GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
Oh noooo. I go away for a few days and literally all hell (interface) breaks loose.

However, having said that, and in light of recent events, it does make sense for the brothers (and Hexagon Sun) to produce a signal to the noise, even if it's changing a header. Despite everything, they know we are watching. Waiting. Listening. Hell, even keeping tabs when MDG comes online...

Marcus said "The hexagon theme represents that whole idea of being able to see reality for what it is, the raw maths or patterns that make everything." The signal of the hand of the man in the Pioneer plaque is raised as a gesture of good will, and that's how I'm interpreting this. It's a gesture of good will, to us, revealing the reality of the moment: a signal to the noise.

Is there more to come? Likely. But. Like Mexi and 2020k said, it's bollocks, and Warp would have to be involved in *any* new Boards release. I'm not going down the rabbit hole again unless it's official.

New Seed
so the author of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu1VGTS6TOI&t=22s this video just favorited a replier that said "orange"? really feels too on the nose to me to be legit but yeah who knows

Boqurant
devl wrote:so the author of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu1VGTS6TOI&t=22s this video just favorited a replier that said "orange"? really feels too on the nose to me to be legit but yeah who knows

Cool vid and aesthetic for sure, seems like a fan getting into the hype of possible movement on the BoC side of things. Not really getting a hoax vibe from this but doesn't seem official either. All roads are pointing to Hell Interface being the current source for any future clues or updates.

At the end of the day, who knows?
------ / ------ / ------ / XXXXXX / ------ / ------

Posts Quantity
The HQ upload of Killing Joke - Unspeakable Demo on Youtube is gone now.

I don't know of any other place to find this online.

Boqurant
Okay not to contradict what I just said, but I looked a little further into it.
So this video surfaces before the banner change for the Hell Interface channel on September 7th, and the user "Lukas" created his account and uploaded August 30th.

User Lukas then posts the coordinates to the middle of nowhere in the South Pacific Ocean, off the coast of New Zealand after the Macquarie Ridge vid went live on IG, September 9th, around 14 hours ago.
52° 47' 17.8" S 160° 9' 28.6" E

I looked up Bewl Bridge which lead me to the "River Bewl" and "Bewl Water" saying that a dam was constructed between 1973 and 1975. Doesn't seem to have much to do with anything. However, not to send anyone on a wild goose chase, but has anyone looked into the numbered code in the description bar?

18 5 20 1 23 - 18 5 4 14 21 - 12 12 1 - 19 20 9

I tried a simple A1Z26 cipher and it's just gibberish.

retawrednullasti

Thoughts anyone? Potentially nothing, but figured I had nothing better to do.

Eagle Minded
seaburn wrote:The official Boards of Canada YouTube channel also updated the Tomorrow's Harvest playlist 3 days ago, one day prior to the discovery of the Hell Interface channel update & MDK's login:

I know it's probably nothing, but I wanted to point it out, since the strange Skam stuff is aligning with the strange BoC stuff.
Seems that both BoC and Skam are very active right now.

Eagle Minded
happy_cycling wrote:Okay not to contradict what I just said, but I looked a little further into it.
So this video surfaces before the banner change for the Hell Interface channel on September 7th, and the user "Lukas" created his account and uploaded August 30th.

User Lukas then posts the coordinates to the middle of nowhere in the South Pacific Ocean, off the coast of New Zealand after the Macquarie Ridge vid went live on IG, September 9th, around 14 hours ago.

I looked up Bewl Bridge which lead me to the "River Bewl" and "Bewl Water" saying that a dam was constructed between 1973 and 1975. Doesn't seem to have much to do with anything. However, not to send anyone on a wild goose chase, but has anyone looked into the numbered code in the description bar?

retawrednullasti

Before anyone goes down this rabbit hole can we please find the souce of this video and how it is tied in any way to BoC??? "It was posted to Reddit by a random user" doesnt seem like a good enough reason to tie this in with BoC.
(sorry for the double post)

Boqurant
Yeah, looked into the Reddit, seems unrelated. I'll keep my Pepe Silvia style speculation to myself in the future, doesn't do any of us any favors. I'm new.

Sorry about that.

Eagle Minded
happy_cycling wrote:Yeah, looked into the Reddit, seems unrelated. I'll keep my Pepe Silvia style speculation to myself in the future, doesn't do any of us any favors. I'm new.

Sorry about that.

Please dont apologise

You are allowed to speculate, you're allowed to be excited, you're allowed to get your hopes up, you're human, all of these things are decisions you make. I'm kind of sick of the negativity with some of the BoC fans, I understand that the Catherine Fell stuff bit some of you pretty hard, but going down that particular rabbit hole was a decision you all made, it's the choice to believe in something, and there is nothing wrong with that!

I want to see people speculating, I want to see people getting excited, seems like we're all going through this big "misinformation" thing right now, but I hope that people know that the decision to believe in something is a choice.

I guess my point is, not everything needs a (wildlife) analysis.... but also, the Devil is in the details.

Sherbet Head
I'm so sorry people! haha

Like I said, I think it's healthy and amazing what the mind can create if they want it enough, you can literally link any two random things suggested to you if you try hard enough. So go at it, it's fun but just be aware that there is no BoC at the end, just your own game.
Regarding that Bewl stuff at least.

Nice to see some movement behind the scenes with BoC though, who knows what it means, if anything. Could just be routine internet cleaning.
You could feel the bullshit

Eagle Minded
Watch me pull this comparrison out of thin air, lol

Who designed the _Twoism logo?

Boqurant
happy_cycling wrote:Okay not to contradict what I just said, but I looked a little further into it.

retawrednullasti

That says Its all under water backwards

Wild goose chase though. Lets not do this again.

Friendly Stranger

retawrednullasti

Yeah, you were on the right track, just forgot to read it backwards! If I got it right Bewl was a town in England that had "to move" in the 70s because of the building of a dam made for watersupply. Apparently some of the houses were left there so it is a bit like an underwater ghost town. Wonder if the pictures in the video is from the area that is now under water?

Just saw that this was uploaded yesterday with some pictures. Probably just a coincidence but interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=momKdowGypg
Last edited by flyinthepool on Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:01 am, edited 4 times in total.

Eagle Minded
One thing I cant shake about this random video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu1VGTS6TOI

19 hours ago BoC posted Macquarie Ridge to their ig, 16 hours ago that channel posted 52° 47' 17.8" S 160° 9' 28.6" E in the comment section of the Bewl Bridge video. Sure, that may be posted AFTER BoC posted the Macquarie Ridge video. But what I cant now understand is this....

The Bewl Bridge video was uploaded on August 30th, nearly two weeks ago, and what you're now saying it the code in the description of that video 18 5 20 1 23 - 18 5 4 14 21 - 12 12 1 - 19 20 9 translates to "retawrednullasti" which backwards is "Its all under water"..... which as we know, Macquarie Ridge IS under water. So that would then lead me to believe this video actually had hindsight about BoC's post on instagram nearly 2 weeks prior.

(also, the pfp of that channel seems to have "MASK" written on it, which could lead us back to "Skam/Amsk")

Boqurant
demo wrote:One thing I cant shake about this random video

19 hours ago BoC posted Macquarie Ridge to their ig, 16 hours ago that channel posted 52° 47' 17.8" S 160° 9' 28.6" E in the comment section of the Bewl Bridge video. Sure, that may be posted AFTER BoC posted the Macquarie Ridge video. But what I cant now understand is this....

The Bewl Bridge video was uploaded on August 30th, nearly two weeks ago, and what you're now saying it the code in the description of that video 18 5 20 1 23 - 18 5 4 14 21 - 12 12 1 - 19 20 9 translates to "retawrednullasti" which backwards is "Its all under water"..... which as we know, Macquarie Ridge IS under water. So that would then lead me to believe this video actually had hindsight about BoC's post on instagram nearly 2 weeks prior.

(also, the pfp of that channel seems to have "MASK" written on it, which could lead us back to "Skam/Amsk")

Okay, so either this is one HUGE coincidence or this user "Lukas" and this might be somewhat legit. Especially when the video is referencing a town that since 1973 has been submerged underwater. Also, we are all just assuming that Hell Interface is going to be the source of new info, and it would be pretty easy to discredit some random Reddit post. I mean a possible anagram of SKAM is also a detail that can't be overlooked because their 5 Album deal with Warp ended after TH. You make a hell of a point, Demo.

I wouldn't let this go just yet.

Eagle Minded
happy_cycling wrote:

Okay, so either this is one HUGE coincidence or this user "Lukas" and this might be somewhat legit. Especially when the video is referencing a town that since 1973 has been submerged underwater. Also, we are all just assuming that Hell Interface is going to be the source of new info, and it would be pretty easy to discredit some random Reddit post. I mean a possible anagram of SKAM is also a detail that can't be overlooked because their 5 Album deal with Warp ended after TH. You make a hell of a point, Demo.

For anyone wondering, this was the original post
https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada ... idge_1973/
https://www.reddit.com/user/SkunkRoc/

The user joined reddit the same day the video was uploaded.

No other posts.

(also, may I just say that the music/sounds from that video sound quite BoC to me. I didn't fall for any of the Catherine Fell stuff, I think it all sounded quite un-baords like. Where as this... hmmmm I'm not as sure. This is purely based off of my own ears, I dont think it does much good to speculate on the sound of it, but I felt it has that BoC quality the Catherine Fell stuff was missing.)
Last edited by demo on Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Boqurant
Are we certain the IG account is legit?

Regardless, it is interesting, but I only see a scam (not skam) ahead.

Eagle Minded
vonS wrote:Are we certain the IG account is legit?

Regardless, it is interesting, but I only see a scam (not skam) ahead.

I personally feel that the instagram is legit, they have a history for giving fan videos recognition. We also know that they are quite active online at the moment with the banner change (and some twitter stuff a few months ago right?). Call this, the "BoC is online" theory.

Boqurant
demo wrote:
happy_cycling wrote:

For anyone wondering, this was the original post
https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada ... idge_1973/
https://www.reddit.com/user/SkunkRoc/

The user joined reddit the same day the video was uploaded.

No other posts.

(also, may I just say that the music/sounds from that video sound quite BoC to me. I didn't fall for any of the Catherine Fell stuff, I think it all sounded quite un-baords like. Where as this... hmmmm I'm not as sure. This is purely based off of my own ears, I dont think it does much good to speculate on the sound of it, but I felt it has that BoC quality the Catherine Fell stuff was missing.)

the music in that video doesn't sound like boc in terms of melodies and structures. also, it sounds so digital it hurts.
source: i'm a musician and i know this stuff.

Friendly Stranger
I think this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but about Lukas: The audio sounds like a sample put through Paulstretch, I can't imagine Boards actually using that technique. I think this is all a coincidence - if it was related to the instagram account, the coordinates would have been posted before.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada