GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Integer wrote:I'm fairly certain the blue dot signifies you've watched the latest upload of a particular subscription, regardless of when it was actually uploaded.

I'm not sure this is the case. There's channels I haven't watched in months with a blue dot on my feed...

Dayvan Cowboy
arvy wrote:It's 50/50. Always was.

Words of wisdom and basically everything we debate on is this. That's how they probably like it.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Well guys, the day is finally upon us. Warp sent a review copy of the fifth album. I lined it up with all the other ones to show you how it looks:

https://ibb.co/93Nrz5j

(This is a joke, but it does fit in nicely with the others :P )

Eagle Minded
Sagan’s Pale Blue Dot

;)

Eagle Minded
Seriously though, if nothing comes out this year, there better be a good excuse.... there have been way too many signals that they would HAVE to know that we would notice and get excited about. It's like the the hot chick flashing her cleavage in the club and wondering why all the bros are following her around..

Dayvan Cowboy
Davism wrote:Seriously though, if nothing comes out this year, there better be a good excuse.... there have been way too many signals that they would HAVE to know that we would notice and get excited about. It's like the the hot chick flashing her cleavage in the club and wondering why all the bros are following her around..

I mean, unless you believe that they're in trouble (which again, we really don't know) Warp have a release window wide open for Feb 26th to May 6th, so perhaps there's going to be something between that.

Either that, or the bros ran into a hold up with their recording, either due to the pandemic or something musical related. But I prefer to be optimistic, at least for now.

But look at it this way, surely there will be a release on the Warp label before the Squid in May. Perhaps, Warp are making their first label release this year something big :D

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
Davism wrote:Seriously though, if nothing comes out this year, there better be a good excuse.... there have been way too many signals that they would HAVE to know that we would notice and get excited about. It's like the the hot chick flashing her cleavage in the club and wondering why all the bros are following her around..

I mean, unless you believe that they're in trouble (which again, we really don't know) Warp have a release window wide open for Feb 26th to May 6th, so perhaps there's going to be something between that.

Either that, or the bros ran into a hold up with their recording, either due to the pandemic or something musical related. But I prefer to be optimistic, at least for now.

But look at it this way, surely there will be a release on the Warp label before the Squid in May. Perhaps, Warp are making their first label release this year something big :D

I really hope so...

Boqurant
part of me feels like they'll do what they did with geogaddi and just release it with not much of a warning or much promo at all. if you think about it, there hasn't been much promo or word from the band anyway, just a few random subscriber blips and the banner change.

Eagle Minded
bakedsodium wrote:part of me feels like they'll do what they did with geogaddi and just release it with not much of a warning or much promo at all. if you think about it, there hasn't been much promo or word from the band anyway, just a few random subscriber blips and the banner change.

Didn't they do a cathedral listening "parties" along with giving away promo 12" copies of Alpha & Omega/Beware The Friendly Stranger? I guess that was a bit closer to the release date (less than a month or so) so still can be argued not much of a warning.

Boqurant
from the reddit speculation thread - BBC 6 radio played Sunshine recorder just now, and Gideon Coe said "Boards of Canada, with whom more on Monday". He probably just means BBC will be playing more BoC on Monday, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Posts Quantity
debugDolores wrote:from the reddit speculation thread - BBC 6 radio played Sunshine recorder just now, and Gideon Coe said "Boards of Canada, with whom more on Monday". He probably just means BBC will be playing more BoC on Monday, but it's interesting nonetheless.

:!: I want to believe!

Dayvan Cowboy
ZosoCon wrote:Didn't they do a cathedral listening "parties" along with giving away promo 12" copies of Alpha & Omega/Beware The Friendly Stranger? I guess that was a bit closer to the release date (less than a month or so) so still can be argued not much of a warning.

They did, but that was right before the album's official release date and there was next to no build up or promotion of it otherwise. Around that time, the band said in an interview they'd prefer it if their music had no promotion at all.

Friendly Stranger
debugDolores wrote:from the reddit speculation thread - BBC 6 radio played Sunshine recorder just now, and Gideon Coe said "Boards of Canada, with whom more on Monday". He probably just means BBC will be playing more BoC on Monday, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Gideon Coe said before playing Sunshine Recorder that there will be a session from Boards of Canada on Monday night's show. I took this to mean a previously recorded session, rather than anything new.

Dayvan Cowboy
Yuyin wrote:

Gideon Coe said before playing Sunshine Recorder that there will be a session from Boards of Canada on Monday night's show. I took this to mean a previously recorded session, rather than anything new.

Likewise to be honest. Let's see what the future brings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000sjh7

Dayvan Cowboy

Bad post in so many ways.

Eagle Minded
Davism wrote:wondering why all the bros are following her around..

Easy answer would be because those bros are ignorant apes from the stone age which fortunately are going extinct.
---
Fuck transphobes

Dayvan Cowboy
bleak. wrote:
Yuyin wrote:

Likewise to be honest. Let's see what the future brings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000sjh7

What does that station normally play? Live music by artists or simply old stuff?

Depending on the answer, it's 50/50!

Dayvan Cowboy
I'll also bring to attention that Mike told Warp in one of his only interviews since 2013 that they had prepared a second session for John Peel in 2004 but he sadly died.

What if this was the second session? Don't want to get anyone's hopes up, simply thought I'd mention it in here.

Posts Quantity
Gideon Coe said "Boards of Canada, with whom more on Monday"

Obligatory writing teacher comment: This is kind of a non-sentence so I’m almost more interested. Is with whom the right phrasing? Playing a track isn’t the same as being with the artist. Did he mean “BOC, whom we will hear from more on Monday?” Either way, I’m listening in to find out.

Dayvan Cowboy
Final thing to add from me. The sketchy reddit fellow claimed that there will be an announcement next week, (Feb 27th) the same week as this BBC airing.

Either things are coinciding, or it'll be another let down as per usual. I'd love for once for things to actually happen and who knows, maybe they will. I put on Tomorrow's Harvest last night, and after 2020, it made me more emotional than I ever felt listening to it, when before I disregarded it as sluggish and gloomy. Maybe they were simply giving us time for TH to sink in before the next chapter opens.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada