Switch to full style
Discussions related to music in general.
Post a reply

Re: Now Playing:

Sat May 18, 2024 6:44 pm

phpBB [media]

Sun May 19, 2024 1:32 am

phpBB [media]

Sun May 19, 2024 4:37 am

phpBB [media]

Never gave the album a listen cuz for a while I thought all garage rock was "derivative and boring chords," but I'm more open now to certain stuff in that vein what with the post punk & kraut influences

Wed May 22, 2024 4:35 am

Big fan of Carrion Crawler over here

Wed May 22, 2024 6:18 pm

Glen_Glog wrote:Big fan of Carrion Crawler over here

I'll have to add that one to my playlist!

Sat May 25, 2024 3:32 am

phpBB [media]

Sat May 25, 2024 11:00 am

phpBB [media]

Mon May 27, 2024 1:45 am

phpBB [media]

Mon May 27, 2024 2:22 am

phpBB [media]

Mon May 27, 2024 2:59 am

ASYMPTOTE wrote:
phpBB [media]

Honest questions for Explosions in the Sky fans -- do you like Godspeed You! Black Emperor too, or what do you find better or different?

Personally, I've found Explosions in the Sky to be nice background music for soundtracks and passive listening, but not having the same impact as GY!BE as far as demanding more from the listener and provoking deeper thought.

Mon May 27, 2024 3:05 am

Josh wrote:
ASYMPTOTE wrote:
phpBB [media]

Honest questions for Explosions in the Sky fans -- do you like Godspeed You! Black Emperor too, or what do you find better or different?

Personally, I've found Explosions in the Sky to be nice background music for soundtracks and passive listening, but not having the same impact as GY!BE as far as demanding more from the listener and provoking deeper thought.

I was actually gonna post Russian Circles - Memorial. But the cover with THE EARTH IS NOT A COLD DEAD PLACE felt appropriate. I think GYBE is the crown jewel though.

Mon May 27, 2024 3:33 am

ASYMPTOTE wrote:
Josh wrote:
ASYMPTOTE wrote:
phpBB [media]

I was actually gonna post Russian Circles - Memorial. But the cover with THE EARTH IS NOT A COLD DEAD PLACE felt appropriate. I think GYBE is the crown jewel though.

Oooh, I don't know much about Russian Circles, but I see Chelsea Wolfe sings on "Memorial", and I really like a lot of her stuff, so I'm checking this out now. Cool.

Tue May 28, 2024 4:06 am

phpBB [media]

Tue May 28, 2024 11:19 am

Magical
phpBB [media]

Wed May 29, 2024 1:59 am

phpBB [media]

Thu May 30, 2024 12:30 am

phpBB [media]

Thu May 30, 2024 3:12 pm

Nice snippet of societas x - one of the many gems in there.
phpBB [media]

Thu May 30, 2024 9:04 pm

phpBB [media]

Fri May 31, 2024 5:23 am

phpBB [media]

Sun Jun 02, 2024 3:11 am

phpBB [media]
Post a reply