GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

New Seed
Hello folks, It's my first post here, but I've been lurking around for ages, I have some things in my mind, both about our beloved icon Mike Sandison.
First, in this topic -> viewtopic.php?t=14652&p=292090 <- , the now Official twitter account of Mike was been discussed in a similar way to the (for now at least) unofficial instagram account, which has posted what seems a (tape reel?), and some folks said it was fake, it could be fake, it smelled like fake, so I think theres a probability that the instagram account is indeed his.
Second, in 2020 Mike posted a tweet with lyrics from the Joni Mitchell song "Sweet Bird", but its not there anymore, so he must have deleted it, I just think Why? If some of you have some thoughts on these two things...

Sherbet Head
"It is the dim haze of mystery that adds enchantment to pursuit"

- Antoine Rivarol

Posts Quantity
Lone wrote:i'd like to hear them really push the organic / live instrumental side of their work further than ever - kinda like the beck, sexual objects or why remixes

I have read in interviews that they have recorded a lot of tracks with traditional instruments, but they feel that this music does not fit the BoC project. I think that this is nonsense, and I would love an entire album that sounds like the remixes. The 'Dead Dogs Two' remix is a psychedelic masterpiece. Alternatively, they could release some of that music under another name.

Posts Quantity
We've been misled.

Friendly Stranger
Hi Monad!

Thanks for refering to that old post about a twitter account. History has a way of repeating itself I guess.
About the removed Sweet Bird tweet.. I can imagine him removing it because he wasn't happy with it anymore and/or it was a spur of the moment kind of thing. I personally have some of those experiences with social media generally. I would remove something later because I wasn't that enthusiastic about it anymore or because of the reaction of others. Also, once you post something then that post is potentially forever and it may define you that way. So if Mike posted lyrics about Sweet bird and cute kittens, that must mean he's really into Joni Mitchell and cute kittens, right? With their reluctance for media attention I can imagine a spur of the moment post is removed later on, especially if there is a strong reaction by followers. Also, 'the algorithm' could have picked up on it and he didn't want to be told what to 'see or read' ('then it follows that'..).

Monad wrote:Hello folks, It's my first post here, but I've been lurking around for ages, I have some things in my mind, both about our beloved icon Mike Sandison.
First, in this topic -> viewtopic.php?t=14652&p=292090 <- , the now Official twitter account of Mike was been discussed in a similar way to the (for now at least) unofficial instagram account, which has posted what seems a (tape reel?), and some folks said it was fake, it could be fake, it smelled like fake, so I think theres a probability that the instagram account is indeed his.
Second, in 2020 Mike posted a tweet with lyrics from the Joni Mitchell song "Sweet Bird", but its not there anymore, so he must have deleted it, I just think Why? If some of you have some thoughts on these two things...
“If you can’t laugh at life, it just isn’t funny anymore.” (Wavy Gravy quoted by Sasha in PiHKAL: https://isomerdesign.com/PiHKAL/read.php?id=64)

Sherbet Head
Happy June 9th!

New Seed
Since Twitter likes are private now i guess that is the end for the BOC Twitter likes discussions

HASHY wrote:Since Twitter likes are private now i guess that is the end for the BOC Twitter likes discussions

https://twitter.com/boardsofcanada/likes
I can still see the likes? I’m logged in, maybe that’s why?

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:
HASHY wrote:Since Twitter likes are private now i guess that is the end for the BOC Twitter likes discussions

You can't even use Twitter without being logged in
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

rodox_head wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:

You can't even use Twitter without being logged in

Well then I definitely don’t know what HASHY is on about the likes not being accessible. Maybe that’s a “feature” yet to be rolled out worldwide?

Posts Quantity
Fredd-E wrote:Maybe that’s a “feature” yet to be rolled out worldwide?

https://www.theverge.com/2024/6/11/2417 ... te-rollout

New Seed
Its a new feature that makes everyones likes on twitter private now. Maybe it hasn't updated for everyone yet. I can't see BOC's likes at all anymore

Eagle Minded
At this point, I don't care about their Twitter likes.... we are past that. I suspect whatever move they make next will have to do with some sort of announcement of the new album.

HASHY wrote:Its a new feature that makes everyones likes on twitter private now. Maybe it hasn't updated for everyone yet. I can't see BOC's likes at all anymore

Today it's gone for me too. RIP

Boqurant
Stopped using twitter 2 years ago. Stopped using all social media with very few exceptions, twoism being one obviously. Corporate social media algos are a deadly plague and there is no vaccine.

Hope we get LP5 this year. I would love some fresh BOC. But if they never release another album I am content with the beauty, mystery, darkness, nostalgia, wonder, fear and joy they have given us. It's an amazing oeuvre and leaves me in awe.
vLG = 627 +- 22 km/s >>> L =276° +- 3: b = 30° +- 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npq_yb-xLmw

Friendly Stranger
tumuli_stump_jumper wrote:Stopped using twitter 2 years ago. Stopped using all social media with very few exceptions, twoism being one obviously. Corporate social media algos are a deadly plague and there is no vaccine.

Hope we get LP5 this year. I would love some fresh BOC. But if they never release another album I am content with the beauty, mystery, darkness, nostalgia, wonder, fear and joy they have given us. It's an amazing oeuvre and leaves me in awe.

Frankly, I don't think I would be content. The old unreleased material and fabled "boc-set" could let lie, as cool as it would be to hear, if we just got another album. TH was such a dark note to end on and the world has changed drastically since, so I wonder how that'd be reflected in their music.

Sherbet Head
Yeah I feel that, to leave off at the end of TH would definitely leave an impact, but I can't really remedey that with the idea that it was their last "transmission" so to speak

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada