GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
paradiseb wrote:I think this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but about Lukas: The audio sounds like a sample put through Paulstretch, I can't imagine Boards actually using that technique. I think this is all a coincidence - if it was related to the instagram account, the coordinates would have been posted before.

Maybe the coordinates where posted a couple of hours after it to try and authenticate it as a BoC relation since that was the one thing people where begging to know

Posts Quantity
happy_cycling wrote:
demo wrote:...because their 5 Album deal with Warp ended after TH.

If MHTRTC is LP1, that makes TH LP4. By all accounting, they should have one more Warp LP coming down the pike. Still, would be great to get some other sort of confirmation about there being 5 LPs besides the A Bunker Full of Memories interview (see first question).

Eagle Minded
Please, let's not do this again.

Eagle Minded
happy_cycling wrote:Wait, so the pfp has MASK written on it?

bungler666 wrote:Please, let's not do this again.

You don't have to, but it seems some of us want to. I didnt participate in The Catherine Fell stuff so I really don't mind.

Boqurant
writetomhatcher wrote:
happy_cycling wrote:
demo wrote:...because their 5 Album deal with Warp ended after TH.

If MHTRTC is LP1, that makes TH LP4. By all accounting, they should have one more Warp LP coming down the pike. Still, would be great to get some other sort of confirmation about there being 5 LPs besides the A Bunker Full of Memories interview (see first question).

Ah, you're right. My mistake! Yeah, I'm sure they're working on something, plus Societas X Tape was pretty recent.
------ / ------ / ------ / XXXXXX / ------ / ------

Eagle Minded
The Lukas stuff sounds like they’re trying way too hard to mimic BoC.. 70s footage? Warbly sounds? Children counting? Come on.. not going to “Fell” for this again..

Posts Quantity
Helios wrote:The Lukas stuff sounds like they’re trying way too hard to mimic BoC.. 70s footage? Warbly sounds? Children counting? Come on.. not going to “Fell” for this again..
Another new fake...
https://youtu.be/bBsSTACzDeQ

“Fell” Same here: it’s just another bigjimmy12 hoaxer who’s MOST LIKELY lurking in here as well for relevant information and topics to build off of...

Except his balls aren’t as big as BJ12 or Geo - he turned off the comments for the new one - must not like the heat the got in the first one...

Currently listening to “You a Could Feel the Sky” (Reversed) woah... Now THAT’S Boards of Canada!

https://youtu.be/Qs3rWT1KZYg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagle Minded
PerniciousKnid wrote:
Helios wrote:The Lukas stuff sounds like they’re trying way too hard to mimic BoC.. 70s footage? Warbly sounds? Children counting? Come on.. not going to “Fell” for this again..
Another new fake...

“Fell” Same here: it’s just another bigjimmy12 hoaxer who’s MOST LIKELY lurking in here as well for relevant information and topics to build off of...

Except his balls aren’t as big as BJ12 or Geo - he turned off the comments for the new one - must not like the heat the got in the first one...

Currently listening to “You a Could Feel the Sky” (Reversed) woah... Now THAT’S Boards of Canada!

Yep, that new video smells of fake

Boqurant
PerniciousKnid wrote:
Another new fake...

How do you find all these?

Posts Quantity
How do you find all these?[/quote]

The early bird catches the worm (at least for me here in Texas - 7AM CST).

I just wake up revisit all the pages from the day before looking for changes (during my morning coffee and cigarette) and then document the changes.

I personally think documenting dates and times of changes and uploads can help reveal a picture of how all players and events relate to one another.

Simple “detective 101” work I would assume...

[Insert the new BoC Conspiracy man gif meme here]

Boqurant
Lukas has posted two new videos on youtube:

https://youtu.be/aZ9ap9-1M04

Friendly Stranger
I think the most important thing to remember is that Warp is focused on promoting Autechre right now. I can’t recall a time where they had two simultaneously big marketing campaigns going at once. If Ae is start of Q4 2020, I would imagine BoC wouldn’t be any earlier than Q1 2021.

Posts Quantity
I’ve also got a masters in ethnomusicology with a minor in music theory and composition. I rebelled against my classical training the day I walked into the experimental music department and that got me hooked on BoC.

All of us BoC fans who are also practicing musicians (either consciously or subconsciously) take elements and ideas from BoC to enhance our own personal projects to various degrees.

Some might even think the ultimate achievement would be to make a BoC track that could ultimately pass for BoC.

I think that’s what’s going on here.

With the added hype and years of known hoaxes, I could see why several would say I’m going to give it a shot myself. And it feeds itself.

Hoaxes on top of hoaxes - each one trying to out do the last in some small way.

As a musician (or any artist or trade) you learn from artists of the past, you admire their work, you learn the concepts, you take, you steal, you manipulate.

My composition teacher always said “a good musician has one foot in the past, to know where we’ve came and how we got to this point - and the other foot looking towards the future, to figure out where the future of music is to go by standing on the shoulders of the past”...

That concept - leads me to think it’s not going to be anything Hell Interface.

It will be new Boards of Canada (at some unknown point in the future) BoC won’t look back that blatantly. Their knowledge must have advanced so much as musicians, sound designers and thinkers. And we’ve all grown so much. Times change, tastes changes, outlooks changes.

That was then. This is now. There is no looking back there is only what’s to come.

Watch out for more fakes. None from me.

Check out Pernicious Knid on YouTube or anywhere if you want to hear my music. You’ll find the BoC influence in my projects as well...

My two cents...

Sherbet Head
Really fun that someone else is having a go, unfortunately, it still doesn't sound right ;)
You could feel the bullshit

Boqurant
PerniciousKnid wrote:How do you find all these?

The early bird catches the worm (at least for me here in Texas - 7AM CST).

I just wake up revisit all the pages from the day before looking for changes (during my morning coffee and cigarette) and then document the changes.

I personally think documenting dates and times of changes and uploads can help reveal a picture of how all players and events relate to one another.

Simple “detective 101” work I would assume...

[Insert the new BoC Conspiracy man gif meme here]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Lol. Im in Singapore and totally get you. When I wake up, the Brits are in bed and the Americans are winding down. Being on the fringe of time zones, you totally get a sense of who posts what and when.

[tinfoil hat at the ready]

Friendly Stranger
karpeggi wrote:Lukas has posted two new videos on youtube:

https://youtu.be/aZ9ap9-1M04

Lukas' videos appear to be progressively less 'BoC' with each release.

Posts Quantity
demo wrote:
happy_cycling wrote:Wait, so the pfp has MASK written on it?

bungler666 wrote:Please, let's not do this again.

You don't have to, but it seems some of us want to. I didnt participate in The Catherine Fell stuff so I really don't mind.

Now I remember where I saw this image. If you look closely, you can make out the word "Flask". I swear to everyone, I saw Soul Flask put this same exact image up as his twitter avatar last week.

Lukas could be Soul Flask.

Posts Quantity
Definitely. I just saw that now that someone posted the large image. He’s deleted all those reddit posts and has disappeared from the Facebook group lately. He released a derivative album recently and has people at igloo magazine hyping it up. Could be all related.

But let me put the tinfoil hat on: there are five hash marks in the middle of the pyramid (LP5?), and the letters could say MASK (or SKAM?).

But judging from the low quality of the image—feels thrown together and nowhere near the theme set by the Hell Interface and Atalanta Fugiens YouTube avatars.

Posts Quantity
Wish I could pull proper evidence, I even checked if it was cached somehow using Wayback Machine, but I know I saw it on Twitter at some point in the last week, and now it's been changed. I don't see MASK, the spacing doesn't make sense for the font. I see FLASK.

Posts Quantity
I see that for sure. Looks like the five hash marks are each a different color, I’d imagine to match the themes of each BOC album I dunno, this is a death blow for his brand if he is really trying to tie his ethos to BOC

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada