Bicep - Isles

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
Really enjoying this album. Solid working from home soundtrack.

Dayvan Cowboy
Couldn't agree more. Absolutely loving this album. The sound of it is as nostalgia-inducing as BoC for me, although it's obviously drawing from a very different period of time and palette of sounds.

If I had a justifiable reason to drive anywhere right now, I'd have this and Daniel Avery's 'Love + Light' as the soundtrack. :)

Happy Cycler
IanRedpoint wrote:Couldn't agree more. Absolutely loving this album. The sound of it is as nostalgia-inducing as BoC for me, although it's obviously drawing from a very different period of time and palette of sounds.

If I had a justifiable reason to drive anywhere right now, I'd have this and Daniel Avery's 'Love + Light' as the soundtrack. :)

Yeah - it's definitely pushing the nostalgia buttons; definite shades of Orbital & FSoL, even Leftfield in places. I haven't been to a nightclub since about 2009, but my God it made me want to!

I need to revisit Love + Light: I listened to it a lot when it came out, but it hasn't really stuck with me in the same way that Drone Logic did. Lone Swordsman was one of my favourite tunes of last year though, so I should give it another chance...

Loving this so far. Well worth a listen.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
This is, as some might say, an solid collection of absolute bangers. From two Belfast fellas as well, nice.

Eagle Minded
Nice album my favs are X, Apricots and Fir, as overall review is more experimental than the first one but yeh its catchy
Telephasic Workshop

Posts Quantity
I picked this up on vinyl a couple weeks ago. It's outstanding, especially when you're chemically altered :wink:

Friendly Stranger
Bicep are just great. This album is even better than their first album, which was a brilliant debut

Return to This Random Sound