GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
Geogandhi wrote:
Echelon wrote:
I think it's just a word salad to say, "You guys will find meaning in anything."

Nail on head

"Some folks" in the fortunate son lyrics though

So, almost immediately after you posted this, "MrVainetechnologies" edited their post from "Some folk..." to "Some folks"

Sherbet Head
really? How strange, hmmm
You could feel the bullshit

Dayvan Cowboy
I'll bite and say this: Perhaps he wants you to count all of the V's, L's and W's in the song and replace them with numbers in order to solve this mystery. (I'm sure they'll add up to 666 somehow lmao)

I like how he's basically a Clue villain. But hey, if you've got nothing to do today....
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:
darling_candy wrote:"MrVainetechnologies" is back on Reddit with a new post:

Some Folk... install
V = 3
L = 1
W = 1+2
ID IDENT

Not sure I want to go down the rabbit hole again, but ...

I think it's just a word salad to say, "You guys will find meaning in anything."
What’s the ID IDENT about? Does that mean anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sherbet Head
Just read that someone said they have seen the woman and the Pier photo on some bandcamp ages ago.

New Seed
Logan71 wrote:
sixtyniner wrote:
Echelon wrote:Isn't that the date Arvy just mentioned because it would be a nice date for a release? Does it have any connection to this hoax otherwise?

I didn't see that post, you're right Arvy did mention it so yeah I might be wrong, this might have just been posted by someone here. The mysterious nature of the comment and the short time in between the comment and the clyp.it did seem very coincidental.

I questioned this date when I saw it posted under the youtube video and posted here by Arvy, the new clip remided me of that genuine BoC message from the SAY awards a few years back.

Could be is this prospectnyc guy made the new clip based on the old SAY awards message.

Long time listener, first time poster.
I also replied to prospectnyc's YouTube comment on the SAY awards clip, basically asking if he was Catherine Fell. His comment and the replies now seem to have disappeared, I assume deleted, so maybe he is involved and covering his tracks. Looking through his YouTube Channel, he is a BoC fan, Musician, and interested in Maths. Which, of course, could have absolutely no relevance to any of this!
I would love all of this to mean something and for new music to appear, but as with most here, I'm reluctantly feeling that this is a hoax. Happy to be proven wrong though!

Posts Quantity
Geogandhi wrote:Just read that someone said they have seen the woman and the Pier photo on some bandcamp ages ago.
I read similar - but it was a guy with a beard? Lmfao

Friendly Stranger
Echelon wrote:I'll bite and say this: Perhaps he wants you to count all of the V's, L's and W's in the song and replace them with numbers in order to solve this mystery. (I'm sure they'll add up to 666 somehow lmao)

I like how he's basically a Clue villain. But hey, if you've got nothing to do today....

Lol I was thinking Creedence Clearwater Revival ...

Sherbet Head
Nah, has to be a lady, like someones gran with that hairdo.

Posts Quantity
Geogandhi wrote:Nah, has to be a lady, like someones gran with that hairdo.
Bob Ross was suspect #1 lol

Sherbet Head
haha, you never know.

Eagle Minded
Geogandhi wrote:I think that is absolutely true, and why fakes stay well away from drums. They layer so much stuff and process in clumps to sound like they are all one part.
This. Also some of the sampling techniques seem unusual for BoC. For example doing a mirrored or reverse-to-normal sample ('chapter one' sample in Clyp) and the "stopping the record" pitch lowering effect at the end.
On top of that, using a Leary sample seems a bit too obvious trying for the drug-culture angle. Add all the anagrams, codes, obscure image in YT vid...like what VonS said, too literalistic.
Though I'll say the audio isn't bad and all this sleuthing is something fun to do during a BoC drought.

Posts Quantity
What is this!?

Lady at the pier

https://youtu.be/dYwb50XSDFw

Sherbet Head
Ha, not BoC Ross

Posts Quantity
Yo got it. Confirmed by Catherine Fell lol

Eagle Minded
what is up with the CCR Fortune Son references?

Posts Quantity
ZosoCon wrote:what is up with the CCR Fortune Son references?
Also why was it renamed fortunate sons (plural)?

Eagle Minded
also, Fortunate Son was released in 1969
no information at this moment in time

New Seed
I didn't see that post, you're right Arvy did mention it so yeah I might be wrong, this might have just been posted by someone here. The mysterious nature of the comment and the short time in between the comment and the clyp.it did seem very coincidental.[/quote]

I questioned this date when I saw it posted under the youtube video and posted here by Arvy, the new clip remided me of that genuine BoC message from the SAY awards a few years back.

Could be is this prospectnyc guy made the new clip based on the old SAY awards message.[/quote]

Long time listener, first time poster.
I also replied to prospectnyc's YouTube comment on the SAY awards clip, basically asking if he was Catherine Fell. His comment and the replies now seem to have disappeared, I assume deleted, so maybe he is involved and covering his tracks. Looking through his YouTube Channel, he is a BoC fan, Musician, and interested in Maths. Which, of course, could have absolutely no relevance to any of this!
I would love all of this to mean something and for new music to appear, but as with most here, I'm reluctantly feeling that this is a hoax. Happy to be proven wrong though![/quote]

Just to add to this, youtube account prospectnyc had commented on the Catherine Fell youtube clip - I again asked if he was Catherine Fell (and The Lady at the Pier), and again his comment and mine have been deleted.

Posts Quantity
Screenshots of deleted comments?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada