GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
This is all so pleasing. I’ve enjoyed the last few weeks, even with the hoaxes. That was honestly a blast, I mean we are mostly cooped up inside anyways, hell my state is literally on fire right now, what else is there to do??

Eagle Minded
IronMark wrote:Plus, to all those who think they wouldn't do something like this unless it's leading to something, two words: Red Moon.

Could someone please explain "Red Moon" ?

Eagle Minded
Sorry my phone keeps posting twice : /

Posts Quantity
IronMark wrote:
writetomhatcher wrote:Wasn’t their twitter liking spree a sign they were there? Don’t they make it clear in their interviews that they are constantly making music, so much so that they don’t realize years have passed from a previous release? If their intention was to only wave at us, that would be laying it on pretty thick.

Yeah but despite all of the times they've said in interviews that they're always working on music and always will be, their long silences always lead to people claiming they're retired or getting annoyed at them for being silent.

Also with the all the fake shit recently, it might also be a message to say that anything real going down will be done through a channel that's confirmed as official.

That's what I said throughout all the Rick Roll stuff, yes BoC have done a few "mysterious" things and used hidden codes and stuff before but they have never strung out any ambiguity that it is them behind it when it is them. The mystery is always on solving the puzzle, it's never in working out whether it's actually BoC or not. If they do another ARG, I doubt we'll have to break our backs to confirm it's even them behind it before solving it.

Plus, to all those who think they wouldn't do something like this unless it's leading to something, two words: Red Moon.

Any X-Files fans in here?

“And a lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths”. - Deep Throat

I think we have the opposite going on here - The truth is most convincingly hidden between two lies...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boqurant
demo wrote:
IronMark wrote:Plus, to all those who think they wouldn't do something like this unless it's leading to something, two words: Red Moon.

Could someone please explain "Red Moon" ?

bocpages has all the answers you need

Posts Quantity
I still don't know why MDG would be online if this was all fake.
chronical wrote:Robots doing robot things

Friendly Stranger
Some observations: I googled Macquarie Ridge and that is some volcanic area in the sea outside New Zealand. On BoCs youtube page they have marked New Zealand as their location. Reacently this video came up on Youtube Bewl Bridge 1973 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu1VGTS6TOI&t=22s . There is a code with the video that someone cracked to "Its all under water". A coincidence?

Zephyr Method wrote:I still don't know why MDG would be online if this was all fake.

You're new here and so are a lot of the accounts posting on this topic currently, so I'll explain. ;)

MDG lurks from time to time in between albums.

I've practically been here a decade and can count a few million times I've seen his name online, but no post and no news.

The updates on their various accounts are real (because we see them) and very exciting (because it's been soooo long since Tomorrow's Harvest, so any update is wonderful to see), but pressing the update this far is a bit excessive.

Throughout my time here the only time news has come about is if Warp releases a press release, an actual release, and half the time the news finds its way here days after something has happened via a user who stumbles upon it anyhow (RE: ARG starting with users finding RSD releases, not via MDG, Warp, or Boards).

I'm actually surprised the RSD release was bought on RSD and not a few days after. However, the lore goes that Warp gave instructions to one of the clerks to "sell this," and so it was sold to the first person that walked through the door or something, right? So it was marketed from Warp to start right away.

Warp. Something from Warp is when we should generally get excited. They just announced an Autechre release so they have their hands full with that right now. Also, in my experience over the last decade, Warp doesn't typically release two heavy hitters within a close timeframe. Aphex Twin's Syro marketing campaign started a year after BOC's Tomorrow's Harvest campaign. Could that change? Yep. Warp's evolved over the last five years or so, so who knows..
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Eagle Minded
I'm not convinced we're in any way getting something new "soon", but any official update is exciting. Even if it's just a "we're still here", is great.

I think one of the weirdest things about this fandom is we're all, generally, compassionate people and even though we don't have any direct line to one of our favourite artists like other fandoms have. When we do get *something* it's usually quite huge and why things like fakes - albeit fun at times - get blown up so big. Our connection to the band comes from whatever these moresals of info we hope we can find.

Either way, as a human, I really hope the brothers and their families are making out ok during all of this. For me, I don't need details, but just to know they're all happy and healthy would be great. If that Hell Interface banner update is that confirmation, fantastic.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Eagle Minded
flyinthepool wrote:Some observations: I googled Macquarie Ridge and that is some volcanic area in the sea outside New Zealand. On BoCs youtube page they have marked New Zealand as their location. Reacently this video came up on Youtube Bewl Bridge 1973 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu1VGTS6TOI&t=22s . There is a code with the video that someone cracked to "Its all under water". A coincidence?

Something fishy is going on for sure!

Dayvan Cowboy
2020k wrote:
Warp. Something from Warp is when we should generally get excited...

Playing devil's advocate here, what if they release something on Skam instead? For some reason I get the impression that they might do something different this time.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
flyinthepool wrote:Some observations: I googled Macquarie Ridge and that is some volcanic area in the sea outside New Zealand. On BoCs youtube page they have marked New Zealand as their location. Reacently this video came up on Youtube Bewl Bridge 1973 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu1VGTS6TOI&t=22s . There is a code with the video that someone cracked to "Its all under water". A coincidence?

i don't see how this is related at all. but cool video nonetheless

drixlin wrote:I'm not convinced we're in any way getting something new "soon", but any official update is exciting. Even if it's just a "we're still here", is great.

I think one of the weirdest things about this fandom is we're all, generally, compassionate people and even though we don't have any direct line to one of our favourite artists like other fandoms have. When we do get *something* it's usually quite huge and why things like fakes - albeit fun at times - get blown up so big. Our connection to the band comes from whatever these moresals of info we hope we can find.

Either way, as a human, I really hope the brothers and their families are making out ok during all of this. For me, I don't need details, but just to know they're all happy and healthy would be great. If that Hell Interface banner update is that confirmation, fantastic.

very well said drixlin!
no information at this moment in time

Posts Quantity
In their A Bunker Full of Memories interview, the interviewer notes that they signed a contract with Warp for five LPs. Do we have any other confirmation of this? Would make sense for a Skam LP to only come out after the 5th Warp release in that case.

Eagle Minded
It's true that BoC's Youtube channel says New Zealand, what, why?

Eagle Minded
demo wrote:It's true that BoC's Youtube channel says New Zealand, what, why?

In interviews for Tomorrow's Harvest, they mentioned a few times that one or both of them had spent time living in NZ between TCH and TH so this is nothing new.

Dayvan Cowboy
demo wrote:It's true that BoC's Youtube channel says New Zealand, what, why?

"Marcus: We’re primarily based in Scotland, where we have a great studio, though we have done some writing and recording whilst living overseas, in the past few years. Some of the core ideas on this album were put down in New Zealand."

Boqurant
Soul_Slip wrote:What if, with the new banner change, it is signaling something different entirely... what if we get a full length Hell Interface album... i would very much be into that..

I agree with this. Unconditionally.
+++++++++++++++++++++
bandcamp

Dayvan Cowboy
Fucked up times call for Hell Interface, not BOC. We got a friendly warning from the mild mannered BOC in 2013, perhaps now we will get the interface to their own definition of Hell ;)

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:Fucked up times call for Hell Interface, not BOC. We got a friendly warning from the mild mannered BOC in 2013, perhaps now we will get the interface to their own definition of Hell ;)

That hurts more than the countless fakes because this would be perfect.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Eagle Minded
Since I posted on another topic, they seem to be hanging around NZ at least from 2007 or so. Back then their myspace specified that, I dunno if they live there or not but I really don't care.

be patient guys.

see ya
Last edited by Green Pylon on Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Telephasic Workshop

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada