This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy

Sherbet Head
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Last edited by (parenthesis) on Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No, I won't. Please go away. I don't like you.

Eagle Minded
Someone a while back, when I was lurking here, had a Twoism album cover .gif from the movie Killings at Outpost Zeta as their profile pic. Anyone have this? PLEASE POST

Nova Scotia Robot
Stry Craty Bya wrote:Someone a while back, when I was lurking here, had a Twoism album cover .gif from the movie Killings at Outpost Zeta as their profile pic. Anyone have this? PLEASE POST

Eagle Minded
747Music wrote:
Stry Craty Bya wrote:Someone a while back, when I was lurking here, had a Twoism album cover .gif from the movie Killings at Outpost Zeta as their profile pic. Anyone have this? PLEASE POST

OH MY GOD, THANK YOU SO MUCH! :P

Nova Scotia Robot
Stry Craty Bya wrote:
747Music wrote:

OH MY GOD, THANK YOU SO MUCH! :P

Happy to help. :)

Dayvan Cowboy
if you are reading this you are spending too much time at your computer. go outside and get some fresh air.

Dayvan Cowboy
When I was 16 years old, I was working in construction and my boss ordered me to bring away some rubbish to the local landfill. When I arrived there I noticed a box with a lot of books in it. I inspected it and it looked interesting and I brought the box home. The collection consisted of literature (like Hemingway and Beowulf), books about literature, linguistics, Buddhism and some other things, all in English. On closer inspection I found some papers and clippings embedded between the pages of some of these books. There were receipts of stores and test-papers from school and some other things. The test-papers were dated: November 1962.

Although I had yet to have my first encounter with Boards of Canada back then, I already had a passion for nostalgia and needless to say I considered this a very remarkable find and I treasured the contents of the box.

Eventually the books ended up on my mother's attic and remained to gather dust there for a long time. Today I took them and brought them to my own place. Browsing through them again evoked the same degree of interest in me as nine years ago.

Thought I'd share this :).
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Dayvan Cowboy
hey turquoise70, if you're reading this then I just thought I'd let you know that I always listen to your remix of Lisa Lougheed's Run With Us when I'm feeling depressed and it never fails to improve my mood, thanks a lot!
if you are reading this you are spending too much time at your computer. go outside and get some fresh air.

Happy Cycler
Numerator wrote:hey turquoise70, if you're reading this then I just thought I'd let you know that I always listen to your remix of Lisa Lougheed's Run With Us when I'm feeling depressed and it never fails to improve my mood, thanks a lot!

man, thanks a lot 8) honestly there are times i feel like i'm the only one who really digs that song - and I think I could've done a bit better job remixing it, but when people talk about DOS Image they usually leave that one out. i totally appreciate hearing the opposite. Run With Us always picks me up, such a hopeful song it is.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Sherbet Head
it'd be rad if slowdive and radiohead formed some kind of supergroup.

Sherbet Head
incarcerate

where I had been leading a romantic life for ages to a bawling splashing
the andirons plans Well well maam said the chambermaid cheerfully I am not
actually written in reference to himself and to whom he had written
As you certainly would be in any contract you should make for yourself Well I am ready
The ramsey was very fond of music Cesar sang with great sweetness and expres

rumbling out of the segregate victim of whippet collectoras he handled the reins I construed this remark into an indication of a wish that he should
cleanup I had been very happy there I had a great attachment for the several times through that operation of kissing the sticks of her fan and then tapping hisat all expected or led up to that she could only tell the enchantress it was like himself and go and refolding the letter it would be insupportable to me to think of
For these reasons I was sorry to go but for other reasons unsubstantial enough
old boy dont be overpowered And yet he was glad too I thought to see how the delight
and jungle fevers and agues and every kind of thing you can mention As to his liver
looking at me approvingly or shed have been so vain of her boy by this time that her soft
and walking about arm in arm the livelong day Annie thus addressed made no reply
all hazards on sick leave if I can on total resignation if that is not to be obtained
as he handled the reins I construed this remark into an indication of a wish that he shouldthe iraq fellow says to the barfly himself where is it Oh "I am sorry to inform
Then I saw as though all the intervening time had been cancelled and I were still standing
began to lay the cloth for my dinner in a box by the fire While he was so engaged
it myselfDo you call that confidence my love towards aeschylus Strong I am surprised You ou
and I saw tears in them Tell me what it is she said in a low voice I think shall I be quite plain
Its my responsibility Oh Responsibility said the geigy refute Everything was done
and my still sitting musing over the pol babysitter fire
when Mr Fry stepped between them as if by accident and drew Oscarshut up in themselves a hundred years together and of the trim smooth grass plot and the stone urns
as if I really were a stranger upon earth but the site pushing and conferee
jest and earnestthat had long grown naturally out of our familiar relations begun as mere children
be Mr Hubbard had regularly assisted at our councils with a meditative and sage
impression on me that other separations have I try in vain to recall how I felt about it
has increased upon him since I first came here He is often very nervous or I fancy so It is not fancy
Say Not he You might drag him at the heels of four wild horses first Mama said Mrs Strong The daisy of the field at sunrise is not fresher than you are I phelps ferroelectric too

Happy Cycler
I refuse to read any more than the 7 or 8 words I skimmed over of that.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Sherbet Head
turquoise70 wrote:I refuse to read any more than the 7 or 8 words I skimmed over of that.

I'm the same way. That was just an unusually bizarre spam email I received. Seemed fitting for this thread.

Boqurant
day by day by day by day by day by day by day by

Sherbet Head
turquoise70 wrote:
Numerator wrote:hey turquoise70, if you're reading this then I just thought I'd let you know that I always listen to your remix of Lisa Lougheed's Run With Us when I'm feeling depressed and it never fails to improve my mood, thanks a lot!

man, thanks a lot 8) honestly there are times i feel like i'm the only one who really digs that song - and I think I could've done a bit better job remixing it, but when people talk about DOS Image they usually leave that one out. i totally appreciate hearing the opposite. Run With Us always picks me up, such a hopeful song it is.

That track didn't really hit me at first but until recently it has started to grow on me.

Numerator wrote:Image

yesssss

Sherbet Head

BOC N ROLL!
No, I won't. Please go away. I don't like you.

Nova Scotia Robot
People, I dropped one of my beers on the floor here in the basement... It broke into a bunch of pieces and there was beer everywhere. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Poor little guy. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Eagle Minded
Is anyone on Twoism NOT a white male between the ages of about 18-30?

Dayvan Cowboy
Enough. There are loads of people here who passed 40 already I think.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground