GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
I don't think it was too far fetched to think something might be happening given what seemed like multiple independent indicators, some involving official accounts.

And to be fair, there were definitely people who were calling the beginnings of the official TH campaign a hoax.
Couple live jazz Boards of Canada covers of mine can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/ntowbinj

Dayvan Cowboy
sixtyniner wrote:They hated Jesus because he told them the truth.

Something I've realised recently is that the first crumb in the Tomorrow's Harvest ARG was supposed to be found by accident whilst you were enjoying their music, and not by looking into every little bit of detail on their online presence and obsessively pressing F5.

To me, numerology doesn't seem like a very likely form of promotion for the band because it only plays into the most obsessive tropes of the fanbase. I think maybe it's why they got a kick out of sending obsessives on a wild goose chase with the whole Red Moon thing.

I think you're spot on about numerology not being a likely form of promotion for a record. They've never used numerology to choose album dates before, why would they start now?

I don't, however, think the Red Moon thing was a wild goose chase. I think the Twoism crew that attempted to solve the code and ended up in the Pentland Hills got it wrong.

An alternate solution to the code was revealed after the fact - A set of 3 coordinates that centered over a rural area in eastern Scotland. You can find a post here on Twoism from someone who claimed to attend the event and have connections with the band. Whether or not their account was true, the solution they posted checked out.

IMO the best evidence for it was that years later Davy Henderson of The Sexual Objects mentioned in an interview moving to the same town where BoC was based and it was in extremely close proximity to the coordinates in the alternate solution to the code this Twoism member had posted like 6 years previously.

Not gonna repeat the location because I don't want to make it easier for creeps to track down the band, but I think there was probably an actual event that happened there.

Friendly Stranger
Bah! Learn-o

That's what we call you city dwelling academic types around here...

Posts Quantity
SamuraiDrifter wrote:I don't, however, think the Red Moon thing was a wild goose chase. I think the Twoism crew that attempted to solve the code and ended up in the Pentland Hills got it wrong.

An alternate solution to the code was revealed after the fact - A set of 3 coordinates that centered over a rural area in eastern Scotland. You can find a post here on Twoism from someone who claimed to attend the event and have connections with the band. Whether or not their account was true, the solution they posted checked out.

IMO the best evidence for it was that years later Davy Henderson of The Sexual Objects mentioned in an interview moving to the same town where BoC was based and it was in extremely close proximity to the coordinates in the alternate solution to the code this Twoism member had posted like 6 years previously.

Not gonna repeat the location because I don't want to make it easier for creeps to track down the band, but I think there was probably an actual event that happened there.

That's mad, I never knew about that. Xerox's account seems very legit to me, other than knowing how to work out the coordinates, there's details in there which make sense and just seem hard to make up. Especially when you consider he mentioned the guitarist from Franz Ferdinand, who later went on to include Boards in their Late Night Tales compilation.

So consider me wrong on that one, there's a good chance Red Moon happened after all. It just looks like none of the fans managed to properly work it out in time and the only people who managed to make it were friends and friends of friends.

Friendly Stranger
Is Prohibited Broadcasting lurking among us?

https://youtu.be/D4GdN4x7UnE

Sherbet Head
sigh

Dayvan Cowboy
nemophilist wrote:Is Prohibited Broadcasting lurking among us?

https://youtu.be/D4GdN4x7UnE

lol

Eagle Minded
March 2nd is the launch date for the Pioneer Probe, which tbh is slightly more significant than the final transmission date. The only reason we gravitated towards that date was because of the word "transmission" and the rumoured time between TCH and TH, which was debunked.

Also, just listened to Prohibited Broadcasting, I genuinely do not believe that is BoC, it sounds cool, but it really doesn't sound like BoC to me.

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm secretly rooting for someone to predict the date, even if I'm skeptical of any future dates. Why? Simply because I prefer the optimists on here to succeed. Optimism rules!

I think March would be a good time because it's past the new Stereolab album on Feb 26.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Friendly Stranger
demo wrote:Also, just listened to Prohibited Broadcasting, I genuinely do not believe that is BoC, it sounds cool, but it really doesn't sound like BoC to me.

Agreed but it is not bad and they are obviously playing along and likely in one of these forums.

Sherbet Head
Does anyone else think that MDG doesn't post here anymore is because he's in charge of BoC's social media accounts? I've had a hunch for awhile that the increase in social media activity over the past year or whatever is MDG's doing, not Mike and Marcus'. If true, this can be looked at in one of two ways. One, it's not really Mike and Marcus interacting with fans (sad face). Or two, MDG is a much better proxy who is much closer to the source than some random flunky from Warp (cool guy face). Also, if true, it would explain why he doesn't post here as it would be sort of a conflict and definitely put him in an even more difficult spot when people are hounding him for info. I suppose he could be the social media guy and post here without telling us he's running the accounts too, but, again, it would be a tricky balance.

Last thought. I didn't expect the 22nd to bring us anything as I'm programmed as a long time fan to forget about trying to guess their next move because I will always be wrong. It will happen when we least expect it. Kind of like how I have to explain to my kids that Santa doesn't show up with presents until everyone is asleep. Heh.

Friendly Stranger
boredsofcanada wrote:I've seen the blue dot appear next to the AtalantaFugiens channel at least 3 times in a week.

Blue dot?...........Carl Sagan did a show about Earth called "A Pale Blue Dot". Carl Sagan also helped design the Pioneer plaque......Interesting

Posts Quantity

Dayvan Cowboy
nemophilist wrote:Agreed but it is not bad and they are obviously playing along and likely in one of these forums.

Come on, dude.

It's very obviously you.

Dayvan Cowboy
Josh wrote:Does anyone else think that MDG doesn't post here anymore is because he's in charge of BoC's social media accounts? I've had a hunch for awhile that the increase in social media activity over the past year or whatever is MDG's doing, not Mike and Marcus'. If true, this can be looked at in one of two ways. One, it's not really Mike and Marcus interacting with fans (sad face). Or two, MDG is a much better proxy who is much closer to the source than some random flunky from Warp (cool guy face). Also, if true, it would explain why he doesn't post here as it would be sort of a conflict and definitely put him in an even more difficult spot when people are hounding him for info. I suppose he could be the social media guy and post here without telling us he's running the accounts too, but, again, it would be a tricky balance.

MDG confirmed he has access to the Myspace account at one point to help with spam. He almost certainly has access to the other accounts as well.

I've never remotely thought that some "random Warp flunky" is running their social media accounts, though. First of all, a group as mistrustful and careful about their image would never hand the keys to their primary way of interfacing with the public to some label intern. Secondly, BoC aren't enlightened forest shamans that refuse to touch a computer. To me, the idea that the social media accounts aren't actually them is just another way of mythologizing them.

The fact is, they don't like social media (MDG has related as much in the past), but that doesn't change the fact they recognize it's necessary for business purposes- and if they have a social media account representing their band, they're going to at least have control over it.

Hell, I hate social media too. I deleted my personal accounts. I still run professional accounts for my music and my writing because it's necessary for gaining an audience, whether I like it or not.

Eagle Minded
Looks like we have a new Clark album being released in March.

https://www.discotecalaziale.com/002894 ... lake-clark

Friendly Stranger
[/quote]
Come on, dude.

It's very obviously you.[/quote]

Nope. While I do make my own music I'm much too anxious and self conscious to share it with yall. I can't blame you for thinking that though. I just don't like loose ends and its obvious this person has been with us since at least the Catherine Fell hoax. They continue to play off the clues that we seem to find which is at best interesting and at worst a pretty crappy attempt at riding coattails.
Whoever they are, they keep popping up at the most opportune times.

Posts Quantity
08/19/2020 (YouTube) New User “Prohibited Broadcasting” adds video Birdycholae.

The fact is that the C Fell “Lady at the Pier” video description code leads to “Prohibited Broadcasting” video Birdycholae.

Why the relationship between CF and PB?

They must know each other, or be the same person. I asked Geo and he denied that he is PB.

Maybe it’s the BigJimmy, Bigdimitri, BigJesse person as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boqurant
Did you guys know that the Op-z by Teenage Engineering has the plaque image hidden under it's battery? Pretty cool cocidence considering everything that's going on:

I am color blind but the Op-z looks similarly colored to turquoise, or cyan (to my eyes)...

:]

Sherbet Head
I have just been sent a link to a reddit post saying I should be banned for the CFell stuff, fucking lol!

Seriously, how fucking entitled do some kooks have to be to feel this way? I kinda wish I didn't fess up and carry on playing with the deaf as fuck plebs.

I'm joking obviously but come on, get a fucking grip.

Unless there is something concrete or secret promotion that costs money to do then it's not BoC, everything else is dreamt up by us, and that's fine, it gets us through the drought and it's fun.

Anyone that has a problem, i'm here, PM me.
You could feel the bullshit

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada