GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm confused. Are trolls attempting to mess with actual account activity again?

They need to stop jamming the BOC transmissions! :lol:
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
Mexicola wrote:I smell bullshit..

Could I ask why you created a reddit account yesterday to post an unlabeled link to some audio pulled from the Chris Cunningham collaboration? https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada ... &context=3

Eagle Minded
writetomhatcher wrote:

Could I ask why you created a reddit account yesterday to post an unlabeled link to some audio pulled from the Chris Cunningham collaboration? https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada ... &context=3

I very much doubt that person on Reddit is Mexi from here.

Posts Quantity
IronMark wrote:
writetomhatcher wrote:

I very much doubt that person on Reddit is Mexi from here.

Fair point!

Eagle Minded
Kind of fitting if there is an actual release coming up and it gets drowned out from the noise of false leads and misinformation...perfect reflection on society as a whole and 2020 in particular.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Posts Quantity
drixlin wrote:Kind of fitting if there is an actual release coming up and it gets drowned out from the noise of false leads and misinformation...perfect reflection on society as a whole and 2020 in particular.

Sure, but that would be more focused on the past. BOC is more forward thinking with their themes (see: Owl of Minerva).

Posts Quantity
Only reason I'm believing this isn't bullshit is because MDG came onto the site. That only happens when real stuff is going on. You guys need to embrace wishful thinking for once.
chronical wrote:Robots doing robot things

Eagle Minded
Zephyr Method wrote:You guys need to embrace wishful thinking for once.

Ahhhhhh young one, let us regale you of tales of the sudden appearance of a black box, many many moons ago...

There is a reason a lot of the people here are cynical.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Posts Quantity
Good point. I've only been a fan of BoC for 3 years. Pretty much everyone on this forum has been a fan longer than I have, and with 7 years of nothing but fakes, I can understand being cynical.

Eagle Minded
Zephyr Method wrote:Good point. I've only been a fan of BoC for 3 years. Pretty much everyone on this forum has been a fan longer than I have, and with 7 years of nothing but fakes, I can understand being cynical.

Thank you for taking my comment the way it was intended...I realized after I posted it, I may have come off as an asshole, not the tongue-firmly-in-cheek I intended, ha!

Sherbet Head
These puzzles are fun and we get to hear stuff we've never heard but that's all it is. Some of us have been worn to the nub by years of sad, dead ends fuelled by confirmation bias and the craic of I WANT TO BELIEVE.

This one's a nope too.

Dayvan Cowboy
Twoist wrote:
This one's a nope too.

Are you talking about the Pioneer Plaque or the BOC transmission jammers?

I think the pioneer plaque means something if the Hell Interface channel is legit. Why? Because before Tomorrow's Harvest came out, BOC had a banner in places of their logo and a nuclear explosion going off. This happened quite a few months before record store day and people speculated on the meaning in a similar fashion.

This is new official art and just as intriguing if not more than the nuclear BOC banner. Who knows, if the image is really made out of wood, maybe it's something that a Hexagon Sun member made during quarantine. That's pretty cool in itself.

Dayvan Cowboy
It is your problem, that you believe in a false ends. That you actually created. BOC were pretty straightforward about what they are planning to do, or not to do. Drop some remixes and reiusses. And that's all. I think people here, should just accept that there maybe no new music coming soon. And this will make much more sense, than all these reaching posts about weird symbols. Which honestly I don't halfly understand. When at the time TH was planned to drop, I almost was sure that this is a real deal. There's nothing like this right now. Just let it go for a moment.

Sherbet Head
Echelon wrote:
Twoist wrote:
This one's a nope too.

Are you talking about the Pioneer Plaque or the BOC transmission jammers?

In terms of these signs being advanced signs of some new material release or of something old and unheard? Both. Arvy is correct.

Posts Quantity
[quote="arvy"]

Arvy, Isn’t the thread about new release SPECULATION?

Isn’t that exactly what people are doing, speculating?

Don’t be so harsh on others who get intrigued by a change in an official channel.

Peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posts Quantity
Right so you're 100% sure, with NO doubts, that this is absolutely in no possible way something new? Just bullshit 100%?

Sherbet Head
Zephyr Method wrote:Right so you're 100% sure, with NO doubts, that this is absolutely in no possible way something new? Just bullshit 100%?

A-ffirm.

Dayvan Cowboy
PerniciousKnid wrote:
arvy wrote:
Arvy, Isn’t the thread about new release SPECULATION?

Isn’t that exactly what people are doing, speculating?

Don’t be so harsh on others who get intrigued by a change in an official channel.

Peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just an observation of mine. . Tho, just think for a second how you would react when the real deal is going to drop. You have to know the difference between the real thing and just speculation. But ultimately this is your choise to believe in anything you feel to. Peace V

Dayvan Cowboy
PerniciousKnid wrote:

Peace.

This 100%. I don't believe in any of this reddit nonsense that people are posting on the forum, but I believe fully in a change to an actual BOC channel that isn't a new fan video. This is a tangible change.

I don't believe we're getting a new album tomorrow, but this is a sign to be watchful. Much like the nuclear bomb banner.

And honestly, the more I see that plaque, the more I want my own haha. Hope it shows up in the bleepstore one day :lol:

Posts Quantity
Right so you're 100% sure, with NO doubts, that this is absolutely in no possible way something new? Just bullshit 100%?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada