This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
Good luck on shifting that at 5k...
When we come home, we want it quiet and calm,
We want you to sing us a song.

Dayvan Cowboy
If you could be told what you can see or read than it follows you can be told what to say or think

6010 new Aquarius

Dayvan Cowboy
Jeff Hanneman from Slayer has passed away.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Happy Cycler
Guido wrote:Jeff Hanneman from Slayer has passed away.

So did Chris Kelly of Kris Kross. Crazy.

Dayvan Cowboy
I found this a while ago... http://www.antarctic-circle.org/valmar.htm

A huge list of songs that relate in some way to Antarctica, which contains reference to my track on One on Twoism 4.

Cray-zeh stuff.

Sherbet Head
I saw and felt a meteorite crash a couple weeks ago and I'm still ridiculously excited about it, I feel the impulse to tell everyone I see.

Sherbet Head
In other news I was just sitting here with my headphones on and was singing the synth part of ROYGBIV loudly with funny mouth sounds forgetting that now that it's spring I have all the windows open and all my neighbors can hear me. I sang it twice, because the first time didn't sound quite right.

Dayvan Cowboy
rainier wrote:In other news I was just sitting here with my headphones on and was singing the synth part of ROYGBIV loudly with funny mouth sounds forgetting that now that it's spring I have all the windows open and all my neighbors can hear me. I sang it twice, because the first time didn't sound quite right.

I have a tendency to sometimes do the following things in the shower (mainly when home alone) that I don't even bother to stop doing when I realise the window's open:

-- Lengthy swear-filled rambling monologues that go nowhere and usually repeat this one joke very frequently ("I wouldn't write home about it, cause I live there so I'll just tell them when work's over").

-- Saxophone solos with my voice

-- Emotive contemporary R'n'B songs about whatever I'm doing in the shower at that time

-- Autechre / general glitch impersonations

I don't know if I should feel ashamed to look the neighbours in the eye.

Eagle Minded
Treefingers wrote:
rainier wrote:In other news I was just sitting here with my headphones on and was singing the synth part of ROYGBIV loudly with funny mouth sounds forgetting that now that it's spring I have all the windows open and all my neighbors can hear me. I sang it twice, because the first time didn't sound quite right.

I have a tendency to sometimes do the following things in the shower (mainly when home alone) that I don't even bother to stop doing when I realise the window's open:

-- Lengthy swear-filled rambling monologues that go nowhere and usually repeat this one joke very frequently ("I wouldn't write home about it, cause I live there so I'll just tell them when work's over").

-- Emotive contemporary R'n'B songs about whatever I'm doing in the shower at that time

Indeed, a person has not lived until they've yelled Gantz Graf at the top of their lungs. Quite satisfying.
You're gonna carry that weight.

Dayvan Cowboy
OverTheHorizonRadar wrote:
Treefingers wrote:

Indeed, a person has not lived until they've yelled Gantz Graf at the top of their lungs. Quite satisfying.

:D

Did it at school a couple of times, I remember. Me and my friend also used to do the Isaac Hayes sample that's used by Portishead and Tricky in German lessons.

Dayvan Cowboy
Had a quite good recording made today, sampling 'Strange Mercy' by St. Vincent. Unfortunately lost most of it because the plug accidentally came out of the TASCAM before it was all saved. Just have crappy secondary recordings (that I was going to implement into the good-sounding primary).

D'oh.

Eagle Minded
Does anyone else just go to random remote locations on google maps and see if you there's any of those blue dots that let you see pictures people have taken there?
You're gonna carry that weight.

Posts Quantity
All the time. Sometimes I spend like 20 minutes on google maps just navigating my way around a town somewhere in the world.

Sherbet Head
So we're doing a document-based essay on school sports programs and I noticed something.
Ironically, this article is against school sports programs :lol:

Posts Quantity
Julian Candy wrote:So we're doing a document-based essay on school sports programs and I noticed something.
Ironically, this article is against school sports programs :lol:

that's a real hoot i'll tell ya hwat

Posts Quantity
hank hill is really devo

i don't have paint.exe so i can't draw some yellow shit over his clothes

Posts Quantity
The Sonic CD soundtrack sometimes sounds a lot like 808 State circa "Ninety", specifically the track "Pacific"... very similar sound palette.

Dayvan Cowboy
Last edited by WeHadNormality on Sat May 18, 2013 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dayvan Cowboy

Sherbet Head
I started having cluster headaches again for the first time in almost 8 years and now I am in constant fear that I'm going to have one. For anyone who doesn't know what these are, they're basically the most excrutiating headache you could possibly have, like having an icepick bored through your skull.

The weirdest part is that the last time I had an episode of these was right before the campfire headphase came out and I was listening to my whole boc collection in entirety, which I'm going through again, and I sort of wonder if one of their songs triggers it. That would be fucked up.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground