Good luck, America

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
So, yeah. Some good news! The state of Georgia elected two Democrat senators in a run-off, putting congress under Democrat control.

Um, bad news is the capitol is under siege from Trumpers. All hell is breaking loose and who the fuck knows what comes next. It's one of those, "I can't believe this is happening"/"Of course this is happening", moments.

Sherbet Head
Mexicola wrote:Two more weeks of this America? You found a grassy knoll and a magic bullet for JFK.

I sincerely hope you aren't implying what I think you are implying. Because if you are that is unacceptable in any context.

zeoevil wrote:
Mexicola wrote:Two more weeks of this America? You found a grassy knoll and a magic bullet for JFK.

I sincerely hope you aren't implying what I think you are implying. Because if you are that is unacceptable in any context.

I'm implying they could at least find the balls to invoke the 25th amendment. Don't get your knickers in a twist.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
People are the democracy, literally. Nice to see, just for a brief moment.

Eagle Minded
arvy wrote:People are the democracy, literally. Nice to see, just for a brief moment.

:roll:

Please stop the right wing bullshit. This is not a protest, it's domestic terrorism.

Sherbet Head
Oh look, wingnut fuckwit is back

Dayvan Cowboy
What a bummer. I finally get to see the Capitol building raided, smashed, and looted, and it's by a bunch of brainwashed cultists trying to keep a corrupt plutocrat in power.

Side note, funny how the cops only set off teargas inside the building, and that was only after it had been breached- whereas back in May I personally saw the pigs set off a massive teargas bomb that covered whole city blocks and start openly firing rubber bullets while people were just gathering in the street.

Rubbish troll is rubbish shock.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
arvy wrote:People are the democracy, literally. Nice to see, just for a brief moment.

Rioting to keep a fascist who lost an election in power, sure sounds like "democracy" to me.

Dayvan Cowboy
bungler666 wrote:

:roll:

Please stop the right wing bullshit. This is not a protest, it's domestic terrorism.

You do realise that these so called terrorists are mostly older age people, veterans who fought in war for your freedom? Your brothers and sisters. You should show some respect.

Sherbet Head
omg, you're an absolute moron. Now tell us about how it was all caused by antifa infiltrators

Dayvan Cowboy
arvy wrote:You do realise that these so called terrorists are mostly older age people, veterans who fought in war for your freedom? Your brothers and sisters. You should show some respect.

Murdering people for oil at the behest of corporate and political masters doesn't count as "fighting for freedom." You're taking mindless propaganda to a whole new level, bootlicker.

Dayvan Cowboy
i don't get how it's unacceptable to say he should be assassinated. I mean, I'm not advocating for it. To be clear. But assassination continues to be a globally accepted and often legal tactic. USA, for example, is well known in this field, having killed the heads of various states both recognised and unrecognised - in living memory of everyone who is allowed to vote. Ashes to ashes, fashes to fashes. Live like mussolini, die like mussolini. As I say. I don't advocate for this from abroad, but I'm absolutely unfazed that it's a semi mainstream opinion at the moment.

Dayvan Cowboy
Yeah, the US has organized countless coups in other countries and the CIA has assassinated god knows how many people. Trump and every other president have signed peoples' lives away to bombings and drone strikes. I'm not exactly going to shed a tear if he gets JFK'd and his position of authority doesn't earn him any extra privilege.

So yeah, spare me the pearl-clutching about wishing harm on the fascist despot.

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDrifter wrote:
arvy wrote:You do realise that these so called terrorists are mostly older age people, veterans who fought in war for your freedom? Your brothers and sisters. You should show some respect.

Murdering people for oil at the behest of corporate and political masters doesn't count as "fighting for freedom." You're taking mindless propaganda to a whole new level, bootlicker.

That's right, murdering people and making bloody coupes in other sea countries, this is exactly what you suggesting. During the Obama adm., we were on a brink of war, literally. Trump at least was trying to have a neutral benefit relationships with Russia, which I sure would be a complite opposite if Clinton were ellected. Look, the world mocking US democracy now, not because of Trump, but because of the archaic ellection system. And half of nation voice was muted and mocked by political establishment, media. Hey, listen, I am not advocating violence. But all these people with their nation flags, trying to get face to face with their goverment, literally. I thought this was very poetic, that means they are humans, that means they care, that means something is not right.

Something isn't right. The irony of that statement. What a tool.

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
I'm sure the family of the police officer beaten to death with a fire extinguisher are thinking how his death was very poetic, and that his killers weren't a bunch of racist, facist seditionists seeking to suppress an obviously valid election that their cheeto Hitler lost, but, you know, cared.

Dayvan Cowboy
niknak wrote:I'm sure the family of the police officer beaten to death with a fire extinguisher are thinking how his death was very poetic, and that his killers weren't a bunch of racist, facist seditionists seeking to suppress an obviously valid election that their cheeto Hitler lost, but, you know, cared.

So, now you are jumping from the rhetoric of democracy as a right of the people, to the freak accident involving thousand of people in one small place? Your mental gymnastyc is not impressive. You still sound flat like a pancake.

Sherbet Head
Ooh, nice comeback. I don't have time for a pointless debate with an obvious dingbat, so please take the hint. Go away. You and your moronic views are not welcome here.

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm not American, but this thread is a pretty good take on the situation, on who is ultimately responsible for this, in my opinion -

https://twitter.com/ezraklein/status/1347241551412428807

I think there's a clear parallel in the UK, where stoking resentments about class, cultural and racial issues has for years, if not decades, been used as a tool to bolster the Conservative vote and provide cover for a destructive neoliberal economic agenda.
What's even more unfortunate is that centrists and 'moderates' have, in many cases knowingly, gone along with it to maintain their status quo and attack the left, who they see as the real danger.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground