Let's take a dip into Diving Station

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Disclaimer: You all know I'm mental anyway so don't be surprised by my delusions.

Ok so about 12 years ago I was playing with Diving Station on Audacity and I think i managed to decipher this track to reveal a spoken message.

I lost the file years ago on a dead hard drive and have never since had a new PC to use Audacity to try to recreate it, Although I tried on my phone, Apps just aren't up to the task.

So I am reaching out to twoism sound editors to help me see if there is actually something there.. Or not.

So here is what I think I did to reveal the message, Although it was a long time ago it's fuzzy.

1. Speed up the entire track to about 400% until it is 2 seconds long or 2.3 seconds or so, It must be a WAV, Not a flac or MP3 or it doesn't handle the amount of processing.

2. Split the track in half and reverse the first second

3. Take the second part, (Second 2) and pitch it down quite a lot and perhaps change the speed slightly, You should begin to hear a voice. It also should sound like radio tuning sounds/interference in the background.

Let me know what you hear, If anything at all and if so I will tell what I heard.

Have fun and good luck, I appreciate your efforts

<3

Posts Quantity
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Sherbet Head
That's a shame the guy didn't hear the message. He didn't dig deep enough.

There are 4 words, A request.

Follow my method and spend more than 36 seconds peeps

Eagle Minded
I dont necessarily hear anything that stands out here^ but I'm confident there's something hidden in the tune. It's a very strange one with lots of obscure sounds

Sherbet Head
NTFMTS wrote:I dont necessarily hear anything that stands out here^ but I'm confident there's something hidden in the tune. It's a very strange one with lots of obscure sounds

Are you referring to the YouTube video? Or did you try the method?

Sherbet Head
qukk_ wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYAOLtR3lMg

I messaged Statpow, The creator of that video months ago and gave him the clues on what to do, However he is not interested

As I reminded him the other day, This spurred me on to have a group effort

There is a clue here

Eagle Minded
luminousdusk wrote:
NTFMTS wrote:I dont necessarily hear anything that stands out here^ but I'm confident there's something hidden in the tune. It's a very strange one with lots of obscure sounds

Are you referring to the YouTube video? Or did you try the method?

I meant in reference to the youtube vid

Sherbet Head
Ah no worries. We posted our replies at the exact same time lol

I can imagine they spent a very long time creating this track. Considering they spend weeks tweaking a Hi-hat.

This Diving station goes deep, So deep it's almost unfathomable

Sherbet Head
Just had an epiphany about the name of the track.. While a diving station is obviously a real thing, think about it.. Diving.. We need to take a deep dive into this track. They know we search for this stuff and this is extremely well hidden. Also 'Station'- as I said it sounds like radio tuning sounds, It's a radio message.

Tmb

That's is all

Sherbet Head
I feel like I should say what the message is just so as not seem all cryptic about it. I can understand people thinking this may be a troll and I can assure you I am beyond that level of maturity.

If this does turn out to be a troll.. However you figure that out anyway then I solemnly swear that I will ask the mods to delete my account, Ban me, Remove all my posts.. I swear I am telling the truth that I heard the message say

"Geogaddi - Come in, Over"

This could be a huge development in the interpretation of the name Geogaddi. What is Geogaddi.. It could be an entity, A God, Or simply a mash up of geography and.. Daddy? Honestly when I first saw the name Geogaddi on the CD I was so utterly confused as to what I was looking at!

Why are they trying to communicate to Geogaddi via SW radio, Are they asking for something? Are they offering something?

Eagle Minded
I don't think you're trolling and I could absolutely see the brothers doing something like this. Kind of like a message reaching out to the listener toward the end of their listening experience. Perhaps a message assuring the listener that they're arriving their destination, they will reach the light in the tunnel and come out safe and sound from the whole Geogaddi experience.

Sherbet Head
I appreciate your trust in me, Thank you and I love your take on it! Absolutely fantastic.

While I'm here I'm just going to say if nobody cracks it, Thats ok. I'm going to save for a laptop or PC and get around to it. I feel like I've got it off my chest and it's on record now so I am happy with that.

If it turns out not to be true, So be it, I can move on to Turquoiser pastures.

Cheers :)

Oh and Eta, The 162.225MHZ text on the label of side 4 of the Geogaddi LP may be a clue to cracking this

Sherbet Head
Oh and 162.225MHZ is VHF not short wave my mistake, But I think it has to do with the frequency of Diving Station

Sherbet Head
Sorry its side 6 for the MHZ frequency oops.

I think possibly mhz is deliberately misleading us. I think it should really be khz because the cd quality is obviously 44.1khz and if you speed that up by 400% (44.1 x 4) you get 176.4khz so my x400 isnt accurate.. However..

If you times 44.1khz x 3.6792 you get 162.252khz, That's pretty damn close to my original estimate besides the KHZ-MHZ misleading path

So I suggest following the original recipe but speed the track up by 367%

Sherbet Head
Chat GPT - Frequency 162.255 kHz is often used for time signal transmissions, typically by radio stations that broadcast time signals for synchronization purposes, such as in radio-controlled clocks or other timekeeping systems.

Me - The frequency is transmitting to us the time synchronisation information required to decipher the encrypted message

Posts Quantity
luminousdusk wrote:Chat GPT - Frequency 162.255 kHz is often used for time signal transmissions, typically by radio stations that broadcast time signals for synchronization purposes, such as in radio-controlled clocks or other timekeeping systems.

Me - The frequency is transmitting to us the time synchronisation information required to decipher the encrypted message

Are you okay?

Dayvan Cowboy
qukk_ wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:Chat GPT - Frequency 162.255 kHz is often used for time signal transmissions, typically by radio stations that broadcast time signals for synchronization purposes, such as in radio-controlled clocks or other timekeeping systems.

Are you okay?

What is your problem?

Posts Quantity
arvy wrote:
qukk_ wrote:

Are you okay?

What is your problem?

Nothing

Boqurant

I've also wondered what this means, but maybe it's just a weather station, and two people we're out there are using it for some clandestine shit.

Sherbet Head
They way I see it is - We know BoC are obsessed with radio, numbers stations, Transmissions etc

We have heard for years rumours that diving station is slowed down speech, It's pretty obvious when you listen to the track that's what it sounds like.

Many people have tried manipulating this track to find something, I'm certainly not the first. We know something is there.

As for the frequency on the back of side 6, There is literally no explanation for it, there are no weather references in any BoC I can think of.

The frequency is a clue, It's a code. When are codes ever blatantly obvious? Kind of defeats the purpose.

Then there's the TH ARG, Geez, This Diving Station thing pales in comparison to that. They sent out coded messages on vinyl around the word, Embedded messages into HTML and God knows what else.. Really doesn't make this Diving Station thing sound so far fetched does it

Next

Return to Boards of Canada