THE ANGRY RANT THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Mexicola wrote:
louise wrote:yeah i bet you do :) ill add you, but you'll have to tell me your name first

i dont think they actually will get anywhere really will they? isnt it more to do with seats than votes? and they wont have enough of them?

Check your PMs 8)

And no, I don't honestly think they'll get that far. They might make a dent in the Euro elections, but not in a general election. In many ways, it could be a blessing in disguise as they'll pinch votes off the Tories, but I'm hopeful that most people see through them.

done! what a beard! 8)

Just trimmed it. I was trim the beard or a second divorce!! :lol:

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Politics is one of those "don't get me started" things for me but I'm glad to see people on here are sensible about UKIP. I dunno how it is in Dorset but one county over in the New Forest you see too much of them. Only thing I hate about the place is how right wing it is, and it was bad enough when it was just the Tories. Lefties like fields too :(

Happy Cycler
^ move North, my friend ;)

If UKIP somehow got in (or even close to it frankly) and the Scots 'go indie' I'm seriously considering emigrating. Not even kidding.

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
None so subtle requests to work for free. *seethes*

Dayvan Cowboy
I have a friend who is a photographer who was moaning about the same thing (rightly so). It reminds me of the thing that was going round twitter about how much people are willing to pay for wedding bands, haha, "what you think you're hiring: a couple of guys to play music for a few hours; what you're actually hiring: a pa system, speakers, instruments, ..." etc etc. Quite funny and something for ANYONE ELSE READING THIS to think about :P

Posts Quantity
I HAVE THE HICCUPS

Sherbet Head
Another day, another bunch of racist anti immigration uk jobs for uk benefit scroungers leaflets through my door.

UKIP, BNP (and the EDL because why not) go fuck yourselves, I wish nothing but bad things for you, you are lower than shit to me

On the upside, I just cut the grass and bought some large envelopes.

Happy Cycler
^ all genuinely worrying. While the likes of UKIP are one hand laughable, what they *are* doing is helping bring far-right politics into the mainstream. They're a way off it yet, but seeing them gain support, along with the likes of the BNP, EDL & "Britain First" creeping out of the shadows (I'm sure we've all seen Facebook "friends" sharing dubious things from some of these groups - I know some of the things I saw after Lee Rigby's killing were a "wheat from the chaff" moment on Facebook which saw people binned).

All these groups are keen to promote "British values". Never forget one of the best values we have is our ability to take the piss. As long as we're laughing at them, they won't be taken seriously.

Sherbet Head
A_Northern_Soul wrote:^ all genuinely worrying. While the likes of UKIP are one hand laughable, what they *are* doing is helping bring far-right politics into the mainstream. They're a way off it yet, but seeing them gain support, along with the likes of the BNP, EDL & "Britain First" creeping out of the shadows (I'm sure we've all seen Facebook "friends" sharing dubious things from some of these groups - I know some of the things I saw after Lee Rigby's killing were a "wheat from the chaff" moment on Facebook which saw people binned).

All these groups are keen to promote "British values". Never forget one of the best values we have is our ability to take the piss. As long as we're laughing at them, they won't be taken seriously.

great post.

Eagle Minded
gender is weird and i feel like the people closest to me don't know me because i have been hiding myself
You're knocking on the door I closed today

Happy Cycler
Dear Government,

Just fuck off, will you.

Latest ruse - privatise child protection services.

Someone has done some sums and decided there's money to be made in vulnerable children. Slow hand-claps all round there...

Happy Cycler
Also - notice how that press release was sneaked out on a Friday evening.

Cunts.

Dayvan Cowboy
A_Northern_Soul wrote:Dear Government,

Just fuck off, will you.

Latest ruse - privatise child protection services.

Someone has done some sums and decided there's money to be made in vulnerable children. Slow hand-claps all round there...

"Of course, there'll be no obligation to use privatised child protection services"
*cuts funding to publicly funded child protection services*

More "starve the beast" and money in the pocket of their friends.

This ^^^ really does boil my piss.

That G4S are even allowed near child protection is, frankly, terrifying. Aside from their shambolic 'performance' at the London Olympics, the company I work for also use these clowns as part of our anti-fraud setup and I can assure you, they are beyond useless.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
How are you supposed to deal with people who have really short tempers? Do they hold grudges or do they just reset to normal after a while and then go back to just being viable to overreact to literally everything

Hashtag I'm too sophisticated to post this on Facebook like a sociopathic fourteen-year-old so I'll post it on a Boards of Canada forum like a whiny twenty-two-year-old

Happy Cycler
A_Northern_Soul wrote:Latest ruse - privatise child protection services.

For fuck's sake, whatever went so wrong with our race? Is the global mental illness rate really that high?
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
Treefingers wrote:How are you supposed to deal with people who have really short tempers? Do they hold grudges or do they just reset to normal after a while and then go back to just being viable to overreact to literally everything

Hashtag I'm too sophisticated to post this on Facebook like a sociopathic fourteen-year-old so I'll post it on a Boards of Canada forum like a whiny twenty-two-year-old

Probably just stop talking to them. Assholes will be assholes. Pricks will be pricks. etc.

Rodheh wrote:
A_Northern_Soul wrote:Latest ruse - privatise child protection services.

For fuck's sake, whatever went so wrong with our race? Is the global mental illness rate really that high?

Conspiracy theory of the hour: it's in the government's best interests to give the proles a poor/worthless education in politics and economics. Then they can do what they want without enough people knowing enough to give a shit.

Dayvan Cowboy

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground