GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

New Seed
PerniciousKnid wrote:Screenshots of deleted comments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, didn't capture. First video the user had posted "23rd October 2020." Second post was the word "FAKE"to the Catherine Fell video.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:I'll bite and say this: Perhaps he wants you to count all of the V's, L's and W's in the song and replace them with numbers in order to solve this mystery. (I'm sure they'll add up to 666 somehow lmao)

I like how he's basically a Clue villain. But hey, if you've got nothing to do today....

Some fo1ks are born made to 1+2a3e the f1ag
Ooh, they're red, 1+2hite and b1ue
And 1+2hen the band p1ays "Hai1 To The Chief"
Ooh, they point the cannon at you, 1ord

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no senator's son, son
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no

Some fo1ks are born si13er spoon in hand
1ord, don't they he1p themse13es, oh
But 1+2hen the taxman comes to the door
1ord, the house 1ooks 1ike a rummage sa1e, yes

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no mi11ionaire's son, no, no
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no

Yeah!
Some fo1ks inherit star spang1ed eyes
Ooh, they send you do1+2n to 1+2ar, 1ord
And 1+2hen you ask them, "Ho1+2 much shou1d 1+2e gi3e?"
Ooh, they on1y ans1+2er, "More! More! More!" Yo

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no mi1itary son, son
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, one

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no no no
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate son, no no no

total of 4 "V"s
total of 23 "L"s
total of 10 "W"s
no information at this moment in time

Dayvan Cowboy
Usual disclaimers, this is not BoC, and my playing along in no way suggests I believe it is, yadda yadda.

THAT SAID: a) there's some really quiet audio buried at the end of the Lady At The Pier video. Kinda sounds like a fairground barrel organ or an ice cream van or something. Scrape it yourself and boost up the levels.
b) This ID 1357D8273649I98I86T8636D doesn't seem to correlate to anything like the last one did, that I can see (which correlated to the clyp, but we found the clyp first, so I don't even know. Maybe it's coming in a day or two, or Google just needs a few days to find it as clyp isn't searchable)

HOWEVER, in what's possibly a huge coincidence if you take the longest string of consecutive digits 8273649 and use them as old-timey-phone digits-to-letters you can make that spell TAPEMIX

That just amuses me from a "someone is definitely trolling here" point of view. Seriously, nobody seize on that, that's probably not deliberate on the part of whoever's running this.

Dayvan Cowboy
Negamuse wrote:Usual disclaimers, this is not BoC, and my playing along in no way suggests I believe it is, yadda yadda.

THAT SAID: a) there's some really quiet audio buried at the end of the Lady At The Pier video. Kinda sounds like a fairground barrel organ or an ice cream van or something. Scrape it yourself and boost up the levels.
b) This ID 1357D8273649I98I86T8636D doesn't seem to correlate to anything like the last one did, that I can see (which correlated to the clyp, but we found the clyp first, so I don't even know. Maybe it's coming in a day or two, or Google just needs a few days to find it as clyp isn't searchable)

HOWEVER, in what's possibly a huge coincidence if you take the longest string of consecutive digits 8273649 and use them as old-timey-phone digits-to-letters you can make that spell TAPEMIX

That just amuses me from a "someone is definitely trolling here" point of view. Seriously, nobody seize on that, that's probably not deliberate on the part of whoever's running this.

That's some cool discoveries and honestly, despite a lot of cynical remarks from me and others, I've come to the realization this is both amusing and fun.

At least someone is putting in BOC level effort into their trolling and that demands respect.

I kind of like the whole old school organ idea/ice cream truck idea because it makes me think of Geogandhi's theory that the next BOC album will be a sixties summer of love style album. Plus their Sisters remix had an old style organ too
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
IronMark wrote:
darling_candy wrote:"MrVainetechnologies" is back on Reddit with a new post:

Some Folk... install
V = 3
L = 1
W = 1+2
ID IDENT

Not sure I want to go down the rabbit hole again, but ...

Could he perhaps be the same guy who does the constant shitposts on here?
It was then edited to “some folks...” maybe to match up with the lady at the pier video?

Boqurant
I9 IH 9H9H

9H9H = 2020

9 = 2

H = 0

X2 - X0 - 2020

We don't know if the month is X2 or X0. However, that means that X has to be 1

12 - 10 - 2020

October 12th or December 10th?
"When I was a fetus I was nostalgic for when I was sperm".

Posts Quantity
NuevasSemillas wrote:I9 IH 9H9H

9H9H = 2020

9 = 2

H = 0

X2 - X0 - 2020

12 - 10 - 2020

You deleted your comment on reddit? Thanks for reposting- might be onto something!?

Posts Quantity
PerniciousKnid wrote:

9H9H = 2020

9 = 2

H = 0

X2 - X0 - 2020

12 - 10 - 2020

You deleted your comment on reddit? Thanks for reposting- might be onto something!?

Someone else mentioned to think about it upside down - H6H6 HI 6I - any thoughts on this?

Dayvan Cowboy
vonS wrote:Weird. I thought vain etechnologies was a reference/snipe at all the like/tweet obsession the past few weeks.

I really hate to say this, but I actually think this is on brand with the brothers' beliefs towards the internet/social media.

I think we're dealing with a hardcore BOC fan honestly! XD Anyone willing to confess?

Eagle Minded
Strange... the further this hoax goes I'm starting to feel like it is BOC, I'm not saying it's not fake, I think this is absolutely fake. But some part of me thinks this could still be BOC. Fake news? Misinformation? Sounds like topics BOC themselves would like to explore. I've got nothing to support this, just feeling.

Dayvan Cowboy
demo wrote:Strange... the further this hoax goes I'm starting to feel like it is BOC, I'm not saying it's not fake, I think this is absolutely fake. But some part of me thinks this could still be BOC. Fake news? Misinformation? Sounds like topics BOC themselves would like to explore. I've got nothing to support this, just feeling.

It's the tenacity of the hoax/hoaxer. It's the one thing they have in common with BOC. BOC like to plan everything out to a T and so does this person. They clearly aimed to copy that vibe.

The one issue that people point out about it though is that it uses all of the familiar tropes of BOC to an almost stereotypical level. But maybe that's intentional.

Whoever is making this is deliberately referencing a lot of the mythos that surround the brothers concerning satan, cults and apocalypses. Stuff from the past and their past.

Posts Quantity
chronical wrote:Robots doing robot things

Eagle Minded
"We got fed up with people saying that we're a formulaic band that you could kind of describe in a couple of sentences, It can become really dangerous for a band if you don't have a certain level of self-consciousness about these things. You always have to stay a few steps in front if your audience. We always have people putting fakes on the Internet before a new record is released, and the fakes are always really electronic with little kids' voices and things like that. Next time around all the fakes will include wobbly guitars like the ones we use on this album."

Boqurant
I think the above quote nails it.

Aside from the current activity being somewhat trapped in the past in terms of motifs and methodologies, it seems to be limited around two basic tropes (1) spot the 666/IH references, and (2) crack this numbers game. It doesnt seem, at least at this stage, to offer much beyond that. I will be kind, however, to the troller and suggest that the changing photos suggest something (particularly that pink colour, which seems to get bigger).

The other thing that suggests a fan creation is the relentless inrensity of the posts. Its like every day, or other day, and it seems to me like who ever created the riddles is desperate to drive people to them. I recall (maybe wrongly) that the TH event was much more sedentary, elusive, and appeared to have things layered for a longer time.

Dayvan Cowboy

9H9H = 2020

9 = 2

H = 0

X2 - X0 - 2020

12 - 10 - 2020

Oh that's clever! But I think you've got one too many 9H there, no? Not that it matters for that solution, cos 12-10-20 still works as a date, if that's what they were going for,

Posts Quantity
Nothing to do with BoC.

Have they ever done this kind of thing? Even the stuff before the TH release with the numbers etc was not BoC's idea, it was Warp marketing if I remember right?

Sherbet Head
Promotion budget cuts due to Corona virus.
You could feel the bullshit

Sherbet Head
Also, I wouldn't get excited about this, anyone that does and gets disappointed, it's their own fault, setting themselves up for a fall, and it's a pointless fall not worth having, I mean, look at the facts. I'm having fun but it is what it is.
Some redditors seem to be getting a little righteous with their BoC, which is worrying.
You could feel the bullshit

Posts Quantity
Zephyr Method wrote:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrXdV5kkiGYTIO3NFEOafJA/

this persons probably a part of it, along with this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2LMmx ... Q/featured

I'm not sure how you've come to that conclusion, but interestingly someone with the same name as the second one (well, Tom Hatcher rather than Thomas) is one of the people who has liked my recent tweet which @boctransmission liked:

https://twitter.com/irv_/status/1294258 ... 3344/likes

Eagle Minded
Just found this in the comment chain on the Unspeakable demo. Probably nothing, but a nice melody.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWDu8C_X9n8

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada