GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Agreed, it would be kind of dissapointing. But if there's nothing say more, I respect that. Tho, we are still waiting for that last album. TH could be their last album.

Eagle Minded
arvy wrote:Agreed, it would be kind of dissapointing. But if there's nothing say more, I respect that. Tho, we are still waiting for that last album. TH could be their last album.

That's my theory on things. When everything got a repress, Warp did that whole hexagon thing. We'll see.

Dayvan Cowboy
Sl Flk wrote:
arvy wrote:Agreed, it would be kind of dissapointing. But if there's nothing say more, I respect that. Tho, we are still waiting for that last album. TH could be their last album.

That's my theory on things. When everything got a repress, Warp did that whole hexagon thing. We'll see.

Your theory this was theirs last album, or more to come?

Also, I would love for them just to drop some old unreleased back-catalogue music via some remastered mp3's. I think that would be cool.

Eagle Minded
I realize this might be the wrong place to post this, but yesterday I was driving with my two sons and we were listening to..... wait for it....... BoC. Gemini came on and my 5 yr old said, "daddy, who is this?", I said, "Boards of Canada..... do you like it?", he said "Yes."

My master plan to have my boys be BoC fans is coming to fruition.

That said, there's no way the bros are done. They will definitely release one more album.

Eagle Minded
Yeah, one more album at least. I wouldn't rule out some archival stuff either.

The Twitter likes got me feeling all kinds of optimism (even though they've literally been doing it for years now lol)

Posts Quantity
demo wrote:I would still hope that they have 2 more albums left in them, 6 sides to a hexagon and all that

Well, remember that they are two brothers. An hexagon per band member, I would say.

Posts Quantity

Tomorrows Harvest is their last album. They actually included in the album title what they would be doing for a living after they released it.

Tomorrows. Harvest. All capital letters. They couldn't have been more explicit.

Dayvan Cowboy
I've said this before, but something is coming. They've been dropping hints. For instance:

"Give it a bit longer' and "Here in the wind tunnel..." quotes from Societas.

I even had a guy from Hex Sun tell me to "sit tight" when asked if the bros were up to something.

So yeah, something is obviously coming. Could be a new album, an archival release, perhaps a presentation, a website? That's still left to decide.

But, I temper this optimism with the fact it could be soon or it could be three years from now. They work at an extreme glacial pace. More glacial than some of the sounds on Hooper Bay. I've long since accepted that about BOC. Still, much like life, I like to take an optimistic viewpoint and think it will be sooner than later.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:I've said this before, but something is coming. They've been dropping hints. For instance:

I even had a guy from Hex Sun tell me to "sit tight" when asked if the bros were up to something.

So yeah, something is obviously coming. Could be a new album, an archival release, perhaps a presentation, a website? That's still left to decide.

But, I temper this optimism with the fact it could be soon or it could be three years from now. They work at an extreme glacial pace. More glacial than some of the sounds on Hooper Bay. I've long since accepted that about BOC. Still, much like life, I like to take an optimistic viewpoint and think it will be sooner than later.

It is going to be a real pleasure to "sit tight" and wait a little longer, then.

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:I've said this before, but something is coming. They've been dropping hints. For instance:

I don't know. Just yesterday I was checking mdg's posts and in one of them dating 2008 he confirmed a new album was super close. And we've had lots of teasers just like that through the years. Like when Tomorrow's harvest was released and the brothers said that the next album was half finished.

But yeah hopefully they do release something cause I'm super thirsty for some new music
"Boards of Canada is a unique project that got a bit out of hand."

Dayvan Cowboy
Obviously, I'm just broadcasting my own optimism on this. There's no proof either way that we're going to get something soon or 5 years from now. The only other thing I'm going by is that every big name on Warp has released something in the last two years save for BOC and Aphex. I can bet we'll get news from at least one of them next year.

Spaniard, I do get your frustration with BOC. They're such good artists it's a damn shame they don't release anything or talk to the fans. Honestly, I feel the better/more artistic an artist is, the more quirks they have. I don't see how BOC are any different from someone like Prince in that regard. As much as they claim to be average joes, they have some serious quirks that I'm sure are annoying to their label too. I'm sure Warp want a new release as much as we do.

I've really just accepted this. I more just post on here because they're my favorite band and I love seeing everyone find these dead ends and speculate. I'm not banking my life on anything new but they are my favorite band regardless. :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon, your optimism is infectious. I too don't believe they are done yet. Waiting in relative silence is part of being a fan of BoC!

Dayvan Cowboy
dp wrote:Echelon, your optimism is infectious. I too don't believe they are done yet. Waiting in relative silence is part of being a fan of BoC!

Aww thank you, DP. I just feel we have nothing to lose and everything to gain if we just wait it out. And just imagining the day this site and reddit lose their collective shit when something legit drops is going to be amazing. I'm going to try to be there for it.

It's sometimes fun going back and looking at how everyone reacted to the fresh batch of tracks back in 2013 and I cannot wait to participate in the same thing in the future.

Boqurant
New tweet from 'Mike Sandison' on twitter. I'm sure there was speculation last time regarding whether the account is real or not, But I'm sure this will give you all something to do for a while. https://twitter.com/MikeSandison/status ... 7630771203

Boqurant
The lyrics are from Sweet Bird by Joni Mitchell, apparently.

Posts Quantity
Panem et circenses.

Sherbet Head
"They can never get that close
Guesses at most

Guesses based on what each set
Of time and change is touching"

Acknowledging our flailing in the dark and that they appreciate us caring enough to do it, even though we're way off?

If you look into the rest of the song and taking it literally too.

Calling it non legit though.
You could feel the bullshit

Eagle Minded
What's non legit, the account? And if so, what makes you think that? I think it's straight up legit.

Dayvan Cowboy
MIKE Sandison? C'mon man, even his own damn band doesn't follow him!

Its way fake.

Eagle Minded
Do you realize how insecure it would look if Mike Sandison had the BoC twitter account follow Mike Sandison?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada