This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Spenner wrote:Image

That reminds me of this movie project my mom's ex boyfriend was doing, I have no idea what happened to it but it was about a blob of shaving cream that hypnotized some guy into killing people :lol:

Sherbet Head
does anyone else find that they never like music the first time they hear it? like, i ll be like "oh this is cool" but i dont really "get it" until the second or third listen even if it months later.
http://91plus.bandcamp.com/
^FREE ALBUM^

<i> how strange it is to be anything at all </i>

Sherbet Head
ninetyoneplus wrote:does anyone else find that they never like music the first time they hear it? like, i ll be like "oh this is cool" but i dont really "get it" until the second or third listen even if it months later.

Yeah, more often than not. And songs I like upon first listen, I will overplay for a week and then get bored and never want to hear it again.

Sherbet Head
I'm seeing Deftones play their first show at The Paramount here in Seattle tonight. Just found out a few hours ago my boyfriend got me backstage passes. I could not be any happier right now.

Nova Scotia Robot
krs wrote:I'm seeing Deftones play their first show at The Paramount here in Seattle tonight. Just found out a few hours ago my boyfriend got me backstage passes. I could not be any happier right now.

Nice! Deftones are great! Have you heard their cover of the Cars song Drive?

Listen to it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHiP3_-N0Vc

Sherbet Head
Yeah, they did a really good job of that. Just got back from the show and it was AMAZING. Not that you guys needed to know that.

Dayvan Cowboy
krs wrote:Yeah, they did a really good job of that. Just got back from the show and it was AMAZING. Not that you guys needed to know that.

oh hai there william burroughs, you legend!
if you are reading this you are spending too much time at your computer. go outside and get some fresh air.

Sherbet Head
Numerator wrote:
krs wrote:Yeah, they did a really good job of that. Just got back from the show and it was AMAZING. Not that you guys needed to know that.

oh hai there william burroughs, you legend!

GOT ANY SMACK? :oops:

Sherbet Head
Julian Candy wrote:

That reminds me of this movie project my mom's ex boyfriend was doing, I have no idea what happened to it but it was about a blob of shaving cream that hypnotized some guy into killing people :lol:
This was used in some smashing pumpkins video. I think, it may have been something else but very similar. Dunno where they got it from.

Eagle Minded
"He might have written the testament only to harass a one-time mistress, so cynically sure of being wiped out he could throw away all hope of anything more. Bitterness could have run that deep in him. She just didn't know. He might himself have discovered The Tristero, and encrypted that in the will, buying into just enough to be sure she'd find it. Or he might even have tried to survive death, as a paranoia; as a pure conspiracy against someone he loved."

I fucking love Pynchon.

Sherbet Head
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejRJrRTYmTs#t=1m23s

I fucking love this shit. It's amazing.
http://91plus.bandcamp.com/
^FREE ALBUM^

<i> how strange it is to be anything at all </i>

Sherbet Head
Vexille wrote:
Julian Candy wrote:

This was used in some smashing pumpkins video. I think, it may have been something else but very similar. Dunno where they got it from.

This films on archive.org I think. Its about a group of people that build a rocket/giant bullet type thing to take them to the moon. But the moons got all of these weird goblin type creatures that live on it, which the main character kills with his umbrella, iirc. Then they get back in the bullet and fall under gravity back to earth. A totaly wierd film tbh.

Im sure that film did inspire the smashing pumpkin video, and probably also the moon from the mightyboosh.

Sherbet Head
Just found out Encyclopedia Dramatica has been deleted. That's some bullshit right there.

Sherbet Head
Did anyone else have an AWESOME Record Store Day?! I scored some awesome vinyl for cheap!!!

Sherbet Head
Currently stoned and wishing there was an easier way to post to the board from an android phone. :(

Sherbet Head
Today is a great fucking day. Just bought two hits of Lucy and plan on heading down to the park later with my headphones on. It's a BoC kinda day.

Happy Cycler
That random thread.

Sherbet Head

Dayvan Cowboy
Julian Candy wrote:Just found out Encyclopedia Dramatica has been deleted. That's some bullshit right there.

try http://www.ohinternet.com/

Happy Cycler
i'm putting in my two weeks notice at work tomorrow. kinda scared to be jobless again, but this job is getting worse by the day and my boss has promised me that in the coming months it will only get worse.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground