Confess your BoC sins - what tracks do you always skip?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
babylulu wrote:Music For Pylons

MFP was my Jam. Really got me thinking about pylons and how they communicate in a way and also realised how they cause a blight on the landscape. I find them fascinating though and have many pylon photos!

Eagle Minded
i think the why? - good friday remix is maybe the worst thing boc's ever done
ridiculous lyrics. boc shouldn't have touched that SHITE track
yes, i would love to be free!

Sherbet Head
I like it, But that's the type of shit I won't admit to my head shrinker

Eagle Minded
babylulu wrote:
NorthSaturnian wrote:i think the why? - good friday remix is maybe the worst thing boc's ever done
ridiculous lyrics. boc shouldn't have touched that SHITE track

man the instrumental is so good though lol

oh totally, that synth during the middle of the track is just heavenly. but the lyrics just ruin it for me :( , just personal taste though

Sherbet Head
Is there an instrumental version or at least a vocal removed version anywhere?

Dayvan Cowboy
9 x outta 10 I'll skip Dayvan Cowboy.
My debut Sweguno EP 'Adapteras' is available here: https://atavisticspasmrecords.bandcamp. ... apteras-ep

Sherbet Head
Yes Dayvan got done to death by 2007. Honestly I skip most of old tunes 1 and 2 and 35TT

I've had telephasic workshop and turquoise hexagon sun on repeat for weeks though.

I can understand why the bros were gutted about the old tunes leaks. I'm sure many tracks were cutting edge production at the time and many still are very very well made tunes but let's face it, there is a lot of shite in there

Eagle Minded
Goiter Sanchez wrote:9 x outta 10 I'll skip Dayvan Cowboy.

This, along with the Odd Nosdam remix.

Trans Canada Highway becomes a very short (but exceptionally good) EP once I'm done with it. :lol:

Eagle Minded
Goiter Sanchez wrote:9 x outta 10 I'll skip Dayvan Cowboy.

Same here. The drums coming in with the over-the-top delay just gives me an irk that I can't really explain.

Though I do like to go back and watch the skydiving from space music vid

Sherbet Head
To be fair when I first heard dayvan it was the most epic anthem I'd heard in years! I just overplayed it and the fact it featured on their next EP after being on their last LP irked me slightly.

I still appreciate it in moderation. It's a very well put together peice of music

A Dayvan skip makes sense for anyone posting here with a higher post count than 25. It's their signature song and hardcore fans in most fanbases tend to focus on deeper listens.

There's more than enough casual BOC fans streaming it to make up for us choosing to loop Magic Window on an endless loop instead. ;-)

Speaking of, ironically, if I'm listening to Geogaddi top to bottom I don't tend to skip Magic Window. Bonus points if From One Source All Things Depend jumpscares me after it.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Eagle Minded
2020k wrote:A Dayvan skip makes sense for anyone posting here with a higher post count than 25. It's their signature song and hardcore fans in most fanbases tend to focus on deeper listens.

I feel the same way about EYDIAB. back when i first discovered boc, i developed a habit of listening to that track every single morning, every single day. i think i got sick of it after around 1 year of waking up to that track :lol:

omg no!

Dayvan Cowboy
2020k wrote:A Dayvan skip makes sense for anyone posting here with a higher post count than 25. It's their signature song and hardcore fans in most fanbases tend to focus on deeper listens.

There's more than enough casual BOC fans streaming it to make up for us choosing to loop Magic Window on an endless loop instead. ;-)

Speaking of, ironically, if I'm listening to Geogaddi top to bottom I don't tend to skip Magic Window. Bonus points if From One Source All Things Depend jumpscares me after it.
Most ironic is that, by that logic, the people here labeled "Dayvan Cowboy" are most likely to skip "Dayvan Cowboy" :lol:

... or not. There tends to be a bell curve with an artist's most popular/accessible song in correlation to hardcore fans' appreciation for it. One of the first NIN songs I heard was "Closer", and while I've deep-dived their music and found other favorites, I can still see what made "Closer" so great. Contrastingly, I still do not care for "Friday, I'm in Love" and think "Every Breath you Take" makes The Police sound bland as f*%@ compared to essentially any other song they've made.

Back on topic: I usually skip "Oscar See Through Red Eye"; It just feels like one of their messiest or most "all over the place" tracks.

How is it that BoC threw in almost 2 minutes of pure silence at the end of an album just for the hell of it and still made it thematically fit and not worth skipping?
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Posts Quantity
I always skip the ones from their new album. For some reason I cannot listen to them.

The Spaniard wrote:I always skip the ones from their new album. For some reason I cannot listen to them.

it took me a couple of years to appreciate TH from start to finish. New Seeds is the only one that feels grating to me now, but I still appreciate it and think that it might suffer from being too far down the tracklist more than anything.

It wasn't until things started going haywire in my life and in the world that I understood how melancholic and reflective the album is. It's their most serious and mature album, and those types of albums aren't always easy listens.

New Seed
dayvan cowboy for me as well. the tune just feels very big and dramatic in a way that doesn't fit the mood of the album. it's this long build up to Epic Riff with Cinema Strings that takes me out of the hazy dreaminess the album has built up in the tracks that precede it. i think the production is amazing but yeah it's the only BOC tune i skip almost every time.

Eagle Minded
I never skip Dayvan in The Campfire Headphase, but I do usually start Trans Canada Highway with Left Side Drive...

Its a toss up whether I sit through Magic Window or not, but I for sure never wait for From One Source All Things Depend. Can't stand the vocals lol

"ThE lOrD iS mY SheParD."

Kind of ruins the the tone Corsair leaves behind.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Sherbet Head
Can't say I've ever listened to the Japanese release of Geo, But I can't imagine Corsair not being the final music on that album.
I compare Corsair to Semena Mertvykh as I'm sure many do and for a short time Semena beat Corsair for me as the ultimate finishing move.. But Corsair took me over once again, It is the ultimate finisher

New Seed
I always skip The Color of the Fire. I find it too creepy.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada