The Sell/Trade BoC Merch Thread

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
What's the story behind the Geogaddi kaleidoscope? Never heard of it until now.

Sherbet Head
can someone link said slipmat?
*farts*

idk

Friendly Stranger
These are my two,now one sold to a fellow member.

[img][img]http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag309/trionahourihaneflow/Slipmat/IMG_4147-2_zps8b9ef7be.jpg[/img][/img]

[imgImage[/img]

Posts Quantity
Frankieflow wrote:These are my two,now one sold to a fellow member.

[img][img]http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag309/trionahourihaneflow/Slipmat/IMG_4147-2_zps8b9ef7be.jpg[/img][/img]

[imgImage[/img]

i neeeeeeeed iiiittt! btw, what record player is that?
Dude, have you heard the new EVANESENCE?

Friendly Stranger
Cheers mate,its Pioneers last of the breed SL 1210 mk5g 8)

Posts Quantity
Frankieflow wrote:Cheers mate,its Pioneers last of the breed SL 1210 mk5g 8)

hot damn, that is expensive! for now i'll just stick to my $8 goodwill record player.

Sherbet Head
Frankieflow wrote:These are my two,now one sold to a fellow member.

[imgImage[/img]

I am so jealous of that MK5G! The slipmat looks incredible though, looking forward to receiving it! Pleasure doing business with you.

Sherbet Head
Frankieflow wrote:Cheers mate,its Pioneers last of the breed SL 1210 mk5g 8)

Are those B&W 685 speakers next to your Technics?

Eagle Minded
isn't Technics Panasonic?

record player side note:

with record players...

hold the purchase off save and get something proper! there is a huge margin for improvement.

e.g instead of spending $400 on a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon wait and spend $800 on an Xpression Carbon... that 400 goes a looong way.

anyone have card sleeve Trans Canada Highway for sale?

Sherbet Head
d e n wrote:isn't Technics Panasonic?

record player side note:

with record players...

hold the purchase off save and get something proper! there is a huge margin for improvement.

e.g instead of spending $400 on a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon wait and spend $800 on an Xpression Carbon... that 400 goes a looong way.

Yeah Technics were made by Panasonic. Pioneer have come out with a new turntable this year though that look almost identical to Technics. Would you not class Technics as "something proper"? I'm thinking of buying a new turntable but unsure what to buy, I really like Technics though.

Friendly Stranger
Good spot with the B&W 685mk2.Also yes my mk5g is Panasonic.My bad.I have some other tables too including a Goldring and J A michell project deck with linn tone arm.

Eagle Minded
MindElevation wrote:
d e n wrote:isn't Technics Panasonic?

record player side note:

with record players...

Yeah Technics were made by Panasonic. Pioneer have come out with a new turntable this year though that look almost identical to Technics. Would you not class Technics as "something proper"? I'm thinking of buying a new turntable but unsure what to buy, I really like Technics though.

I was set on getting a Technics SL 1200 after researching. I really liked the look and reputation and solid build, however, when I went to my local audio shop––which I should mention is owned and operated by this one guy (who is blind, so I really trust his ear) since the 80's––he said getting a Technics would be a mistake...

first, the best source I found to a refurbished and well operating technics was Turntable Lab in NYC and they were selling for 800... that is without cartraige and dust cover, which would take the price to 1000+. This price range is the norm for Technics now... unless you get lucky on eBay, which definitely possible.

also, he believes metal doesn't suit listening to music as well as fiber board. if you're trying to stratch along to Portishead records the Technics is top.

He honestly thought I'd be better off spending less money (around 800 for everything) on a Pro-Ject Xpression Carbon, which he believes is one of the best turntables in that price range, which in the high fidelity market believe it or not is just above 'entry-level'. I'm not interested in having anything more complex than that... he just basically said the entry turntables are a bit "dinky" and if you're going to spend 400-500 you should hold the purchase off and getting something with longevity for a couple hundred dollars more. I don't have a turntable yet... still considering my options. I invested in an ampler and speakers first from the same shop, which I am happy with.

With this stuff if there is an audio shop in your area... and you trust the character of who's running it.. id recommend going there and listening to this stuff in person. having someone who works with this gear everyday is really helpful.

And again, to clarify, the Technics is a great table, its not random that it has the rep. it has, its just that if you're going to spend that much money on a used table that may have some technical issues it may be worth considering some of the new turntables. I know REGA out of the UK is also a good option and has a great table (either the RP2 or RP3) in a similar price point.

Friendly Stranger

Posts Quantity
Frankieflow wrote:New kaleidoscope sitting pretty.
[img][img]http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/frankieflow1/IMG_1409.jpg[/img]
[/img]Image

wow you must be a pretty big collector! id love to see your whole collection of boc stuff.

Sherbet Head
can we get this restickied please :mrgreen:
*farts*

idk

Friendly Stranger
Agreed,

Site Admin
I'll set some stickies back once everything has cooled down again. I guess at the of the week.
Life is a Frequency

Friendly Stranger
Cheers Aesthetics

Nova Scotia Robot
I'm thinking of possibly, maybe, just a fictitious idea of selling my kaleidoscope. What's a fair price to ask for, do ya think?

Sherbet Head
747Music wrote:I'm thinking of possibly, maybe, just a fictitious idea of selling my kaleidoscope. What's a fair price to ask for, do ya think?

Ten bucks and a foot massage if you drop by my house

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada