GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
qukk_ wrote:We already know that something is coming, and that video post (alongside literally every single fucking insta video post) doesn't dictate it's coming any sooner, so how is this any different?
It isn't.

If anything, I get the impression that they'd rather the fans focus on the music they have made, rather than whatever they haven't.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Boqurant
I get the feeling that all their posts are going to lead to a best of or a box set. Nothing that has been posted is new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dayvan Cowboy
BuShPuPpEt0 wrote:Nothing that has been posted is new.

Because that's how instagram synthy-sound spectacular throwbacks work. Stating the bleeding obvious :roll:
Still promotion at the end of the day, is sharing caring?

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:
Magrathea wrote:Well track record of MDG or PiC has been sheer luck I believe, just like astrology, glib statements that can be interpreted can always be made true afterwards.

Really what bullshit. What do you actually expect? Do they perhaps have to give us all the details of the upcoming album and the full marketing schedule in advance? We are merely getting the information we are allowed to get at the moment. So on the other hand, we might also be happy to have people like PIC and MDG, both closely related to the band, confirm to us that there is something new to come out. :idea:

The Boards of Canada project is definitely not put away yet. :!:
Isn't this great?

And then there's this for some extra backup from official sources:

How does future news & announcements sound to you?

Bleep newsletter quotes:
- No, we don't know when the new BoC album is coming, so let's take a minute to appreciate the incredible impact that their debut long-player had.

- Maybe create a hexagonal altar and pray for their return.

Funny Bleep alluding to new stuff!

I don’t like your tone, if you cannot respect people expressing themselves freely perhaps you ought to do a bit of soul searching.
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Dayvan Cowboy
I’m with Fredd-E the guy is well respected on here and seems to know what he is talking about

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:
If anything, I get the impression that they'd rather the fans focus on the music they have made, rather than whatever they haven't.

Yes, and, the brilliant music made by all sorts of other people, which is what the Societas X tape was all about.

It was pretty brilliant actually I listened to it again the other day and felt myself reflecting on how little recognisable BoC there was in there but how much it had the same kind of magic that's in their music somehow, when you ran it all together. And some of that is the mixing and the production but mostly just if you open your ears and have the right mindset that kind of vibe is all around you.

Magrathea wrote:I don’t like your tone, if you cannot respect people expressing themselves freely perhaps you ought to do a bit of soul searching.

The pot calling the kettle black? I admit that my tone was irritated, sorry, but why do you think that is? Cynicism on this forum simply provokes this kind of reaction from me. However, I always try my best to point out the positive aspects of interesting news that is being shared. Instead of reacting to the tone of my message, it would be better if you respond to it with substance and come to your own understanding. Then, you can join us in looking forward to Boards of Canada's fifth album.

rodox_head wrote:If anything, I get the impression that they'd rather the fans focus on the music they have made, rather than whatever they haven't.

It's even simpler. They're simply tweaking / adding to their profile. Let's be honest 12 posts isn't that much after all and maybe they/Warp just want a little bit more substance/backlog before they drop the new music on there. Because let's not forget they've been pointing their arrows to Instagram and Threads a couple of times lately, so better have a nice looking profile first?

Sherbet Head
The Insta posts are good, Just like their YouTube channel they are acknowledging and appreciating their fans work and loyalty, While many of us at times may feel slightly abandoned by our favourite band, They are showing gratitude to us quite consistently imo

Posts Quantity
It seems that the brothers Sandison are perfectionists, and perfection is the enemy of the good. They ought to stop procrastinating by obsessing over minute details in the mix, and just release some music. I'm sure that many of us agree that some of their best tunes are from those shitty cassette mixes they made early in their career.

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:
Magrathea wrote:I don’t like your tone, if you cannot respect people expressing themselves freely perhaps you ought to do a bit of soul searching.

The pot calling the kettle black? I admit that my tone was irritated, sorry, but why do you think that is? Cynicism on this forum simply provokes this kind of reaction from me. However, I always try my best to point out the positive aspects of interesting news that is being shared. Instead of reacting to the tone of my message, it would be better if you respond to it with substance and come to your own understanding. Then, you can join us in looking forward to Boards of Canada's fifth album.

Wow, just wow, public lynching eh?

What happened to freedom of expression My sad first name homonym? This is a grotesque break of the very spirit of democracy and debate.

I will not be a part of it. This agression feels very ad hominem, and frankly is below what I would expect from you.

Take it to DM, if you wish, peeps need not exposed to drama.

Out to the high road
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Magrathea wrote:Wow, just wow, public lynching eh?

What happened to freedom of expression My sad first name homonym? This is a grotesque break of the very spirit of democracy and debate.

I will not be a part of it. This agression feels very ad hominem, and frankly is below what I would expect from you.

Take it to DM, if you wish, peeps need not exposed to drama.

Out to the high road

I also exercise my freedom of expression by responding critically and with substance to all the cynicism on this forum with regards to Hexagon Sun people and the future of the band. Seeya later!

Boqurant
Any significance to the date 3/16, besides Stone Cold?

Boqurant
BuShPuPpEt0 wrote:Any significance to the date 3/16, besides Stone Cold?

John 3:16 In-Context

“16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

“Angel number 316 comes as a reminder that you are a spiritual being, and your thoughts and actions hold the power to shape your reality. You have a divine purpose that you must work towards fulfilling, and this number is an indication that you are headed in the right direction.”

“This number 316 is called Angel Number because the Angels send you hints, warnings, cautions, and messages of help and assistance in your life journey.”

“Angel Number 316 in Twin Flame tells you about reunion and reformation with your twin Flame as you have been separated.”

“When you keep seeing Angel Number 316 regularly, it is a good sign and an auspicious omen for you.

It brings the message to express your gratitude and to remain thankful to the Angels and Ascended Masters. Number 316 encourages hope, faith, trust, and achievement from your Angels.”

Boqurant
Previous Instagram post was on 2/9

“Angel numbers mixed sequence 2 and 9 show the time you will come to celebrate because you never gave up going after your dreams. Besides, you have to see the difficult situations differently. In other words, the more challenging it is, the more you become stronger.”

“In numerology (or supreme mathematics ), the number 9 represents completion. It is the final stage before birth of a complete life... 9 months in the womb. It is the final number before the number cycle begins repeating itself (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,... 10, 11, 12, etc.).

So the whole 9 yards, to be on cloud 9, dressed to the 9s... completion.”

Posts Quantity
SonicDimension wrote:They ought to stop procrastinating by obsessing over minute details in the mix, and just release some music.

did you really just say that?

:shock:
"R-Worded"

Posts Quantity
hey guys, let's campaign to get Boards of Canada to stop obsessing over minute details.

lol

jus sayin, that's kinda cray cray bruh
"R-Worded"

ColinWallis wrote:
SonicDimension wrote:They ought to stop procrastinating by obsessing over minute details in the mix, and just release some music.

Half-assed BoC > no BoC, right? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The wait is hard, but it will be proven necessary evil.

Eagle Minded
Thank you ColinWallis and Fredd-E for your responses, I was feeling the same sentiments. The cynicism is pretty high in the thread atm. I would just say be patient folks. It's confirmed that something is on the way.

Posts Quantity
ColinWallis wrote:

Many people focus on the creative production techniques that this band uses more than the music itself. While I appreciate the attention paid to all those psychedelic details, I think that the melodies are the most interesting aspect of Boards of Canada.

Even if you believe that the sound design and production are the crucial element of BoC's appeal, the guys certainly don't need to spend more than a decade tweaking to generate a dozen mind-blowing tracks.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada