Your controversial BoC opinions.

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Valotonin wrote:
zeoevil wrote:Have either of you ever watched The Winged Beatle?

I haven't. Does it reference said conspiracy theory?

Very much so. It is a well produced internet documentary that sort of compiles and sorts the various aspects of the conspiracy theory.
phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
zeoevil wrote:Very much so. It is a well produced internet documentary that sort of compiles and sorts the various aspects of the conspiracy theory.
phpBB [media]

It took me a while to find the time to watch. I am someone who likes to toy with the idea of different conspiracies without embracing them as true so it was most enjoyable to watch. This is scarily well produced in my opinion and there are a lot of valid points made, I like the potential mystery here. Thanks for sharing !

Telepath
Every time that documentary pops up here I can't help but watch it in full. I can imagine a lot of Beatles fans felt a lot like a lot of boc fans do with all the secret messages and conspiracies. That all said, it's all pretty clearly Burroughs pulling the strings.

Eagle Minded
Those conspiracy documentaries are always edited in such a way that it's impossible to tell whether the part you are currently watching is relevant or whether it's about to be explained further. And I have yet to find one that isn't narrated by text-to-speech.

Sherbet Head
Omikron wrote:And I have yet to find one that isn't narrated by text-to-speech.

After this one came out, I remember reading somewhere that the narrator was actually someone famous. I recognized his voice, but could never place it.
Valotonin wrote:It took me a while to find the time to watch.

I'm glad you did. I hope you enjoyed it. When I first watched it, I was surprised Paul was so into the occult. I used to be into Crowley and still have some of his books so that part especially hit home with me.
Cupz wrote:Every time that documentary pops up here I can't help but watch it in full.

Truth be told, I had to watch it again myself after I posted it the other day.

Eagle Minded
zeoevil wrote:
Omikron wrote:And I have yet to find one that isn't narrated by text-to-speech.

After this one came out, I remember reading somewhere that the narrator was actually someone famous. I recognized his voice, but could never place it.

The end credits say the narrator is Thom Moht. Google has no information about him apart from references to the video. Whoever he is, the narration in the video is a text to speech script.

Dayvan Cowboy
Omikron wrote:The end credits say the narrator is Thom Moht. Google has no information about him apart from references to the video. Whoever he is, the narration in the video is a text to speech script.

Doubt its a real name, with being a palindrome.

Sherbet Head
Omikron wrote:Whoever he is, the narration in the video is a text to speech script.

Would you be able to provide me with a source or a sample?

Eagle Minded
zeoevil wrote:
Omikron wrote:Whoever he is, the narration in the video is a text to speech script.

Would you be able to provide me with a source or a sample?

I'm not watching the entire video again, but you can occasionally hear disruptions in intonation that would never happen in natural speech. At one point the same phrase is repeated multiple times with identical inflection and emphasis each time. It sounds quite natural overall but there are subtle giveaways. I can tell you with absolute certainty that speech synthesis was used.

Sherbet Head
Omikron wrote:I'm not watching the entire video again, but you can occasionally hear disruptions in intonation that would never happen in natural speech. At one point the same phrase is repeated multiple times with identical inflection and emphasis each time. It sounds quite natural overall but there are subtle giveaways. I can tell you with absolute certainty that speech synthesis was used.

I wasn't suggesting you do that. I was just hoping that you recognized the program that you think was used to produce the speech.

Friendly Stranger
s t a r g a z e (doing BoC) live are better than BoC live.

I'm obviously going with my experience of the 2018 Leith Theatre recreation of Hi Scores versus seeing Dem Bro's doing teh Warp Lighthouse Pairty in 2000.

I'd die on this hill, don;t even come at me.

Posts Quantity
Brads off Canada

Posts Quantity
ravedamage wrote:s t a r g a z e (doing BoC) live are better than BoC live.

I'm obviously going with my experience of the 2018 Leith Theatre recreation of Hi Scores versus seeing Dem Bro's doing teh Warp Lighthouse Pairty in 2000.

Bad opinion. What about Spiro?

Eagle Minded
They should remake Everything You Do Is A Balloon and release it as a single only now with all of their years of experience, building upon it to reference the title's message itself.
you don't care to hear until you listen

Posts Quantity
XYZ is a 6/10 track for me. Good but not enough umph to it and not that interesting of a melody compared to others, though the beat that comes in throughout makes up for it.
That Squidward crossover guy and Plaid fanatic. ALSO FUCK IM SORRY HAVENT BEEN INACTIVE ON HERE I'VE BEEN USING WATMM MORE :(
Rateyourmusic account: https://rateyourmusic.com/~PrezSquid
WATMM account: https://forum.watmm.com/profile/23101-p ... squidward/

New Seed
rue the whirl is boring.

preflehx wrote:rue the whirl is boring.

It's not my favourite, that's for sure.

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Mexicola wrote:
preflehx wrote:rue the whirl is boring.

It's not my favourite, that's for sure.

I still love it, even if it is a bit repetitive.

I hate the way the beat in Korona drowns out the other elements of the song. Y'all feel me?

Sherbet Head
People will say the next album sucks a bit and that they're disappointed. then come back on it a year later and say it wasn't so bad.

Then 3 years down the line people will call it genius.

7 years after no release it's all people will listen to :mrgreen:
Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded
Probably not the most controversial thing but the ending half of Forest Moon is arguably one of their most incredibly beautiful and striking compositions they have ever made and it deserved a place on their discog.
you don't care to hear until you listen

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada