This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Has anyone else been having cookie issues with this site? I keep getting logged out, regardless of "remember me"
cool artists: the flaming lips|tame impala|telegraphy|shortwaves|MIWON

Happy Cycler
Captain obvious here, but headphones are THE way to listen to music. Since getting my new AKG's I haven't even turned my computer monitors on. The only speakers I have used are for my turntable. It just feels like a completely different experience without headphones, more imposing but less personal/introspective I guess..
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Sherbet Head
I keep getting logged out too.

Yeah, I looove headphones. For some reason I wasn't using them for years, and now that I've got a decent pair I went back and listened to a bunch of music I'd never heard on headphones and it's a whole new experience.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Dayvan Cowboy
an excellent article on one of my favorite subjects: http://architettestudios.com/Blog/2011/ ... e-letters/
Valotonin wrote:Celebrate collapse because it will be beautiful x

Dayvan Cowboy
Cool as hell:
http://m.theatlantic.com/international/ ... nt/283341/

If we assume the government doesn't keep copy of private keys then that's really the most amazing thing.

Happy Cycler
So today has been

Holy Fuck! That's amazing!

Holy Fuck! That's awful!

*pours wine*

Happy Cycler
A_Northern_Soul wrote:
*pours wine*

What's new? :wink: 8)
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

A_Northern_Soul wrote:So today has been

Holy Fuck! That's awful!

*pours wine*

OK, so judging by your FB status earlier this evening, clearly SOMETHING is happening.
What's occurring dude?!? 8) :lol:

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
^ heh, yeah - yesterday was quite eventful.

The 1st "Amazing" was re Little_A_Northern_Soul #1 - I don't think I've gone into detail here or elsewhere (although I do recall posting here from a camp bed next to him in the children's hospital), but last yeah the wee dude caught Rotavirus, which was hellish enough, but as a result then developed a VERY serious condition whereby his immune system was severely compromised so any illness he caught could have very serious & very dangerous consequences. Found out yesterday that his immune system has totally rallied and he has probably grown out of it.

The "awful" was regarding one of our cats: She's been ill a lot recently and was yesterday diagnosed with (probably inoperable) cancer in her spine. Speaking to the vet hospital today to see what, if anything, they can do. It'll most likely be what can we do to keep her comfortable until the illness reaches a point where we need to make the final decision...

The second amazing is; we're selling our flat (with a likely move to the countryside) and despite our fears about it not selling we had three people who wanted to see it within an hour of it going online yesterday, so our dream of the big family home is within reach now.

So yeah; feelings. Felt a lot of feelings yesterday...

Happy Cycler
Hope everything is now settled down Northern Soul! Hope the cat isn't in too much pain/stress. Good luck with the move!

As for me, Im going to an open day for my Masters today. I am absolutely terrified.

Happy Cycler
God damn, this scene is so great... such a brilliant song selection for this section. I literally feel Roger's perception melting away. Incredible television.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpWlKCfSPcU

Posts Quantity
I did shrooms for the first time last week. I've never felt so incredible!
cool artists: the flaming lips|tame impala|telegraphy|shortwaves|MIWON

Happy Cycler
Will always be my favourite psychedelic 8)

Dayvan Cowboy
RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman. Usually the best actor in any film he appeared in, no matter how big or small the role.

jcnporter wrote:RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman. Usually the best actor in any film he appeared in, no matter how big or small the role.

Can't believe it. Terrible news.

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Knowing that about half the forum is US-based, when I came to check this forum to see whether or not there was a Superbowl thread and there wasn't, I was so relieved. You guys are the fucking best. Saves me the trouble of having to say:

Go Seattle. Go Denver. Go Detroit. Go Boston. Go to Wal-Mart. Go buy that Maserati. Go eat some more unhealthy food. Go back to your boring job you really want to quit but you can't because you made stupid life and family decisions. Go have more kids when you can't afford them. Go raise them poorly. Go entertain yourself with shallow escapism. Go create nothing artistically. Go keep watching that cable you can't download Ad Block Plus for. Go keep spraypainting black paint over your eyes. Go keep participating in the lineup. Go vote. Go pretend you have ideas when you don't really have any. Go to a bar and maybe punch someone. Go to a church and maybe hear a story about a man a thousand times the role model any of those priests could ever be. Go to Target. Go to Best Buy. Go to McDonalds. Go buy that Toyata! You earned the bonus, you deserve it! Go take that vacation on a Carnival Cruise! Go buy a pre-built computer that costs three times what it's worth! Go to that place in your brain where you think for yourself and keep shutting the door. Go pretend some more like none of this ties together. Go assure yourself that none of this is a problem. Go convince yourself that your vote counts. Go push the square block of "our military is protecting us with their actions" into a circular hole. Go live the "American Dream". Go buy some chips. Go call your friends. Go grill some hot dogs. Go sit on a couch. Go turn on your programming. Go Seattle. Go Denver. Go to bed, repeat. Pigs, in cages, on motherfucking antibiotics.

To anyone in particular. I love you all.

RIP Hoffman.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
Well, I'm not as jaded as I used to be about all our consumerism and whatnot, so here's some jokes:

Abraham Lincoln could finish a play better than the Broncos.

John F. Kennedy could've finished a drive better than Denver.

I, myself, didn't even watch it.. Was cooped up in the uni's library working on assignments all weekend.

Dayvan Cowboy
http://www.theeverlastinggopstoppers.co ... pts-video/

Bad times in the US right now, from my perspective at least. Divide and conquer has succeeded and the American people are powerless against their corrupt and disgusting colonial government.

Happy Cycler
Waterbagel wrote:Well, I'm not as jaded as I used to be about all our consumerism and whatnot, so here's some jokes:

Abraham Lincoln could finish a play better than the Broncos.

John F. Kennedy could've finished a drive better than Denver.

I, myself, didn't even watch it.. Was cooped up in the uni's library working on assignments all weekend.

One that I heard a lot was "last good run by a Bronco was in 1994". Pretty easy though.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
So if anyone English here reads the Sun then (i) you're an idiot, sorry (ii) please ignore what you read about scotland the other day.
http://wingsoverscotland.com/lovebombing-on-the-cheap/

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground