THE ANGRY RANT THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Cupz wrote:I just want to twiddle knobs and hear what sound it makes and the combination of multiple twiddled knobs sound together.
This is what I want to do as well, but my knowledge is too poor for it. It's why I like to be shown some direction, so I can figure things out like "oh so this is how the LFO affects the reverb sound" and so forth. I think you also apply some knowledge to this twiddling, even if you keep it as random as possible.

Happy Cycler
firstly, CUPZ HENDRIK NO I LOVE YOU DONT LEAVE EVER PLEASE HUGS HUGS HUGS

and Basedgodfree, you're you. You have good intentions. Many people hear a song and want to do what they hear in the song. A lot of people don't hear stuff in their head like we do.

Fianlly Betterthanyokids, I have never ever visited reddit in my life, and I actually feel proud of myself.

Happy Cycler

Happy Cycler
......and so our lurch to the far right continues.

This week the British government has:

Live-tweeted the arrests (complete with photos) of SUSPECTED illegal immigrants (and labelled them as "offenders")

Introduced a "stop and search" programme at underground stations in London looking for suspected illegal immigrants (not intelligence-led; the criteria for suspects seems to be "has brown skin").

Introduced a poster campaign advising illegal immigrants to "go home"*

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

* - as context for those outside the UK, the phrase "go home" is not as innocuous as it sounds; it was a slogan used by the far right for years as in "[minority group] go home!" spray painted and chanted. It is a phrase with cultural weight.

Eagle Minded
Just found out Mom has cancer. Seriously life, what the fuck?
member of pablo col.
https://www.pacol.bandcamp.com

Friendly Stranger
Betterthanyourkids wrote:Just found out Mom has cancer. Seriously life, what the fuck?

sorry man, hope it all works out

Sherbet Head
Betterthanyourkids wrote:Just found out Mom has cancer. Seriously life, what the fuck?

I'm so sorry :( that really sucks.

My rant is stupid, but I fucking cannot stand it when people are fucking assholes to people in the service industry and treat them like garbage. There was this really picky lady in front of me at the dunkin donuts and she kept turning to me and making rude remarks about the employees and how stupid they were and that's why they work at dunkin donuts etc etc and I was having a bad day anyway and I stormed out and was like "you know lady, you're a real bitch"

I never do shit like that, but seriously, this is me today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4o8TeqKhgY
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Sherbet Head
Limp bizkit is the worst but this really hits the spot sometimes
http://m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=u2u8r4nq#/watch?v=ZpUYjpKg9KY
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Dayvan Cowboy
rainier wrote:I never do shit like that, but seriously, this is me today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4o8TeqKhgY

Well call me Vercetti!

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:You should just buy some hardware, destroy your computer and move to a place in the middle of nowhere, where you have to drive 2 hours just to buy some flour, shut the blinds and make tunes.
You should think about leaving the internet, as I am too.

This.

Been having the exact same thoughts a lot recently.

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:
WeHadNormality wrote:I'M 34 NEXT MONTH AND I STILL CAN'T GROW A F**KING BEARD!

39 and ditto. Gave up long ago. Some things just aren't meant to be.

Ha, glad I'm not the only one. I've just been telling myself I'm further up the evolutionary chain or some shit like that.
:D

Eagle Minded
Sorry to butt into your thread but just was curious

can't work it out how to quote yet, so I am just gonna say
that, that's a very interesting conversation WeHadNormality and Cupz

things about that will be in my story too....maybe youre starseeds of something...not sure,
but been doing loads of paranormal/metaphysics research recently and will try to explain it all
in my story, good day, and forgive me for butting in plz x

Eagle Minded
and Mexicola i meant, sorry

Happy Cycler
Fuck this week man. Seriously.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
Diagnosed with tardive dyskinesia :( :(
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Happy Cycler
Guido wrote:Diagnosed with tardive dyskinesia :( :(

Shit man, just read up what that is. Doesn't sound nice. Hope you're okay! sending my best.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
fujee wrote:
Guido wrote:Diagnosed with tardive dyskinesia :( :(

Shit man, just read up what that is. Doesn't sound nice. Hope you're okay! sending my best.

Thanks. It's only in its beginning stages and aside from bruxism during the day I only have the typical symptoms when I'm on the verge of waking up from sleeping. My psychiatrist said that although it isn't a classical case, my symptoms are sufficiently similar to tardive dyskinesia to diagnose me with it, especially given the fact that I've been taking neuroleptic medication for 9 years. However, he said it looks good prognostically and I'm going to gradually lower my intake of the medication that caused it to zero so as to attempt to halt the progression of the disease. The symptoms are bearable at the moment and I don't really care much about them but my only fear is that it will progress into a more severe and debilitating form.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Friendly Stranger
Oh my. What an excellent area to vent out my depression.

I'll have to return on one of those days.
The-Artist-64 of deviantART, tumblr and elsewhere. Just a Boards of Canada fan trying to unlock the secrets and origin of the band. A retro person in the modern age.

Dayvan Cowboy

Happy Cycler
That is absolutely horrific.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground