GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Actually you’re probably right, tonx.

Posts Quantity
Now I'm hoping for an official, international film by Boards of Canada.

Boqurant
Master for LP5.
vLG = 627 +- 22 km/s >>> L =276° +- 3: b = 30° +- 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npq_yb-xLmw

Friendly Stranger
It doesn't make sense to me why Mike would go solo like this (they are a BAND after all), and if he did, why he would add 'official' to his account name? The posted reels have been uploaded after those by the BoC insta account (except one which is unique). Now, if the BoC account would show similar activity after that of mikesandisonoff* then I would take this seriously, or perhaps if the account got verified. Just in case, I reported the account as possibly fake, impersonating BoC but I don't know if that works. My guess is that somebody wants to impersonate someone else to feel more important.

The picture looks like an Ampex indeed! The north pole of Saturn would be a cool BoC LP5 design though! #hexagon
“If you can’t laugh at life, it just isn’t funny anymore.” (Wavy Gravy quoted by Sasha in PiHKAL: https://isomerdesign.com/PiHKAL/read.php?id=64)

Eagle Minded
They seem to have broken the timing of their posts. Shouldn't they made a post a three weeks ago based off of the recent cadence they've established over the last 6 months? Quiet before the storm? Does this make anyone more likely to believe that the Mike Sandison account is real, especially considering the picture that was posted?

Sherbet Head
sund0wn wrote:It doesn't make sense to me why Mike would go solo like this (they are a BAND after all), and if he did, why he would add 'official' to his account name? The posted reels have been uploaded after those by the BoC insta account (except one which is unique). Now, if the BoC account would show similar activity after that of mikesandisonoff* then I would take this seriously, or perhaps if the account got verified. Just in case, I reported the account as possibly fake, impersonating BoC but I don't know if that works. My guess is that somebody wants to impersonate someone else to feel more important.

The picture looks like an Ampex indeed! The north pole of Saturn would be a cool BoC LP5 design though! #hexagon

From what I understand from some bits of the interviews is that Mike is the brains behind the whole thing and marcus mainly serves as a filter and a bisexual icon to make sure Mike doesn't output trash into the world. They work in tandem and keep eachother in check but I always got the impression from the interviews Mike called the shots and marcus just stood there looking sexy for the band. :oops:
i'M aLSo SerViNG tHEsTATpOW a wARnINg

Posts Quantity
TheStatPow wrote:From what I understand from some bits of the interviews is that Mike is the brains behind the whole thing and marcus mainly serves as a filter and a bisexual icon to make sure Mike doesn't output trash into the world. They work in tandem and keep eachother in check but I always got the impression from the interviews Mike called the shots and marcus just stood there looking sexy for the band. :oops:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not. I'm pretty sure Julie and Candy, the Good Friday remix, Roygbiv etc, are not celebrating hypersexuality

Sherbet Head
TheStatPow wrote:
sund0wn wrote:It doesn't make sense to me why Mike would go solo like this (they are a BAND after all), and if he did, why he would add 'official' to his account name? The posted reels have been uploaded after those by the BoC insta account (except one which is unique). Now, if the BoC account would show similar activity after that of mikesandisonoff* then I would take this seriously, or perhaps if the account got verified. Just in case, I reported the account as possibly fake, impersonating BoC but I don't know if that works. My guess is that somebody wants to impersonate someone else to feel more important.

From what I understand from some bits of the interviews is that Mike is the brains behind the whole thing and marcus mainly serves as a filter and a bisexual icon to make sure Mike doesn't output trash into the world. They work in tandem and keep eachother in check but I always got the impression from the interviews Mike called the shots and marcus just stood there looking sexy for the band. :oops:

Slight correction. Marcus is not the bisexual icon. YOU ARE!!
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Friendly Stranger
I suspect TheStatPow was referring to an old post. viewtopic.php?t=14320&p=284342

Have to admit Marcus has the looks. But with so little known about BoC there's nothing that indicates anything about their sexuality (except that they have children), nor is it of any relevance to others. It's not about them but their music. Now, to stay on-topic about a new release.. Four years! With such an expectation any release that's any sooner must be a bonus :)
Also, trying to mentally prepare myself for a pattern I feel I'm seeing often with artists: they reach their climax early in their carreers and then sort of fizzle out.. So while I would love some kind of dystopian space magnus opus, I don't expect it.
“If you can’t laugh at life, it just isn’t funny anymore.” (Wavy Gravy quoted by Sasha in PiHKAL: https://isomerdesign.com/PiHKAL/read.php?id=64)

Friendly Stranger
People see what they want to see? Believe what (is real what) they want to believe? It would be great if this indeed is quiet before the storm. I agree it doesn't make sense considering the frequent output in the past (but who ever said there was a rationale in the frequency or timing of post-TH social media posting?). Breaking that 'cadence' makes me suspect there is no urgency (for a new release) nor any meaning to possibly derive from their 'recent' activity.

Davism wrote:They seem to have broken the timing of their posts. Shouldn't they made a post a three weeks ago based off of the recent cadence they've established over the last 6 months? Quiet before the storm? Does this make anyone more likely to believe that the Mike Sandison account is real, especially considering the picture that was posted?

Eagle Minded
I'm definitely grasping at straws.... I guess me expecting them to follow social media strategies for promoting their work is a bit silly, lol.

Dayvan Cowboy
Riverbed0666 wrote:On June 9th of this year, the BOCset alongside a new album will be announced. About 5 months later, a 7 track EP of all new material will also be announced. And if I'm wrong, then it'll actually happen uhhhhhh next June 9th.

In June 2024, Saudi Arabia is expected to announce that it will cease all oil sales in US dollars, marking the end of the 50-year Petrodollar Pact signed on June 6, 1974, which expires on June 9, 2024.

Eagle Minded
New album when

Moloch wrote:New album when

In due time

Boqurant
arvy wrote:
Riverbed0666 wrote:On June 9th of this year, the BOCset alongside a new album will be announced. About 5 months later, a 7 track EP of all new material will also be announced. And if I'm wrong, then it'll actually happen uhhhhhh next June 9th.

In June 2024, Saudi Arabia is expected to announce that it will cease all oil sales in US dollars, marking the end of the 50-year Petrodollar Pact signed on June 6, 1974, which expires on June 9, 2024.

Can't wait for Boards of Arabia.

Sherbet Head
arvy wrote:

Yeah I'm sorry, that's not gonna happen. It's not gonna shake out the way you think it will

Sherbet Head
I'm feeling pretty hopeful that something is happening relatively soon

Posts Quantity
TheStatPow wrote:

Don't let them silence you,

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada