This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
I was talking to my friend steve who's from scotland, and he was just telling me on msn now how his friend Joe's dad was an artist, and said that he met the sandisons! Apparently they are into art and paintballing, haha

Dayvan Cowboy
i wonder if there are more dick drawings in the world than actual dicks

Happy Cycler
Shadowshocker wrote:i wonder if there are more dick drawings in the world than actual dicks

I'm doing my damnest to ensure that the dick drawings will someday outnumber the dicks.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Dayvan Cowboy
Art often is man's best friend. Art considered bad is hardly intrusive and most of the time can and will just be neglected, it hardly is a source of negativism, while art considered good is highly intrusive and can make your entire brain tingle. It is your best friend because you can be selective about what you absorb, and the flow of energy is one-way traffic, it is a well of life, whereas in any other relationship, with a human or even a drug, you will experience pain if you suck too much energy out of it; it is subject to the universal rules of balance and equality. It is hardly possible to indulge yourself with too much beauty.

The same might apply to nature, or animals, but I find the case of art remarkable because it is man-made. It is probably the only man-made drug that doesn't eventually degrade you but stimulates you.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Sherbet Head
Guido wrote:Art often is man's best friend. Art considered bad is hardly intrusive and most of the time can and will just be neglected, it hardly is a source of negativism, while art considered good is highly intrusive and can make your entire brain tingle. It is your best friend because you can be selective about what you absorb, and the flow of energy is one-way traffic, it is a well of life, whereas in any other relationship, with a human or even a drug, you will experience pain if you suck too much energy out of it; it is subject to the universal rules of balance and equality. It is hardly possible to indulge yourself with too much beauty.

The same might apply to nature, or animals, but I find the case of art remarkable because it is man-made. It is probably the only man-made drug that doesn't eventually degrade you but stimulates you.

I love this. Is it yours?

Dayvan Cowboy
Yeah :). Thanks.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Dayvan Cowboy
I extended it and put it on a blog.. Planning to upload more writings there in the future.

http://jhgodding.blogspot.com/2010/04/w ... s-joy.html

Dayvan Cowboy

Sherbet Head
someone do a dubstep rmx of buckie high tnks.
http://91plus.bandcamp.com/
^FREE ALBUM^

<i> how strange it is to be anything at all </i>

Dayvan Cowboy
Shadowshocker wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5Xrcp6k8VE

hhehehe

:D Geez. They're having fun.

Dayvan Cowboy
Rick Astley sunglasses.

Happy Cycler
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Dayvan Cowboy
today at school, in a childish act of protest against the cancellation of our school's music night, me and three of my friends plugged in six amps connected to three guitars and three basses. we turned the gain, overdrive and volume right up, struck some chords and got the hell out of there. It sounded horrrific :twisted:
if you are reading this you are spending too much time at your computer. go outside and get some fresh air.

Dayvan Cowboy
heartbroken

Sherbet Head
Guido wrote:heartbroken
:(

Dayvan Cowboy
Numerator wrote:today at school, in a childish act of protest against the cancellation of our school's music night, me and three of my friends plugged in six amps connected to three guitars and three basses. we turned the gain, overdrive and volume right up, struck some chords and got the hell out of there. It sounded horrrific :twisted:

hahahahaha! :D

Sherbet Head
Pretty eh.. humid today!

Looks like another downpour uh'commun!

Ohhhhh hey der!
www.soundcloud.com/88marquis

Dayvan Cowboy
hmm random..

acktoglenuly

Telepath

Sherbet Head
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMvZQsSRgG4