GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
317, r
98-70 bcxf
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
Jonse wrote:317, r
98-70 bcxf

Well said!
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

New Seed
Have the brothers themselves actually ever mentioned the fabled “BoCset”? MDG mentioned that something with their old material might happen multiple times at this point, and BoC themselves have shown some interest in releasing their older stuff if any of the interviews are anything to go by, but I can’t seem to find anything from BoC directly that would suggest that it would be in the form of a box set. I’d like to be proven wrong though.

New Seed
The Dookster wrote:Have the brothers themselves actually ever mentioned the fabled “BoCset”? MDG mentioned that something with their old material might happen multiple times at this point, and BoC themselves have shown some interest in releasing their older stuff if any of the interviews are anything to go by, but I can’t seem to find anything from BoC directly that would suggest that it would be in the form of a box set. I’d like to be proven wrong though.
They didn't, the fans speculate based on the box set released by Aphex Twin / Warp

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

The Dookster wrote:Have the brothers themselves actually ever mentioned the fabled “BoCset”? MDG mentioned that something with their old material might happen multiple times at this point, and BoC themselves have shown some interest in releasing their older stuff if any of the interviews are anything to go by, but I can’t seem to find anything from BoC directly that would suggest that it would be in the form of a box set. I’d like to be proven wrong though.

OK The reason it was jumped on was this: Warp and BOC have been in talks for a long while about putting out a box set of old tracks from these tapes and others, with new packaging and art, to be released sometime after the forthcoming record. The tapes were private comps given out to close friends a few years ago, long before the band imagined there would be this kind of interest, and long before the likes of Soulseek etc existed.
The tracks are out there now, nothing can be done about that, they've been circulating for a while and fans have them, so the decision was taken to at least consider tidying them up and repackaging them with decent exclusive artwork & more rarities. BOC never wanted these tracks presented this way, mislabelled and as poor-quality MP3 files.

https://bocpages.org/wiki/Statements_fr ... ruary_2005

Quotes by MDG (practically the same as if they were posted by BoC because he is their designated online spokesperson after all) + the quotes in the Interviews show there is interest in the concept of a bocset/boxset.

Friendly Stranger
Guys, a little off topic, but I'd like to offer a sincere apology to all Boards of Canada fans. I am sorry for using such awful language and actively seeking out to offend people here. I've felt so awful for years and I actively try to be negative towards people and If you really knew me you'd know that is not my true nature. I seem to have become this Clown or trickster. This weekend I had one of the most profound experiences of my life and I believe I am on a journey of self recovery and healing. The first thing I wanted to do was to apologise. I hope you can all find it in yourselves to accept my apology. I won't respond to this forum anymore unless I have something positive to say, or if I've any theories on a new BoC album of course. I wish you all well on your own journeys.

Eagle Minded
Hey this is great, Jardine. I love seeing people exercise some humility when there’s so little in the world. I don’t know that I’ve noticed too much from you over the months/years, but apology accepted. GB

Dayvan Cowboy
J.Jardine wrote:Guys, a little off topic, but I'd like to offer a sincere apology to all Boards of Canada fans. I am sorry for using such awful language and actively seeking out to offend people here. I've felt so awful for years and I actively try to be negative towards people and If you really knew me you'd know that is not my true nature. I seem to have become this Clown or trickster. This weekend I had one of the most profound experiences of my life and I believe I am on a journey of self recovery and healing. The first thing I wanted to do was to apologise. I hope you can all find it in yourselves to accept my apology. I won't respond to this forum anymore unless I have something positive to say, or if I've any theories on a new BoC album of course. I wish you all well on your own journeys.
Prove it through your actions. No one is immune to relapse. I speak from experience.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Rodox Head

Friendly Stranger
NTFMTS wrote:
ColinWallis wrote:getting all political lmao.

If you read through convos in the thread, you'll realize politics were only brought into the fold when people were posting 4chan nonsense, trolling far right stuff, Sam Hyde and anti trans rhetoric etc. Blame the people who spread that hateful stuff, not the rest of the thread for rejecting it.

Also you're just resurrecting the dead with this kind of response. You're being equally as reactionary as the people you're calling out.

Back to speculation. I honestly thought we'd have another new update at this point, but I'm still hopeful towards something happening or coming out by the end of the year or early 2025 (crossing my fingers)

lmao
ɪɲ ʕʰɘɼɾʏ ɟȺɱɨʟʮ

"My world is your dreamworld, and vice versa. However, and as discussed, the two worlds are coming together apace. [78103301]"

"Dazzled or enlightened, he tries to understand and, at times, to expand the rules of a game he never asked to take part in, and that he is not allowed to renounce."

New Seed
NTFMTS wrote:
ColinWallis wrote:getting all political lmao.

Back to speculation. I honestly thought we'd have another new update at this point, but I'm still hopeful towards something happening or coming out by the end of the year or early 2025 (crossing my fingers)

:)

Posts Quantity
8)
"R-Worded"

Sherbet Head
Press play!

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada