GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
mondaffe wrote:
Geogandhi wrote:
flyinthepool wrote:Geogandhi, so you mean that you are the one making the music in the Catherine Fell / MrVaine clips?

Yeah. I wasn't going to even admit to it but I don't want anyone to bring that back up into something that has legitimacy to it. It was what it was and the Rickroll should have ended it in the way it was intended.

Fair play, I thought it was great. I really enjoyed the ride - is any of your own material online?

Yeah but i'm not posting it ;)
You could feel the bullshit

Posts Quantity
Geogandhi wrote:
PerniciousKnid wrote:Just to confirm and end all this - Where did MrVaineTechnologies say he found the clyp? What was his exact verbatim quote?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, I think that was a random PM message on Reddit, Somewhere round the back on the Barbers maybe. A throwaway comment.
Confirmed - with the additional PM info. only three people know the quote.

“Lurking around the bins at the back of a babrbers”

He is MrVaineTechnologies/C Fell/Lady at the Pier

Friendly Stranger
All right, and the Motown song?

Sherbet Head
PerniciousKnid wrote:Confirmed He is MrVaineTechnologies/C Fell/Lady at the Pier

LOL
LY
Last edited by Geogandhi on Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Friendly Stranger
Sorry saw it now

Sherbet Head
flyinthepool wrote:All right, and the Motown song?

That was it, It's motown in style not actually motown. Have a listen, good track and from a good album, think it's called soul sounds.
It'll be on YT, it's not obscure particularly. That was the clip with the beat and was a direct retort to Echelon on here asking for a fake with a beat and our conversation on why fakers don't attempt BoC beats.
Last edited by Geogandhi on Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Friendly Stranger
Geoghandi, Loves gone bad rocks! Dont recognise it though, have to go back and search for it. I liked the crazy bass solo and the subtle blink to A is to B as B is to C. Can I ask you how you sequence your music. i agree computers suck for musicmaking. Myself, I use a Electribe 2 for my Volcas.

Eagle Minded
flyinthepool wrote:I must admit I thought they were the real deal. Feel like a complete moron now. Cant believe I could think that. But anyway, I read the reddit-thread after the Rick Roll and you mentioned that you had sampled a Motown track. Have been curious about which song it was because I liked it so much. Could you point out the sample? Then we will also know that you are not another troll trolling us into that you are another troll lol.

I could tell right away it wasn’t them. People seem to think if the tape destruction element is the main focus then it must be them, when in reality, the old tapes sound that way because they only had older, cheaper gear. They have a certain way around notes and certain subtleties that no one can truly reproduce because we aren’t them. I understand this is all in good fun but, to me it was obvious it wasn’t them. Any of those fakes recently, the catherine thing had me laughing at one point ha that people so blindly sucked it all up

Friendly Stranger
Soul_Slip wrote:
flyinthepool wrote:I must admit I thought they were the real deal. Feel like a complete moron now. Cant believe I could think that. But anyway, I read the reddit-thread after the Rick Roll and you mentioned that you had sampled a Motown track. Have been curious about which song it was because I liked it so much. Could you point out the sample? Then we will also know that you are not another troll trolling us into that you are another troll lol.

I could tell right away it wasn’t them. People seem to think if the tape destruction element is the main focus then it must be them, when in reality, the old tapes sound that way because they only had older, cheaper gear. They have a certain way around notes and certain subtleties that no one can truly reproduce because we aren’t them. I understand this is all in good fun but, to me it was obvious it wasn’t them. Any of those fakes recently, the catherine thing had me laughing at one point ha that people so blindly sucked it all up

Im wasnt that impressed with the lofi sound even though I like it. But the precission in the details was what caught me. You cant fake that precision. or so I thought...

Posts Quantity
Back on track... MDG is still active...

Eagle Minded
Soul_Slip wrote:

yes, exactly, this.

Also their sound design is pretty notable, that's why I always get so confused when they are compared to Tycho

Sherbet Head
Exactly, it was never a real attempt at BoC, I have been vocal on here about how hard it would be to do it justice. But lets not get into lording it over others that wanted to follow it up, none of us are infallable.

Boqurant
@Geo. Fair play in fessing up, but there was no need. Mystery is a powerful thing, but I guess the Wizard of Oz reveal is also a good thing. In any event, all that stuff is weeks old.

Anyway, random tangent, my big fan fiction would be that BigJimmy12 is James Cauty (because in bollox half baked numerology Jimmy=James, 1+2=C), and Jimmy and Bill Drummond were arsing around, in league with BoC, and Kevin Shields, to drive the fandom nuts just for a laugh, because they need a break from taking 23 years each to make anything. Utter BS of course, but it amuses me to imagine it.

Posts Quantity
Maquarie Ridge video posted in the BOC IG page: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CE6vW6igIi ... ame=iossmf

I reported this page as spam a month ago and it’s still going strong. Not a 100% confirm bc I think IG is a bit like the Wild West, but it’s something.

Posts Quantity
Maquarie Ridge video posted in the BOC IG page: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CE6vW6igIi ... ame=iossmf

I reported this page as spam a month ago and it’s still going strong. Not a 100% confirm bc I think IG is a bit like the Wild West, but it’s something.

Sherbet Head
PerniciousKnid wrote:Back on track... MDG is still active...

Yes, and why I admitted it, glad that it's put to bed and we can concentrate on real shit. Woo!

Eagle Minded
writetomhatcher wrote:Wasn’t their twitter liking spree a sign they were there? Don’t they make it clear in their interviews that they are constantly making music, so much so that they don’t realize years have passed from a previous release? If their intention was to only wave at us, that would be laying it on pretty thick.

Yeah but despite all of the times they've said in interviews that they're always working on music and always will be, their long silences always lead to people claiming they're retired or getting annoyed at them for being silent.

Also with the all the fake shit recently, it might also be a message to say that anything real going down will be done through a channel that's confirmed as official.

That's what I said throughout all the Rick Roll stuff, yes BoC have done a few "mysterious" things and used hidden codes and stuff before but they have never strung out any ambiguity that it is them behind it when it is them. The mystery is always on solving the puzzle, it's never in working out whether it's actually BoC or not. If they do another ARG, I doubt we'll have to break our backs to confirm it's even them behind it before solving it.

Plus, to all those who think they wouldn't do something like this unless it's leading to something, two words: Red Moon.

Posts Quantity
writetomhatcher wrote:Maquarie Ridge video posted in the BOC IG page: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CE6vW6igIi ... ame=iossmf

Woah! Is this video something new yes!?

Sherbet Head
Absolutely Iron Mark, TH Arg started with a legit record. It was clear it was real from the get go and then the mystery lead from there.

Posts Quantity
This sound correct?

MDG is active on twoism shortly before the Hell Interface Pioneer Plaque appears...

MDG is active today on twoism and BoC IG Macquarie Ridge appears...

MDG is still active as of now.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada