Switch to full style
Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Post a reply

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:22 pm

Davism wrote:Do you realize how insecure it would look if Mike Sandison had the BoC twitter account follow Mike Sandison?

Haha which is the sock puppet account? Mike or BOC?

Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:53 pm

I wasn’t implying a sock account. I was saying it’s silly to think that Mike Sandison would have BoC follow himself.

Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:18 am

Davism wrote:I wasn’t implying a sock account. I was saying it’s silly to think that Mike Sandison would have BoC follow himself.

I know. I was just joking. Like which one would be the sock puppet account, the man or the group he's in.

Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:44 am

Ah! Well, definitely the man.

Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:01 am

TBH, I remember reading that Mike struggles with depression and us depressed people love having an outlet on social media to express our thoughts. Sort of to get things off our chest and get people to empathize/sympathize.

Yes, even the legendary IDM gods of organic electronics feel bad every once in a while haha.

For some reason I think this is real. Else Warp would have nixed an account impersonating their top artist. Just as they would not let someone run around Twitter with a Richard D. James account. (I'm sure that Richard would be fine with it, but Warp, probably not haha)

Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:46 am

Also just me theorizing as usual. I'll let what happens next fill in the blanks :)

Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:09 pm

ever since the campfire headphase 7 years has just been 1 day for boc

Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:14 pm

I think it's legit, otherwise WARP or Mike himself would have shown the guy out.

Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:50 pm

I mean some lyrics are a perfect way of sending another message. Gotta good feeling about it

Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:27 am

Navaru wrote:I mean some lyrics are a perfect way of sending another message. Gotta good feeling about it

These lyrics deal with personal freedom. Which is a subject of "A Beautiful Place..." too. If it's really Mike posting, maybe we can actually expect something to happen on the 20th anniversary of the EP.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:50 am

I was very skeptical at first, but I think I'm finally with you guys on this. It's amazing that the account hasn't been debunked at all by now. I wonder if Joyrex over at watmm might have any info on this. If anyone here is a member there (I'm not), please ask him.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:10 pm

Pretty sure the WATMM BoC section is just a place for fans to be snide about Reddit/Twosim users.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:31 pm

Navaru wrote:Pretty sure the WATMM BoC section is just a place for fans to be snide about Reddit/Twosim users.

Well, yes.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:50 pm

Geogandhi wrote:"They can never get that close
Guesses at most

Guesses based on what each set
Of time and change is touching"

Acknowledging our flailing in the dark and that they appreciate us caring enough to do it, even though we're way off?

Very bittersweet lyrics. They could apply to the unpredictability of fate or our own predictions for the future of BOC.

Again, the reason I think this is real is that there were very similar messages in Societas along the lines of "Here in the wind tunnel (Hexagon Sun studios) the fearful forces (BOC) plot their pattern (the next BOC release) by proxy (other artists' music) and one day, we shall know..."

Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:33 pm

looking for clues for a new album seems so unrealistic that im not even sure the other albums were ever actually released

Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:57 pm

It’s becoming slightly masochistic.

Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:02 pm

ColdEarth7 wrote:looking for clues for a new album seems so unrealistic that im not even sure the other albums were ever actually released

Boards of Canada is just an Aphex Twin side project.

Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:54 pm

ColdEarth7 wrote:looking for clues for a new album seems so unrealistic that im not even sure the other albums were ever actually released

Must have been cool to be there when they were releasing albums every three years or so.

Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:10 pm

It seems that Gemini is unavailable on spotify from the album. But if you search it manually you can still listen it. Can somebody confirm?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:32 pm

Works fine in the app
Post a reply