This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
mono wrote:The Sonic CD soundtrack sometimes sounds a lot like 808 State circa "Ninety", specifically the track "Pacific"... very similar sound palette.

Assume you're referring to the original Europe / Japan version soundtrack, in which case, definitely yeah.

Various elements evoking "Pacific" seem to be scattered across a bunch of the tracks; sometimes with the instrument sounds, sometimes the chords. There's one particular track which played on the unlocked DA sound test screen (Little Planet tune, I think?) which I always thought sounded like an obvious nod to Pacific's chord sound right from the get go - they even put chirping bird noises in!

Dayvan Cowboy
Epic Meal Timeeeeeeeeeee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GlZwdrBOUQ

Mmmmmmmm.

Happy Cycler
jakestott wrote:Epic Meal Timeeeeeeeeeee

Mmmmmmmm.

Don't you find that channel absolutely revolting?
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
RIP Ray Manzarek :(
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Dayvan Cowboy
fujee wrote:

Mmmmmmmm.

Oh, absolutely. It's still fun to watch!

Happy Cycler
jakestott wrote:
fujee wrote:

Mmmmmmmm.

Oh, absolutely. It's still fun to watch!

Haha true :lol:
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy

Sherbet Head
I find that video kind of adorable. It reminds me so much of the videos me and my friends made 20 years ago. Or actually even the ones we made 3 years ago haha.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

I just watched that entire video..it made me chuckle. :D

Sherbet Head
Nice! I love magic!
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Dear 747music: LOL.
Dear BoC-Stone with bearface carved into it: LOL.

:lol:

Sherbet Head
2020k wrote:Dear 747music: LOL.
Dear BoC-Stone with bearface carved into it: LOL.

:lol:

Haha that rock totally looks like a weird teddybear. I wish we could make an emoticon of it.

Posts Quantity
just stumbled across Rinko Kawauchi's phototgraphy. She certainly has a 'boc' aesthetic, especially the Iluminance series:

Dayvan Cowboy
That second photo is flipping beautiful. As are the others, but the second's reeeallly something

Happy Cycler
I miss the old quiet Twoism, I am so confused by the 90 page plus threads in the BoC section.

Where are all the Twoism regulars? You're all buried within the confusion/hubbub.

Sherbet Head
It'll quiet down in a bit probably. Hope I'm not causing any problems. I like it here :)

In random news, I bought the cutest butternut squash tonight and I'd almost rather make it a wee hat than eat it.

Happy Cycler
Haha I was only kidding, and of course you're welcome here! At least you're posting in the other forum sections too! :)

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:Haha I was only kidding, and of course you're welcome here! At least you're posting in the other forum sections too! :)

I am still here kind of. I must admit I am a bit put off too but hey ho

Dayvan Cowboy
Remember Boards of Canada?

Well they're back

In Pog form

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground