GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Cyclosa wrote:What in the hell are you guys blabbering about

"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Dayvan Cowboy
I think MDG himself would more likely give an "Ask Me Anything" but considering how scarce he is these days, I'd doubt that too. At least I feel users would be nicer to him than they were 10 years ago if he did do it :)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

So this just happened.
Warp changed their Facebook page banner.
People in the comments already anticipating new boc obviously.

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:I think MDG himself would more likely give an "Ask Me Anything" but considering how scarce he is these days, I'd doubt that too. At least I feel users would be nicer to him than they were 10 years ago if he did do it :)

If anyone would be able to propose this to MDG with any kind of potential for success, I think it would actually be FreddE.

I'd like to believe that if a certain set of terms and conditions were set ahead of an AMA, that hopefully something like this could actually happen.

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:So this just happened.
Warp changed their Facebook page banner.
People in the comments already anticipating new boc obviously.

My prediction (and it's probably wrong) since somebody pointed this out in the facebook comments, it's the color of classic Warp releases in the 90s (think Squarepusher's Port Rhombus) that they might be unleashing some 90s archival releases this year.

Boqurant
Knifeyspooney wrote:
Echelon wrote:I think MDG himself would more likely give an "Ask Me Anything" but considering how scarce he is these days, I'd doubt that too. At least I feel users would be nicer to him than they were 10 years ago if he did do it :)

If anyone would be able to propose this to MDG with any kind of potential for success, I think it would actually be FreddE.

I'd like to believe that if a certain set of terms and conditions were set ahead of an AMA, that hopefully something like this could actually happen.

yeah no, lol

Dayvan Cowboy
My other theory about this new Warp banner on facebook, is it's obviously a placeholder and it will soon be replaced with a new banner featuring a silver mike and marcus in space suits at their new recording studio on mars.

Friendly Stranger
Ask Me Anything doesn't mean answer anything, so I think that I could at least picture it.

Sherbet Head
Why would it be anything other than something Warpy or something for squid? Everything is Squid based and deservedly so. It would be unfair to have all this promotion for them and all of a sudden some BoC clue to steal their thunder.
Nice to be wrong though.
Quite like that Squid tune too.
You could feel the bullshit

Posts Quantity
Gazebo4 wrote:
Cyclosa wrote:What in the hell are you guys blabbering about

Wish this was accurate instead

Dayvan Cowboy
Geogandhi wrote:Why would it be anything other than something Warpy or something for squid? Everything is Squid based and deservedly so. It would be unfair to have all this promotion for them and all of a sudden some BoC clue to steal their thunder.
Nice to be wrong though.

I was joking about the banner, since honestly, I'm kind of amused how Warp posts a blue background and a bunch of people on facebook bring up BOC. (Which is good, hopefully Warp will get the message. jk :lol: )

Sherbet Head
Haha I know man, I was just saying in general about the banner.
You could feel the bullshit

Dayvan Cowboy
hope WARP put the turquose banner soon....

metal cyclosa is killing my vibe

Happy Cycler
Was the banner color change before or after SOPHIE died? If after I am thinking they are simply paying respect.

Eagle Minded
mechanismj wrote:Was the banner color change before or after SOPHIE died? If after I am thinking they are simply paying respect.

before i believe, and guys not to be cynical but they just changed it to the classic warp purple, not sure why anyone thinks this is a special banner at all. RIP SOPHIE though, sad day.
no information at this moment in time

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
Geogandhi wrote:Why would it be anything other than something Warpy or something for squid? Everything is Squid based and deservedly so. It would be unfair to have all this promotion for them and all of a sudden some BoC clue to steal their thunder.
Nice to be wrong though.

I was joking about the banner, since honestly, I'm kind of amused how Warp posts a blue background and a bunch of people on facebook bring up BOC. (Which is good, hopefully Warp will get the message. jk :lol: )

The call for moar BoC from the fans has been steadily intensifying ever since the HI banner. They have to realize that everyone would be willing to drop a decent amount of money for a new album.

mechanismj wrote:Was the banner color change before or after SOPHIE died? If after I am thinking they are simply paying respect.

The day before.

Happy Cycler
Fredd-E wrote:

The day before.

Hmm. Yeah, I dunno. Could mean anything. Now, if it were turquoise...

Dayvan Cowboy
Knifeyspooney wrote:

FreddE has tried to organize something like this in the past and from what I understand, it was denied or the boys/mdg ignored it. Can't remember.

Dayvan Cowboy
Roswell wrote:before i believe, and guys not to be cynical but they just changed it to the classic warp purple, not sure why anyone thinks this is a special banner at all. RIP SOPHIE though, sad day.

Yeah, thinking this has anything to do with new BoC is a massive stretch. Do people think BoC is Warp's only artist or something?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada