GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Geogandhi wrote:Oh and I knew it was Sl flsk, you posted that Bewl stuff on reddit just after I wrapped up the last one, with all the jokes about man in the red shirt too. Just before I shut my account down. I wasn't going to say anything, let you have some fun innit. ;)

It was great fun yeah. It really makes for a great experiment really. The connections people make in their minds. I for one am guilty of losing myself down the rabbit hole. Especially when society x tape was released and I was over doing things shall we say. Like that all seeing eye pyramid thing with the 5 lines. All that was, was :-

S
OUL
FLASK

But the 5 lines on the second row and someone thinking it could mean the announcement of the 5th album! Hahaha, that one blew my mind. But hey, perhaps it does announce the release of the 5th album and even I am unaware of it. Maybe BoC announce this album... Telepathically.

Posts Quantity
So what happened?
chronical wrote:Robots doing robot things

Posts Quantity
Sl Flk wrote:But the 5 lines on the second row and someone thinking it could mean the announcement of the 5th album! Hahaha, that one blew my mind.

I didn't think it could mean an announcement--I pointed out there were five marks with five different colors. My post: "I see that for sure. Looks like the five hash marks are each a different color, I’d imagine to match the themes of each BOC album I dunno, this is a death blow for his brand if he is really trying to tie his ethos to BOC." But, anyways, good luck promoting your new music.

Eagle Minded
Speaking of 5th album, anyone notice that BoC now have 1 track from each of their 4 albums on instagram? I wonder what the 5th upload will be...

Dayvan Cowboy
demo wrote:Speaking of 5th album, anyone notice that BoC now have 1 track from each of their 4 albums on instagram? I wonder what the 5th upload will be...

Who really knows. The idea for the continuation of TH was right at the start after the release. When people noticing AUG-22 in the cosecha site. At least I was hoping for an EP. But it never happened. So after time I moved from TH related album to complete something new. For example TCH part 2.But more heavy handed if you I can say that. A light album after a bad trip.

Boqurant
This stopped being about new release speculation a few days back. I think this sort of discussion belongs in a different thread entirely now.

Posts Quantity
demo wrote:Speaking of 5th album, anyone notice that BoC now have 1 track from each of their 4 albums on instagram? I wonder what the 5th upload will be...
Awesome - This is the type of speculation I like to see...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagle Minded
writetomhatcher wrote:
Sl Flk wrote:But the 5 lines on the second row and someone thinking it could mean the announcement of the 5th album! Hahaha, that one blew my mind.

I didn't think it could mean an announcement--I pointed out there were five marks with five different colors. My post: "I see that for sure. Looks like the five hash marks are each a different color, I’d imagine to match the themes of each BOC album I dunno, this is a death blow for his brand if he is really trying to tie his ethos to BOC." But, anyways, good luck promoting your new music.

Why the hostility Tom? I'm not trying to sell a brand to anyone. I couldn't honestly care if people buy, like or hate the music I make. That really isn't why I've made music for the past 20 years anyway. If no one has listened for the last 20 years, you think I'm going to care if people do or don't now? I like all sorts of things. I fish, I keep ants, I work and play. I enjoy cycling and now and then I make some music now and again. I also love practical jokes. :) Anyway. Take care Tom. I know you didn't fall for it. I wasn't expecting anyone to fall for it really. No hard feelings.

Posts Quantity
Guys. There is no use at all in getting mad and offended about this.

The best thing we can do is just laugh and have fun. It's better than inactivity! So let's just laugh, have fun, and solve some puzzles. Keeps you occupied, think about that. ;)

Posts Quantity
So on IG BoC clapped for this comment by Andy.j.thatcher - any idea what it means?

Apparently it’s the first public comment by BoC in 7 years? Is that correct?

Andy, are you in here?

Posts Quantity
PerniciousKnid wrote:So on IG BoC clapped for this comment by Andy.j.thatcher - any idea what it means?

Andy, are you in here?

There was a LOTTT of talk about that. Nobody could come to any conclusions except that it "must not be BoC, must be warp operating their account for them".

Posts Quantity
Sl Flk wrote:No hard feelings.

It did seem like you tried to put words in my mouth--which nobody likes--so I set the record straight. I remember chatting with you a while back about just being honest in promoting your music on the Facebook page (when you posted "could this be the new BOC?"), so now, after this hoax, you come off as a repeat offender. I think it's fair to let the community know about this.

Posts Quantity
Zephyr Method wrote:There was a LOTTT of talk about that. Nobody could come to any conclusions except that it "must not be BoC, must be warp operating their account for them".

Yeah, so IG is not confirmed as an official account correct?

It’s weird Warp doesn’t follow them but Bleep does... If Warp doesn’t follow them - why would Warp operate the account? Unless they want it that way...

Eagle Minded
PerniciousKnid wrote:
Zephyr Method wrote:There was a LOTTT of talk about that. Nobody could come to any conclusions except that it "must not be BoC, must be warp operating their account for them".

It’s weird Warp doesn’t follow them but Bleep does... If Warp doesn’t follow them - why would Warp operate the account? Unless they want it that way...

Why exactly does Warp HAVE to follow them for it to be official? Bleep is Warp enough for me to believe.

Eagle Minded
writetomhatcher wrote:
Sl Flk wrote:No hard feelings.

It did seem like you tried to put words in my mouth--which nobody likes--so I set the record straight. I remember chatting with you a while back about just being honest in promoting your music on the Facebook page (when you posted "could this be the new BOC?"), so now, after this hoax, you come off as a repeat offender. I think it's fair to let the community know about this.

I also think it's fair that when I posted "Could this be the new BoC?" It was referring to the OST release. Which I really enjoyed. I'm not doing anything that people haven't been doing for the last 20 years.

Posts Quantity
PerniciousKnid wrote:

It's been mentioned before, but PIC (Peter Iain Campbell) also follows the account.

It'd be great to get verification one way or another, but the fact that it's still up makes me think it is official...

Posts Quantity
Zephyr Method wrote:
PerniciousKnid wrote:So on IG BoC clapped for this comment by Andy.j.thatcher - any idea what it means?

Andy, are you in here?

There was a LOTTT of talk about that. Nobody could come to any conclusions except that it "must not be BoC, must be warp operating their account for them".
A bit of research and I think I might have answered my own question. What do y’all think?

“Toynbee idea: resurrect dead”

Arnold J. Toynbee

From wiki:

Arnold J. Toynbee

British historian, a philosopher of history, an author of numerous books and a research professor of international history at the London School of Economics and King's College in the University of London.

Canadian historians were especially receptive to Toynbee's work in the late 1940s. The Canadian economic historian Harold Adams Innis (1894–1952) was a notable example. Following Toynbee and others (Spengler, Kroeber, Sorokin, Cochrane), Innis examined the flourishing of civilisations in terms of administration of empires and media of communication.[12]

Toynbee's overall theory was taken up by some scholars, for example, Ernst Robert Curtius, as a sort of paradigm in the post-war period. Curtius wrote as follows in the opening pages of European Literature and the Latin Middle Ages (1953 English translation), following close on Toynbee, as he sets the stage for his vast study of medieval Latin literature. Curtius wrote, "How do cultures, and the historical entities which are their media, arise, grow and decay? Only a comparative morphology with exact procedures can hope to answer these questions. It was Arnold J. Toynbee who undertook the task."[13]

Posts Quantity
Well Arnold J. Toynbee lead my to Ray Bradbury and lead me to a different perspective on Ray Bradbury.

I think this is what the comment meant. This is why BoC clapped. READ IT! It is Tomorrow’s Harvest.

https://kwarc.info/teaching/TDM/Bradbury.pdf

“The Toynbee Convector”
Ray Bradbury

Posts Quantity
PerniciousKnid wrote:Well Arnold J. Toynbee lead my to Ray Bradbury and lead me to a different perspective on Ray Bradbury.

I think this is what the comment meant. This is why BoC clapped. READ IT! It is Tomorrow’s Harvest.

https://kwarc.info/teaching/TDM/Bradbury.pdf

“The Toynbee Convector”
Ray Bradbury

That’s why BoC clapped for Andy.j.thatcher

He was well read enough to understand the connection in themes between Bradbury and Tomorrow’s Harvest and (speculation) as a possible catalyst for the ideas of Tomorrow’s Harvest?

If so, that would only add to the speculation that IG is a BoC account.

Dayvan Cowboy

Slightly hyped about this. I know I shouldn't be but...you never know. ;)

So for those us who don't use Instagram, what are the four tracks? And are they in order of the albums?
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada