This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Nova Scotia Robot
2020k wrote:Dear 747music: LOL.
Dear BoC-Stone with bearface carved into it: LOL.

:lol:

Dear 2020k: your awesome. 8)

Happy Cycler
I am so hung over, absolutely unreal headache :cry:
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Eagle Minded
Anyone in the UK with Sky Digital? Manually tune to:

Freq: 12.643 Polarisation: V

Symbol Rate: 27.5

FEC 2/3

And of the returned channels, save those named '54380' and/or '54381'

You can view a limited broadcast of a BBC Digital Widescreen Test Transmission from the archives, way back in 1998.

Lovely shots of Cornwall and classic music from none other than Aphex Twin!
Last edited by Betacord on Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I make that around 15 mins without anyone posting. Ahhhh! Just like the good olds days.
I feel order has been resumed to the World :wink:

Slow down...

Posts Quantity

Happy Cycler
Just got a copy of Untrue by Burial on vinyl for 5 pounds, brand new as well! bargain!
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Happy Cycler
Christ alive! I've just been over to the BoC board...

I'm reminded of my favourite pub in Newcastle (I'm sure I've told this story before). It's small, has a fantastic free jukebox (there's such a backlog, you can choose your tunes and come back 3 days later to hear them) and does a fantastic pint of Guinness. The clientele is a mix of students, hipster-y/boho types and trainee nurses from the hospital up the road. Really nice, chilled out little pub. At the bottom of the stairs, in gold type on a pink background, is a sign:

"BE NICE TO EACH OTHER. DON'T BE A TWAT."

Can we get something similar for here?

It's the Alzado-factor. He'll scuttle off again in a bit. :lol:

Slow down...

Nova Scotia Robot
Hey Mexicola, when did you pass me in posts?? Good on ya fella. 8)

Dayvan Cowboy
Betacord wrote:Anyone in the UK with Sky Digital? Manually tune to:

Freq: 12.643 Polarisation: V

Symbol Rate: 27.5

FEC 2/3

And of the returned channels, save those named '54380' and/or '54381'

You can view a limited broadcast of a BBC Digital Widescreen Test Transmission from the archives, way back in 1998.

Lovely shots of Cornwall and classic music from none other than Aphex Twin!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyqmMzSJ3hc :)

A beautiful mix of English coastline in the summer time and Various Tracks from Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works I and II.

This used to be on a constant loop on Terrestrial Digital TV Test Channel and for what I have found out about it was made in 1998 as a test of the new 16:9 cameras and the equipment to encode the video for broadcast looking at how it would cope with fast movement, rippling water and other banes of digital video compression.

Dayvan Cowboy
A_Northern_Soul wrote:(there's such a backlog, you can choose your tunes and come back 3 days later to hear them)

Wow... nice... haha ;)

747Music wrote:Hey Mexicola, when did you pass me in posts?? Good on ya fella. 8)

Yeah, come on man - keep up!! :lol:

Slow down...

Boqurant
My bathroom smells like flame grilled steak McCoys crisps and I have no idea why.
When we come home, we want it quiet and calm,
We want you to sing us a song.

Posts Quantity
Betacord wrote:
mono wrote:The Sonic CD soundtrack sometimes sounds a lot like 808 State circa "Ninety", specifically the track "Pacific"... very similar sound palette.

Assume you're referring to the original Europe / Japan version soundtrack, in which case, definitely yeah.

Various elements evoking "Pacific" seem to be scattered across a bunch of the tracks; sometimes with the instrument sounds, sometimes the chords. There's one particular track which played on the unlocked DA sound test screen (Little Planet tune, I think?) which I always thought sounded like an obvious nod to Pacific's chord sound right from the get go - they even put chirping bird noises in!

Yeah, that one's brilliant! Pretty much everything from the beats to the birds are on the soundtrack... do you know anything about these sounds, by the way? The pad and the bass are quite beautiful.

As for the chirping birds, I remember reading someone commenting on Youtube that he was making a documentary film (?!) on that particular sample, which you can also hear in that Sueño Latino remix of E2E4 (I believe it's the exact same sample...) I guess it was just a joke but I do wonder where it came from.

Posts Quantity
Anyone else avoiding the 'Boards of Canada' forum altogether these crowded days?

Happy Cycler
i literally just said the same thing in a different thread

;_;

#feel4ttk

Happy Cycler
The Playground is the refuge!

Dayvan Cowboy
It's like awkwardly going through the lounge to get a snack when whoever you live with is having a big party, with loads of friends over who you don't know.

Happy Cycler
Treefingers wrote:It's like awkwardly going through the lounge to get a snack when whoever you live with is having a big party, with loads of friends over who you don't know.

Jesus been in that situation at Uni so many times.

Sherbet Head
I've been avoiding the BoC section since after my first year here.

Man, I barely post these days. Has anyone missed me? I never post much anyway, nor do I get many responses. I'm like the invisible man, it's incredible how you can see right through me.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground