Post-WXAXRXP Societas X Tape Tracklist & Discussion

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
Moz. Your contributions to the BoC world are most appreciated. That goes for the rest of you, too. Excellent work!

Sherbet Head
Moz wrote:
bungler666 wrote:Cool!
How did you find these?

BCO track was found by BloostMedia https://www.youtube.com/@BloostMedia

I found the Le Gun using https://audiotag.info/. Both of those are on the same label Lost Frog Productions, adjacent cat numbers lf063 and lf064. We checked other unids on audiotag as well but no luck so far.

What I found interesting is that these follow a game of "Associations" as well. BCO track is off an album called Things Fall Down. Track before is about Challenger disaster. Track after it is by Fausto Papetti which is possibly a reference to the inventor Faust Vrancic famous for constructing a first parachute.
Want To Sleep? is off a space themed album which includes documentary samples referring to rockets and early space programme.

I noticed it before but now I am convinced that there is a pioneer undercurrent throughout this mix.

This is absolutely excellent, thank you for your work!

Eagle Minded
Many thanks! I love exploring music on the net and digging for records, plus their taste is so impeccable the mix just switches every possible switch in my head :lol: Sxt always felt like another boc album to me.

Spoiler: show
plus I want every little bit of this to be found so we could finally get lp5

Dayvan Cowboy
Great finds!

Is it weird that the missing thing I'm most interested in seeing/hearing in full is the car rental ad? I've searched YouTube (using FIlmot) for every combination of those words to no luck...

Eagle Minded
If anyone manages to find the unknown electronic song (tracker sounding one) I'll be the happiest person alive!

bungler666 wrote:If anyone manages to find the unknown electronic song (tracker sounding one) I'll be the happiest person alive!

Is it U1 you are referring to?

Recently there is a new list on the wiki with the missing items. Sleuths needed!

Posts Quantity
Nice Moz!

Thank you :)

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada