GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
This is perhaps not the most fitting as of these previous posts, but this entire thread is a masterclass in how to derail a thread :D

Dayvan Cowboy
When you've got nothing to speculate on with the actual band, speculate on their record label who act as cryptically as the band themselves :wink:

But I can stop if you want, mate. Simply trying to speculate on what's going on with Warp and if there might possibly be a BOC release in the works. Because they are acting out of the ordinary
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
No no no, go on! It's all good fun even if we're not always correct in our predictions.

Dayvan Cowboy
bungler666 wrote:No no no, go on! It's all good fun even if we're not always correct in our predictions.

Sure thing! Simply making sure. :)

Though things are even slower than usual. Warp today shared a new video for Long Road Home by Oneohtrix, something that debuted in October. I'm starting to theorize that no one on the label's got anything to share. Perhaps BOC are getting close to finishing something (hence all the likes last year) but then something sent them on a vain quest for a single second of audio again and they're holding everything up :lol:

Sherbet Head
Isn't it possible that there aren't a lot of albums coming out because there's a global pandemic and maybe artists, record label employees, promotional agencies, et al, can't function normally?

Friendly Stranger
Josh wrote:Isn't it possible that there aren't a lot of albums coming out because there's a global pandemic and maybe artists, record label employees, promotional agencies, et al, can't function normally?

yeah, this may play a role. i don't think the pandemic is an issue for most electronic artists who produce their music in their home studios. but maybe the actual physical release process is harder with supply chain strains ? not educated enough on that to know. i work in media post-production and online stuff is flowing somewhat normally. but i don't have experience with physical stuff.
o r a n g e

Posts Quantity
when do you guys think tomorrow's harvest will be released?
chronical wrote:Robots doing robot things

Eagle Minded
Zephyr Method wrote:when do you guys think tomorrow's harvest will be released?

Never.
We will never reach tomorrow. It's going to be today forever
yes, i would love to be free!

Eagle Minded
Just saw the blue dot on the AtalantaFugiens channel. It's gone now
Probably doesn't mean anything

Boqurant
Anyone else see a blue dot on the Hell Interface youtube channel?

Boqurant
NorthSaturnian wrote:Just saw the blue dot on the AtalantaFugiens channel. It's gone now
Probably doesn't mean anything

Since the blue dot signifies new uploads, whats most likely happening is that videos are being uploaded in an unlisted format.

Dayvan Cowboy
10 days til the supposed announcement according to the sketchy reddit guy, (27th on the "hunger moon") so perhaps they're coordinating things behind the scenes?

That's being way too positive, I know. :P

Eagle Minded
debugDolores wrote:Anyone else see a blue dot on the Hell Interface youtube channel?

No dot for me, but someone did post a screenshot on reddit of it. YouTubes notification system is nutritiously buggy so I wouldn’t doubt if something was happening but some of us don’t get the dot.
no information at this moment in time

Boqurant
Roswell wrote:
debugDolores wrote:Anyone else see a blue dot on the Hell Interface youtube channel?

No dot for me, but someone did post a screenshot on reddit of it. YouTubes notification system is nutritiously buggy so I wouldn’t doubt if something was happening but some of us don’t get the dot.

It might be but since it has already happened twice it cannot be just a coincidence.

By the way, first post for me!

Eagle Minded
dolochov wrote:
Roswell wrote:No dot for me, but someone did post a screenshot on reddit of it. YouTubes notification system is nutritiously buggy so I wouldn’t doubt if something was happening but some of us don’t get the dot.

It might be but since it has already happened twice it cannot be just a coincidence.

By the way, first post for me!

Sorry, I should've clarified this but the notification bug is not notifying people when a change has occurred. I don't think YouTube would be letting blue dots fly around willy nilly, so something is definitely happening behind the scenes.

oh, and congrats on the first post :) welcome!
no information at this moment in time

Eagle Minded
No dot for me. I don't think it's a reliable indicator in all honesty. I've seen it appear on a bunch of inactive channels in the past.

Eagle Minded
I saw the dot on AtalantaFugiens just after watching their Julie and Candy video
I immediately checked on my PC and there was no dot (I use different YT accounts on my phone and PC)
I took a screenshot of the dot on my phone, refreshed my page, and it was gone.

I'm 80% sure it's a bug

Eagle Minded
The teasing is unreal

Dayvan Cowboy
It's 50/50. Always was.

Posts Quantity
I'm fairly certain the blue dot signifies you've watched the latest upload of a particular subscription, regardless of when it was actually uploaded.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada