GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity

Sherbet Head
PerniciousKnid wrote:https://www.adultswim.com/presents/festival/schedule.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this what you're looking at? IDK = I Don't Know? Well, that makes two of us! I guess we'll have to tune in.

Sherbet Head

blood incantation followed by galcher lustwerk is an amazing transition haha. this looks awesome!

blood incantation is basically a death metal band that writes music on mushrooms and acid

phpBB [media]

and galcher lustwerk is pure sex

phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
After the AMKS fiasco, I'm very skeptical

But...if it's BOC or a teaser for them, that would make me very happy :)

Either way, nothing to lose for BOC fans to check it out. Probably lots of great music regardless
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Friendly Stranger
Josh wrote:

Is this what you're looking at? IDK = I Don't Know? Well, that makes two of us! I guess we'll have to tune in.

https://twitter.com/ClueNoClue/status/1327052844038385664

BOC could still be appearing on the AS Festival, but this is not it.

Sherbet Head
ihmeauto wrote:
Josh wrote:

https://twitter.com/ClueNoClue/status/1327052844038385664

BOC could still be appearing on the AS Festival, but this is not it.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'd never heard of the Clue label before.

Sherbet Head
Colin Stetson though, nice.
You could feel the bullshit

Dayvan Cowboy
Actually looking at the list, would BOC really appear on the same setlist as Tycho?

Joking, but I know someone might comment that XD

Posts Quantity

Posts Quantity
I just just sharing the schedule earlier. I didn’t see anything on the schedule, nor do I expect to from the event.

I never understood why they chose to use Adult Swim last time - and I also do not expect them to repeat themselves so blatantly.

Friendly Stranger
PerniciousKnid wrote:I just just sharing the schedule earlier. I didn’t see anything on the schedule, nor do I expect to from the event.

I never understood why they chose to use Adult Swim last time - and I also do not expect them to repeat themselves so blatantly.

Doesn’t make sense to me either. I watched some adult swim back in college but I feel like it’s too immature for BoC.

Dayvan Cowboy
I revisited that "Turn That Smile Upside Down" snippet and it really sounds a lot like Gemini. Has that same brooding, analog synth feel but also delivers that BOC style punch where they say a lot in a few simple notes.

If not them, a great imitation of TH, and one of the best attempts in a year of fake BOC music.

Dayvan Cowboy
KoA wrote:Doesn’t make sense to me either. I watched some adult swim back in college but I feel like it’s too immature for BoC.

BoC's music has been used by Adult Swim for years. AS sponsors a lot of surrealist art/video projects and ARGs, both of which are interests of BoC. They've worked with some of the most renowned musicians active today, both in and out of the electronic music world.

Also, BoC are not some pretentious high-culture-only snobs, as their interviews and the Societas X Tape should have made clear. They have a sense of humor and fun, and an appreciation for the oddities of pop culture.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:I revisited that "Turn That Smile Upside Down" snippet and it really sounds a lot like Gemini. Has that same brooding, analog synth feel but also delivers that BOC style punch where they say a lot in a few simple notes.

If not them, a great imitation of TH, and one of the best attempts in a year of fake BOC music.

That's what gave me a raise of the eyebrow as well - I've heard a lot of music mistaken for BoC, and most of the time I see only vaguely superficial similarities, but the music in that clip really sounded a lot like something from Tomorrow's Harvest.

Friendly Stranger
SamuraiDrifter wrote:
KoA wrote:Doesn’t make sense to me either. I watched some adult swim back in college but I feel like it’s too immature for BoC.

BoC's music has been used by Adult Swim for years. AS sponsors a lot of surrealist art/video projects and ARGs, both of which are interests of BoC. They've worked with some of the most renowned musicians active today, both in and out of the electronic music world.

Also, BoC are not some pretentious high-culture-only snobs, as their interviews and the Societas X Tape should have made clear. They have a sense of humor and fun, and an appreciation for the oddities of pop culture.
In the years since TH it just feels like they have gone in different directions, with Adult swim seeming to have been distilled in to the ironic shock humor category and BoC going in a more bleak direction. Plus, from that one thread on everyone’s age, it seems like most BoC listeners are in their 30’s/40’s while Adult Swim is aimed at teens/20’s. They used to work well together years ago but I’m not convinced that it would still be a good fit. I’m not sure where you think I’m calling them pretentious or high culture snobs but you do seem to love to attack my posts.

Speaking of Adult Swim, does anyone remember Look Around You? It was a British show that parodied old educational programs, very funny and with a great 70’s synth soundtrack that was BoC-esque.

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDrifter wrote:
Echelon wrote:I revisited that "Turn That Smile Upside Down" snippet and it really sounds a lot like Gemini. Has that same brooding, analog synth feel but also delivers that BOC style punch where they say a lot in a few simple notes.

That's what gave me a raise of the eyebrow as well - I've heard a lot of music mistaken for BoC, and most of the time I see only vaguely superficial similarities, but the music in that clip really sounded a lot like something from Tomorrow's Harvest.

If the unheard BOC music from the Scottish award show in 2013-2014 says anything, they've probably got tons of snippets at their disposal. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a TH outtake they gave to AS for a quirky bumper vid. Though "Feeling bad feels so good," is very fitting with both the times and TH haha

I only put on TH when I want to hear sad synth tones for an hour or so :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
KoA wrote:In the years since TH it just feels like they have gone in different directions, with Adult swim seeming to have been distilled in to the ironic shock humor category and BoC going in a more bleak direction. Plus, from that one thread on everyone’s age, it seems like most BoC listeners are in their 30’s/40’s while Adult Swim is aimed at teens/20’s. They used to work well together years ago but I’m not convinced that it would still be a good fit. I’m not sure where you think I’m calling them pretentious or high culture snobs but you do seem to love to attack my posts.

Speaking of Adult Swim, does anyone remember Look Around You? It was a British show that parodied old educational programs, very funny and with a great 70’s synth soundtrack that was BoC-esque.

I was addressing the comment about AS being too immature for them.

I'm not attacking you personally, and I didn't necessarily read your comment to be calling BoC high-culture snobs, I just see a lot of posts here and on the BoC subreddit from people acting like the band are humorless druids living in the woods.

For example, every time Twitter is brought up, there's someone saying that their account must be run by someone at Warp because there's no way BoC would ever use Twitter.

Also, I absolutely loved Look Around You, and the music was veeerrry Boards-y. I actually read some theories on here from people sure that BoC secretly made the soundtrack.

Friendly Stranger
Wow I love that Look Around Canada theory. Also I hope I’m wrong and the bump really is BoC.

Boqurant
KoA wrote:
SamuraiDrifter wrote:

In the years since TH it just feels like they have gone in different directions, with Adult swim seeming to have been distilled in to the ironic shock humor category and BoC going in a more bleak direction. Plus, from that one thread on everyone’s age, it seems like most BoC listeners are in their 30’s/40’s while Adult Swim is aimed at teens/20’s. They used to work well together years ago but I’m not convinced that it would still be a good fit. I’m not sure where you think I’m calling them pretentious or high culture snobs but you do seem to love to attack my posts.

Apparently, Peter Serafinowitz is a huge BoC fan, which may explain a lot of the synth similarities. Aside from the whole 70s educational program vibe.

Posts Quantity
SamuraiDrifter wrote:
KoA wrote:In the years since TH it just feels like they have gone in different directions, with Adult swim seeming to have been distilled in to the ironic shock humor category and BoC going in a more bleak direction. Plus, from that one thread on everyone’s age, it seems like most BoC listeners are in their 30’s/40’s while Adult Swim is aimed at teens/20’s. They used to work well together years ago but I’m not convinced that it would still be a good fit. I’m not sure where you think I’m calling them pretentious or high culture snobs but you do seem to love to attack my posts.

I was addressing the comment about AS being too immature for them.

I'm not attacking you personally, and I didn't necessarily read your comment to be calling BoC high-culture snobs, I just see a lot of posts here and on the BoC subreddit from people acting like the band are humorless druids living in the woods.

For example, every time Twitter is brought up, there's someone saying that their account must be run by someone at Warp because there's no way BoC would ever use Twitter.

Also, I absolutely loved Look Around You, and the music was veeerrry Boards-y. I actually read some theories on here from people sure that BoC secretly made the soundtrack.

https://youtu.be/KFe7dMv1--k
https://youtu.be/9sA0IyJepMk
https://youtu.be/rGecLeB5sAs

there is some audible cassette hiss
chronical wrote:Robots doing robot things

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada