GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
Why change anything on Hell Interface at all then? MDG's activity?
It seems really unlikely that it doesn't mean anything. It's the small stuff that people like us would notice. Especially after Cosecha Transmisiones.

I can't tell y'all exactly what is happening, but if BoC is as meticulous and calculated as I think they are, this is the beginning of something moving forward.
------ / ------ / ------ / XXXXXX / ------ / ------

Sherbet Head
Wow, I take a break from being online for a bit and come back to this haha.

Caaaaaaalam dooooown dudes!

I think everyone learned (most knew) to ignore things from sources that are anonymous / public driven, like reddit etc so ignore everything you see. We have a banner change from a legit source, probably just a message to say, yo, we're here, not over there. maybe it will lead to something, maybe it's a nod and we sit tight until something else happens. Don't fall for the same shit that just happened as I bet others will take that lead and try it on again now that we have seen some legit movement.
You could feel the bullshit

Boqurant
Aesthetics wrote:
broke wrote:
cough cough

Hmm, shall we switch back too phpBB2? :P

simpler times :D

Boqurant
Geogandhi wrote:Wow, I take a break from being online for a bit and come back to this haha.

I think everyone learned (most knew) to ignore things from sources that are anonymous / public driven, like reddit etc so ignore everything you see. We have a banner change from a legit source, probably just a message to say, yo, we're here, not over there. maybe it will lead to something, maybe it's a nod and we sit tight until something else happens. Don't fall for the same shit that just happened as I bet others will take that lead and try it on again now that we have seen some legit movement.
Very well put. Agreed wholeheartedly.

Boqurant
Yeah, I mean ultimately, I think it's just saying "hey, we're still here."
I mean lets be real if one of the brothers sneezes, everyone will think a new album is about to drop.

Leave it to the hardcore fans to get excited and start micro-analysing every move.

Dayvan Cowboy
I definitely agree we should be wary. The nuclear bomb banner (https://web.archive.org/web/20111202204 ... -of-canada)
was on there for a few years before anything happened. But it did actually predict their next direction. So, don't expect an album in the next few days or weeks, but this is possibly a hint where they're going next.

Personally, I think this is either a space themed album, or it could be BOC's boxset since the plaque is a message to "others" about a civilization (BOC) themselves.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
I don't get it. This is what I see when I look up Hell Interface on YouTube :

Is this account a fake? And how do we know that the dude on here who set up the fake BoC Bandcamp page isn't behind this?Image

Boqurant
dp wrote:I don't get it. This is what I see when I look up Hell Interface on YouTube :

Is this account a fake? And how do we know that the dude on here who set up the fake BoC Bandcamp page isn't behind this?Image

It's just a guy with the name "Hell Interface", this is the real one
https://www.youtube.com/user/hellinterface
Last edited by happy_cycling on Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posts Quantity
First of all, wrong channel.
Secondly, I set up the Hell Interface and Boards of Canada bandcamp, and they were both seized from me. How can I prove this is not me?
chronical wrote:Robots doing robot things

Posts Quantity
Zephyr Method wrote:First of all, wrong channel.
Secondly, I set up the Hell Interface and Boards of Canada bandcamp, and they were both seized from me. How can I prove this is not me?
You set up this channel?
https://hellinterface.bandcamp.com/

If you don’t mind my asking, we’re they seized from you and by whom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posts Quantity
They were probably seized by Warp. They did this back with MySpace and other social platforms. I received an email requesting a password change (https://imgur.com/a/x8L3bx5) for Hell Interface but never Boards of Canada. I tried to log in with the email associated with the account but it said it could not be identified.

Posts Quantity
Zephyr Method wrote:They were probably seized by Warp. They did this back with MySpace and other social platforms. I received an email requesting a password change (https://imgur.com/a/x8L3bx5) for Hell Interface but never Boards of Canada. I tried to log in with the email associated with the account but it said it could not be identified.
Are we talking about this channel?
https://hellinterface.bandcamp.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagle Minded
“Just give it a bit longer”

Dayvan Cowboy
They have not updated their *official* YouTube page (the Boards of Canada one) or their *official* Twitter page. Until one of those are updated, I'm not believing any of this. There are too many trolls out there intent on deceit.

Also, MDG probably logged on here because he got wind of the last troll maneuver and he wanted to make sure it was over with.

Eagle Minded
Navaru wrote:“Just give it a bit longer”

Maybe these guys are bluffing

Posts Quantity
im now completely lost on whats going on

Eagle Minded
Geogandhi wrote:Wow, I take a break from being online for a bit and come back to this haha.

agreed. its definitely cool to see something but im not getting my hopes really up anytime soon. imo something is coming sooner than later tho. I'd say 3-4 years more max, again just my opinion tho, im still standing strong on my original prediciton untill January 1st 2021.

dp wrote:They have not updated their *official* YouTube page (the Boards of Canada one) or their *official* Twitter page. Until one of those are updated, I'm not believing any of this. There are too many trolls out there intent on deceit.

Also, MDG probably logged on here because he got wind of the last troll maneuver and he wanted to make sure it was over with.

also... the Hell Interface channel is "*official*" so im not sure how you could perceive this as a troll. but agreed with the MDG statement
no information at this moment in time

Boqurant
Zephyr Method wrote:im now completely lost on whats going on

Wait is that Hell Interface Bandcamp link Pernicious Knid posted not the one you created??

Happy Cycler
So, from the sound of it, a bunch of you checked out the Hell Interface youtube channel in the midst of the Catherine Fell Rick Roll.

Sounds to me like they (or whomever actually handles this stuff) saw a bunch of activity on the channel and decided to update some artwork.

Of course I HOPE there is more to it but...

Dayvan Cowboy
dp wrote:Also, MDG probably logged on here because he got wind of the last troll maneuver and he wanted to make sure it was over with.

That makes sense, DP. I didn't think of it like that. He should bust these troll things before they start, lest we spend 20 pages going down a rabbit hole.

I think what annoys/amuses me is that there are people trying to capitalize on actual activity *again* and so we have more mysterious soundclips, fake/real bandcamp pages, fake/real instagrams, etc

Geez, maybe this is all part of some kind of commentary of misinformation like people are saying.
Last edited by Echelon on Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada