendly Stranger
"MrVainetechnologies" is back on Reddit with a new post:

Some Folk... install
V = 3
L = 1
W = 1+2
ID IDENT

Not sure I want to go down the rabbit hole again, but ...

Eagle Minded
Old Tunes Vol 3 confirmed

Eagle Minded
darling_candy wrote:"MrVainetechnologies" is back on Reddit with a new post:

Some Folk... install
V = 3
L = 1
W = 1+2
ID IDENT

Could he perhaps be the same guy who does the constant shitposts on here?

Sherbet Head
LoL
You could feel the bullshit

Sherbet Head
Livened up the forum though and made me listen to Creedence today.

Friendly Stranger
demo wrote:Old Tunes Vol 3 confirmed

"And one day we shall know" :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
darling_candy wrote:"MrVainetechnologies" is back on Reddit with a new post:

Some Folk... install
V = 3
L = 1
W = 1+2
ID IDENT

I think it's just a word salad to say, "You guys will find meaning in anything."

Sherbet Head
Echelon wrote:
I think it's just a word salad to say, "You guys will find meaning in anything."

Nail on head

"Some folks" in the fortunate son lyrics though

Dayvan Cowboy
I think the reason the snippet sounds relatively convincing at all is that there are no drums on it.

All fakes that I've heard can never nail the percussion correctly. They always sound extremely clunky and without that precise crunch that most BOC tracks have.

Here is my message to "MrVaine" and "CatherineFell" who are probably reading this thread. If you truly are BOC, let me hear a track of yours with percussion. ;)

Sherbet Head
I think that is absolutely true, and why fakes stay well away from drums. They layer so much stuff and process in clumps to sound like they are all one part. It's pretty hard to do I imagine. Saying that, TH was some of their more simple sounding drums, where the were drums.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada