Tool - Fear Inoculum

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

I'm not a huge fan of them generally, but they're....ok? Then again, I was never a big fan of them on their other records either, one or two exceptions aside.

Tell you what I AM interested in though. I saw an interview recently with Danny Carey where he said he'd like them to put an EP out soon as they have other riffs they could work into something interesting. A tighter, more direct and punchy set of songs could be very cool.

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Which exceptions?

Alsi, that sounds like making another Opiate. No qualms here.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Eon Blue Apocalypse is one of my favourite things Adam Jones has done. Mantra, even at a push Faaip de Oiad, all from Lateralus. Useful Idiot is harmless enough from Ænima. Harry Manback and Die Eier Von Satan can be amusing if I'm in the right mood, but mainly get skipped. Lipan Conjuring and Lost Keys sound like an intro tape to Rosetta Stoned and work. The rest.....meh.

Slow down...

In other news, I just saw the price of the new Gibson Les Paul Custom Silver burst (Adam Jones signature edition) re-issue.

Anyone wanna lend me £10k?

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Mexicola wrote:In other news, I just saw the price of the new Gibson Les Paul Custom Silver burst (Adam Jones signature edition) re-issue.

Anyone wanna lend me £10k?

Your best bet there is a crossroads demon.

No,no, no.
My best bet is a new Epiphone Les Paul standard 1960s edition, which I shall be playtesting tomorrow morning ;-)

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
I'm not a Tool fan but I don't get it. Why release an album as a super expensive box set only? It costs 100 dollars here in Sweden. 100 dollars! For a CD! 100 dollar CD! And what you pay for is a shitty screen playing videos!

Agreed.

Slow down...

Friendly Stranger
bungler666 wrote:I'm not a Tool fan but I don't get it. Why release an album as a super expensive box set only? It costs 100 dollars here in Sweden. 100 dollars! For a CD! 100 dollar CD! And what you pay for is a shitty screen playing videos!

Yeah, same price here in Portugal for that edition, absolutely ludicrous.

Btw, favourite tracks off the album are Pneuma and 7empest, haven't listened to it much and it's been a while since last time I heard the album, so I can't really remember anything else that surprised me that much.

I've also wondered about the odd choice of release format for Fear Inoculum. It coincided with them finally putting their back catalogue up on Spotify....yet they didn't give this a physical release people could afford. Give with one hand, take with the other?

MJK claims they aren't deliberately difficult, just bad at promotion. I have to wonder about that. It's seems bloody minded to me.

Slow down...

Previous

Return to This Random Sound