THE ANGRY RANT THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
A_Northern_Soul wrote:
And Louise, you're gutted about turning 25 soon? If I was turning 25 I'd be dancing in the street. If it helps, being 25 rocks.

i sincerely hope it does. goodbye youth :'(

also, virgin media make me want to smack a bitch. what am i paying for.

Dayvan Cowboy
Hey don't sweat 25. The way I looked at it, 24-27 is all still mid-20s. Yeah, you're in for a crisis when you get to 28 and can't call yourself "mid-20s" any more, but that way you get all the bad vibes out of the way by the time you hit 30 and can celebrate that milestone properly.

Ranting? Oh, yeah...

I've spent the last couple of weeks travelling to nearby towns to check out independent record shops and it's fucking depressing to see the state of it now compared to back when I were a lad, going to Selectadisc in Nottingham every weekend. I know we live in the digital age now, and I've got more great stuff just of Twoismers' Soundclouds the last week than since I can remember. But I really miss the experience of digging through racks and finding an EP by someone you missed first time around, or just some album by someone you've never heard of, you take it to the front and get them to put it on headphones for you.

So much good music I found through those places... and now it's HMV or vintage LP collector places selling stuff like Simon and Garfunkel and jazz / big band stuff. HMV are pretty much the target of my irrational hate, for squeezing out the competition and then deciding they wanted to sell playstation games and DVDs instead. If it's not top 40 in there, it's not there. Oh there's a dance rack, but that's 4 foot of rackspace of mainly Ministry of Sound CDs. What in the fuck happened?

Sherbet Head
MrMessiah wrote:Hey don't sweat 25. The way I looked at it, 24-27 is all still mid-20s. Yeah, you're in for a crisis when you get to 28 and can't call yourself "mid-20s" any more, but that way you get all the bad vibes out of the way by the time you hit 30 and can celebrate that milestone properly.

yeah ill cling to that view haha. i dont think its so much my age just the amount of stuff ive managed to screw up. i thought my life would be sorted by this age! im annoyed pretty much nothing has worked out like i hoped it would.

Ranting? Oh, yeah...

I've spent the last couple of weeks travelling to nearby towns to check out independent record shops and it's fucking depressing to see the state of it now compared to back when I were a lad, going to Selectadisc in Nottingham every weekend. I know we live in the digital age now, and I've got more great stuff just of Twoismers' Soundclouds the last week than since I can remember. But I really miss the experience of digging through racks and finding an EP by someone you missed first time around, or just some album by someone you've never heard of, you take it to the front and get them to put it on headphones for you.

So much good music I found through those places... and now it's HMV or vintage LP collector places selling stuff like Simon and Garfunkel and jazz / big band stuff. HMV are pretty much the target of my irrational hate, for squeezing out the competition and then deciding they wanted to sell playstation games and DVDs instead. If it's not top 40 in there, it's not there. Oh there's a dance rack, but that's 4 foot of rackspace of mainly Ministry of Sound CDs. What in the fuck happened?

the recession killed off the only remaining places i knew of. however i think theres still one standing in norwich. not much use to me being in loughborough and all..

Happy Cycler
theres a few I know of, clinging on for dear life though
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Sherbet Head
angry at myself. 2200 word essay to do tonight. spent all week being idle and this is my reward :'(

Dayvan Cowboy
yeahhh I'm sorta in the same boat.. waited till now to do a ten page paper due for tuesday. This is going to be fun..
endlessly manifold, self contained revealed, replete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTfU5SOlSf8

http://maketapesounds.bandcamp.com/

Sherbet Head
Me too. Creative paper, Quant Chem lab, and two online Quant assignments due tonight. Oh, procrastination.
"Life is a stupid, meaningless thing that has nothing to teach you." -Slavoj Zizek

Sherbet Head
and yet here we are. you both have my sympathies. 1600 words to go....

Happy Cycler
I remember those days....

*sudden hankering for Marlboro Light*

Yup. Recall the constant rotation of 'Down on the Upside' by Soundgarden, 'Unplugged' by Alice in Chains and 'In The Long Still Night' by Gallon Drunk, together with a lake of tea and regular intake of Snappy Tomato Pizza.

That and the 4am finishes and printer jams.

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Almost finished with my dissertation, tantilisingly close to the finish line, but finding this last chapter incredibly difficult to finish.

I've also come to the now unavoidable realisation that Jean Paul-Sartre in old age is the spitting image of Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars. 8200 words and hours of research and thats the most earth shattering insight I have gained from this endeavour.....
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Sherbet Head
A_Northern_Soul wrote:I remember those days....

*sudden hankering for Marlboro Light*

haha. im hankering for one. dont even smoke.x

Mexicola wrote:Yup. Recall the constant rotation of 'Down on the Upside' by Soundgarden, 'Unplugged' by Alice in Chains and 'In The Long Still Night' by Gallon Drunk, together with a lake of tea and regular intake of Snappy Tomato Pizza.

That and the 4am finishes and printer jams.

lol. lake of tea,. and lucozade. and coke. my teeth dont know whats hit em. i cant listen to anything while im doing this though, my weak attention span doesnt allow for it. also, aic unplugged is no way motivating, i put that on if im having a sulk :)x

1300 words to go. oh regret.

Happy Cycler
^ I don't any more, but the taste, sensation and hankering takes me back to a very specific time & place.

1300 to go? You're doing great ;)

louise wrote:aic unplugged is no way motivating, i put that on if im having a sulk :)x

But Layne's voice.... was like nothing else. :wink:

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
A_Northern_Soul wrote:^ I don't any more, but the taste, sensation and hankering takes me back to a very specific time & place.

1300 to go? You're doing great ;)

ahhh the smell of tobacco pipes remind me of my adopted grandad still. he died when i was like 3, pretty impressed memories do that.

938 to go..just going to have to fabricate some secondary sources as i didnt bother to get any sorted...and kind thanks for the words of motivation :)x

Mexicola wrote:
louise wrote:aic unplugged is no way motivating, i put that on if im having a sulk :)x

But Layne's voice.... was like nothing else. :wink:

yeaaahhhh true. this is the angry rant thread though, so im gonna say it. for as much as i love layne's voice, i hate jerry cantrell's face as much.x

Happy Cycler
938!? Woo! Go girl....

Dose up on coffee, you're nearly there....

Sherbet Head
A_Northern_Soul wrote:938!? Woo! Go girl....

Dose up on coffee, you're nearly there....

lol. thank you, thank you. but ive written too much. i cant fit everything in, i know it already. fruussttrraaatttiiiooonnnn!!

Sherbet Head
another week, another annoyance.

MEN.

that is all.

Happy Cycler
^ *gulp*

What we collectively as a gender done now?

Sherbet Head
A_Northern_Soul wrote:^ *gulp*

What we collectively as a gender done now?

how much time you got

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground