GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Stavorius wrote:y'all calm down, it's probably nothing.

But it might not be nothing!
It probably isn't anything.
But it could be something?
Which it probably isn't.
I mean... it might not be nothing.
It might mean something.
It's gotta be nothing.
Right?

Boqurant
I got far too frazzled with the last prank to spend more time reading tea leaves again. I doubt, if and when they release anything, it will be Tomorrows Harvest ARG 2.0.

I fear that we are all seeking meaning into things, and basically writing our own scripts on whatever oddities the web throws at us.

Dayvan Cowboy
Excitement-based feedback loops.

Like before TH when we were speculating about what the new album would be, and someone said "it's been so long it'd be cool if it was because they've been making a double album" then Peter Serafinowicz read that and mentioned on his radio show that there was a new BoC album coming out and there's speculation it was a double album? And we all heard that and went "omg double album confirmed!"

Then when it dropped a bunch of people were forlornly going "wheres the second disk?" There are still people out there who believe there will one day be a disk 2, to possibly that's meant to be played at the same time as disk 1, on a second turntable

Posts Quantity
bendu wrote:That bigjimmy12 account is gone now, which kind of upsets me. I know that the track with the photo of the jellyfish on their channel was not BOC but I REALLY liked it. Did anyone here get a copy of it?
Bigjimmy12 is gone 4 hours later after being called out on here (after being online for a few years) WEIRD - maybe he was in this thread...

And MDG is back online again right now. interesting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sherbet Head
Right, no one needs to be even bringing up the past troll stuff, totally ignore it all now it's done, I take full responsibilty for the fake shit apart from The Birdy guy and Big Jimmy. I can't speak on their behalf but they were getting involved in it for the troll fun too I assume. Concentrate on the legit stuff which as of now is just a banner change and a login, that's all we have right now. It's either because of my shit that they did something, which I highly doubt they'd care enough to do, OR they might be gearing up for something. We'll know when it's real, don't get caught up in anything similar to what I did.
I did actually have a crisis of morality after people started to get deep into the fake ARG and I messaged them on twitter to see if they were actually bothered and to say if so but I got nothing back, of course.
Anyway. I hope that they are doing something and my playful trollness hasn't ruined anything planned, at least in peoples minds. But please, give it no more creedence in regards to what BoC are actually doing.
You could feel the bullshit

Dayvan Cowboy
Geogandhi wrote:Right, no one needs to be even bringing up the past troll stuff, totally ignore it all now it's done, I take full responsibilty for the fake shit apart from The Birdy guy and Big Jimmy. I can't speak on their behalf but they were getting involved in it for the troll fun too I assume. Concentrate on the legit stuff which as of now is just a banner change and a login, that's all we have right now. It's either because of my shit that they did something, which I highly doubt they'd care enough to do, OR they might be gearing up for something. We'll know when it's real, don't get caught up in anything similar to what I did.
I did actually have a crisis of morality after people started to get deep into the fake ARG and I messaged them on twitter to see if they were actually bothered and to say if so but I got nothing back, of course.
Anyway. I hope that they are doing something and my playful trollness hasn't ruined anything planned, at least in peoples minds. But please, give it no more creedence in regards to what BoC are actually doing.

Why should anyone listen to you? You're an admitted troll that wasted everyone's time. GTFO

Sherbet Head
Fair point. People can feel what they want about me, I really don't care about myself, my intention was my intention and people will react in many different ways, and I said from the start people shouldn't get carried away but it was obviously fake from the start and that it was for fun but it was interesting to watch how it unfolded.
And if you feel you had any of your time wasted in any way then maybe you should get off the internet ;)

Eagle Minded
Who/what did you troll? There needs to be a course on the history of this thread.

Sherbet Head
All the Catherine Fell shite.

Friendly Stranger
Geogandhi, so you mean that you are the one making the music in the Catherine Fell / MrVaine clips?

Dayvan Cowboy
It's an official account so it's kinda cool, but I don't think it's anymore than them telling us they're still around.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Sherbet Head
flyinthepool wrote:Geogandhi, so you mean that you are the one making the music in the Catherine Fell / MrVaine clips?

Yeah. I wasn't going to even admit to it but I don't want anyone to bring that back up into something that has legitimacy to it. It was what it was and the Rickroll should have ended it in the way it was intended.

Posts Quantity
Wasn’t their twitter liking spree a sign they were there? Don’t they make it clear in their interviews that they are constantly making music, so much so that they don’t realize years have passed from a previous release? If their intention was to only wave at us, that would be laying it on pretty thick.

Boqurant
Geogandhi wrote:
flyinthepool wrote:Geogandhi, so you mean that you are the one making the music in the Catherine Fell / MrVaine clips?

Yeah. I wasn't going to even admit to it but I don't want anyone to bring that back up into something that has legitimacy to it. It was what it was and the Rickroll should have ended it in the way it was intended.

Fair play, I thought it was great. I really enjoyed the ride - is any of your own material online?

Eagle Minded
writetomhatcher wrote:Wasn’t their twitter liking spree a sign they were there? Don’t they make it clear in their interviews that they are constantly making music, so much so that they don’t realize years have passed from a previous release? If their intention was to only wave at us, that would be laying it on pretty thick.

It'd be laying it on incredibly thick :lol:

I have faith. Somethings coming
lone.bandcamp.com

Friendly Stranger
I must admit I thought they were the real deal. Feel like a complete moron now. Cant believe I could think that. But anyway, I read the reddit-thread after the Rick Roll and you mentioned that you had sampled a Motown track. Have been curious about which song it was because I liked it so much. Could you point out the sample? Then we will also know that you are not another troll trolling us into that you are another troll lol.

Posts Quantity
mondaffe wrote:
Geogandhi wrote:

Fair play, I thought it was great. I really enjoyed the ride - is any of your own material online?
Geo, Just to confirm and end all this - Where did MrVaineTechnologies say he found the clyp? What was his exact verbatim quote?

Eagle Minded
What if, with the new banner change, it is signaling something different entirely... what if we get a full length Hell Interface album... i would very much be into that..

Sherbet Head
PerniciousKnid wrote:Just to confirm and end all this - Where did MrVaineTechnologies say he found the clyp? What was his exact verbatim quote?

Haha, I think that was a random PM message on Reddit, Somewhere round the back on the Barbers maybe. A throwaway comment.

Sherbet Head
flyinthepool wrote:I must admit I thought they were the real deal. Feel like a complete moron now. Cant believe I could think that. But anyway, I read the reddit-thread after the Rick Roll and you mentioned that you had sampled a Motown track. Have been curious about which song it was because I liked it so much. Could you point out the sample? Then we will also know that you are not another troll trolling us into that you are another troll lol.

Don't feel ashamed of that. It turned into an experiment of how amazing the brain is to find sense in things if they want it enough.
I did make it obviously fake with the generic anagrams but I didn't account for so much double think. I found it really interesting.
The sample in that clip was of a motown style track called Love's gone bad by Chris Clark (not that Chris Clark)

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada