This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
woo-of
Last edited by Altruizine on Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posts Quantity
I don't think this deserves a new thread, so here you go:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/07/digital-drugs/

It's got to be a pisstake, as the internet says "Trolling is a artform".
A writer and musician with too much free time on her hands.

My Last.FM profile
Analogue and Digital: A (now-retired) webcomic about electronic music

Dayvan Cowboy
Quillian wrote:I don't think this deserves a new thread, so here you go:

hahahaha
I-doser is an actual website and I have tried some of their *ahem* "digital drugs" but they don't actually have any effects (even after following specific instructions of how to listen to them)
if you are reading this you are spending too much time at your computer. go outside and get some fresh air.

Telepath
Numerator wrote:

hahahaha
I-doser is an actual website and I have tried some of their *ahem* "digital drugs" but they don't actually have any effects (even after following specific instructions of how to listen to them)

yeah. I wanted it to work so bad. the countless of hours spent listening to white noise.
I tried it with weed, dreamachines and everything.
Some very convincing video's on youtube though.

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm going on posting hiatus until the new album comes out
seeya!
if you are reading this you are spending too much time at your computer. go outside and get some fresh air.

Dayvan Cowboy
Numerator wrote:I'm going on posting hiatus until the new album comes out
seeya!

Bye! :(
Wait. You know what I think i'll do this too. See you in hiatus land! :D

Eagle Minded
I'm gone until we have an update too. Bye Twoism!

Nova Scotia Robot
Ya, well I'm staying. Twoism still has lots to offer IMO.

Boqurant
yeah i'm staying, mainly because it's summer and school's over until september so i have 2 months to waste. i've been using omegle recently and it's fucking hilarious some times XD
http://yfrog.com/11omeglelolp

hehe.... (my name's not steve, so it was double fun... MY ROFLCOPTER GOES SOI SOI SOI )

Posts Quantity
Cupz wrote:
Numerator wrote:

hahahaha

yeah. I wanted it to work so bad. the countless of hours spent listening to white noise.
I tried it with weed, dreamachines and everything.
Some very convincing video's on youtube though.

Yeah, I've tried various things like that before. I've even tried hypnosis tapes. Nothing has ever worked.

The closest I've ever had to an altered state is being realllly relaxed when listening to some of the "Electronic listening music" from Warp (Artificial Intelligence, Selected Ambient Works, etc. etc.)

Mind you, it's in those moments where I realised that the "spend half of your life in education and the rest of your life working a full time job" aspiration was a complete waste of life (I'm not a religious man, so I think that what we've got now is it so it would be a shame to waste it). I could see why American media corporations would be scared of music that allows people to see through the bullshit.
A writer and musician with too much free time on her hands.

My Last.FM profile
Analogue and Digital: A (now-retired) webcomic about electronic music

Happy Cycler
747Music wrote:Ya, well I'm staying. Twoism still has lots to offer IMO.

I don't even come here for the BoC connection. My postcount bets that I'm stayin'.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Sherbet Head
that idoser thing used to fuck me up. id take a couple of valerian root pills and just zone out to that shit for hours.

Dayvan Cowboy
Numerator wrote:I'm going on posting hiatus until the new album comes out
seeya!

well that was silly
I just realised I'm so sad I couldn't actually not want to post here :lol:
oh well
bring on one on twoism vol.4!

Happy Cycler
YEAH that's fucking right, I'm starting this here.

Why? Why in god's name would I ask people "Hey, why does everyone foam at the mouth when anyone mentions Pendulum?" when I KNOW very well what the answer /anywhere else/ would be?

Because I hold out hope that I will be able to get a reasonable response here. Because I admire and adore Twoism for its unique take on everything I can't get anywhere else on the internet.

I like Pendulum.

I should put that comment in context: I don't care about DnB, I don't belong to any 'scene' and never have, I've never raved, the "culture" of the music doesn't matter to me one way or the other, I don't make any distinction between "mainstream" and "underground", blah, blah, blah, blah, fucking BLAH.

Why do I like it? Because it's catchy and has pretty melodies. Because I can listen to it. That's.... really that's it. When did that become a non-reason? Why, because it sounds pleasant to me and that's the only reason I need to expend the HALF A CALORIE OF ENERGY IT TAKES TO CLICK 'PLAY' AND ENJOY IT IN MY EARHOLES, does someone somewhere on the internet have to have a stroke and scream "YOU NOB THAT'S SHITE MUSIC FOR BABIES"?

Man.... I hate everyone. Dammit. Blah.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Dayvan Cowboy
turquoise70 wrote:YEAH that's fucking right, I'm starting this here.

Why? Why in god's name would I ask people "Hey, why does everyone foam at the mouth when anyone mentions Pendulum?" when I KNOW very well what the answer /anywhere else/ would be?

Because I hold out hope that I will be able to get a reasonable response here. Because I admire and adore Twoism for its unique take on everything I can't get anywhere else on the internet.

I like Pendulum.

I should put that comment in context: I don't care about DnB, I don't belong to any 'scene' and never have, I've never raved, the "culture" of the music doesn't matter to me one way or the other, I don't make any distinction between "mainstream" and "underground", blah, blah, blah, blah, fucking BLAH.

Why do I like it? Because it's catchy and has pretty melodies. Because I can listen to it. That's.... really that's it. When did that become a non-reason? Why, because it sounds pleasant to me and that's the only reason I need to expend the HALF A CALORIE OF ENERGY IT TAKES TO CLICK 'PLAY' AND ENJOY IT IN MY EARHOLES, does someone somewhere on the internet have to have a stroke and scream "YOU NOB THAT'S SHITE MUSIC FOR BABIES"?

I don't like Pendulum, but hey, if they pleasure your auditory senses then that's all that matters. Fuck what anybody else thinks!
Please 'Like' the Retronym Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/retronymlabel if you enjoy our free releases, spread the word! http://www.retronym.co.uk

Eagle Minded
Me and my friend are hosting a webcam/radio session, check us at

http://www.stickam.com/sirphreak

Sherbet Head
BrandNewRetro wrote:
turquoise70 wrote:YEAH that's fucking right, I'm starting this here.

I like Pendulum.

I don't like Pendulum, but hey, if they pleasure your auditory senses then that's all that matters. Fuck what anybody else thinks!

Word. Here's a funny little anecdote, I was at a friend's house, and my friends and I were messing about on his computer and they were putting on drum n bass stuff on Youtube. He comes into the room and goes "You think that's drum and bass? THIS is drum and bass" and sticks on some Pendulum song! (And not any of their earlier stuff too)

Also, lol @ people on hiatus

Dayvan Cowboy
oh, get me another tie, get me another shirt, get me another wooly. eevvveerryyy ddaaaayyyyy

Sherbet Head
I would like to announce that Eurohike make she biggest pieces of shit tents I have ever encountered

I know how to put up a tent and have done so for many years, have been to festivals and camping numerous times and was a member of scouts for 4 years. I decided to break this 3 man tent in so put it up and 2 fucking rips appeared on the outer sleeves. I then gathered it back in, noticed another big rip on the base sheet, and then after putting it back in -and it's never a great fit second time- the zip came off while pulling it to!

GAY

Boqurant
saurus wrote:I would like to scream that Euromike make the biggest shits I have ever encountered

I don't know how to put up a tent and have done so for many years, have been to monkeys and camping 0 times and was not a member of scouts for 35 years. I decided to break this 2 woman tent in so put it up and 0 fucking trips appeared on the inner pantlegs. I then gathered it back in, noticed another big trip on the ass sheet, and then after putting it back out -and it's always a fit second time- the ip address came off while pushing it to!

HOMOSEXUAL

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground