This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

fujee wrote:Lens Larque is suspiciously missing these days.

Careful. He's like Rumpelstiltskin. Say his name three times and he'll appear.

In other news, I was dragged to a church to our (devout Christian) friend's 'dedication' for their new daughter. All very happy-clappy, tamborine bashing and reaching to the ceiling with eyes shut.

Felt about as comfortable as lamb in the slaughterhouse. Had the urge to yell: 'Jesus Hairy Christ - I don't think much of the house band' but I sat and squirmed my way through to keep my (also athiest) wife happy and in with her new friend.

:?

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Funny you say that, one of my housemates at uni has converted. He invited me to his baptism which was this morning. I politely declined. Don't think i'd be too comfortable with being there.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Lens Larque is like the crazy family member you love and adore at holidays. :) :P

Happy Cycler
Haha I do distinctly remember the "where does the magic come from" thread where the original poster was going off on one about some cosmic alignment to the band. Then someone, think it was Rodheh, mentioned that Lens is pale in comparison to this person. Then he replied "you're on your own" or something. His funniest and most coherent reply.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
Julian Candy wrote:It's only the first day of my thanksgiving break and I'm already depressed from boredom.

get off the computer and take a walk. i feel that way sometimes, and it really helps to get one's endorphin flowing somehow.
Valotonin wrote:Celebrate collapse because it will be beautiful x

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:Had the urge to yell: 'Jesus Hairy Christ - I don't think much of the house band'

So they weren't much compared to SOTL, then? :lol: :D
Valotonin wrote:Celebrate collapse because it will be beautiful x

pianoforte wrote:
Mexicola wrote:Had the urge to yell: 'Jesus Hairy Christ - I don't think much of the house band'

So they weren't much compared to SOTL, then? :lol: :D

To be fair, the last time two times I've been in a church was to see SOTL. There were distinctly fewer tambourines... :wink:

Slow down...

Site Admin
Life is a Frequency

Happy Cycler

Hahaha!

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:Funny you say that, one of my housemates at uni has converted. He invited me to his baptism which was this morning. I politely declined. Don't think i'd be too comfortable with being there.

i think you're in the closet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN9AJj9rtlk

:)

Happy Cycler
louise wrote:
fujee wrote:Funny you say that, one of my housemates at uni has converted. He invited me to his baptism which was this morning. I politely declined. Don't think i'd be too comfortable with being there.

Haha, thats a Christmas song. Nothing to do with Christianity right?

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:
louise wrote:

Haha, thats a Christmas song. Nothing to do with Christianity right?

well i thought thats why it was your ringtone? didnt realise you were just feeling festive..

Happy Cycler
yeah only 6 weeks !

then someone's birthday!

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:yeah only 6 weeks !

then someone's birthday!

making it sound like you and jc are close there haha x

Happy Cycler
louise wrote:

then someone's birthday!

I meant someone closer to home ahem :wink:

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:
louise wrote:

then someone's birthday!

I meant someone closer to home ahem :wink:

ssshhhh if we dont acknowledge it it wont happen xx

Happy Cycler

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SzGUVtHHRE

Haha, this is so weird!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zr7qta-d6g

just for the title :) haha x

Sherbet Head

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground