This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
Anyone played Minecraft?
Such a simple game, yet so addictive and fun!

Dayvan Cowboy
Giving 'Final Fantasy' characters names like 'Catshit', 'Dr Wank', 'Piss' and 'P Diddy' never gets old.

Dayvan Cowboy
Treefingers wrote:Giving 'Final Fantasy' characters names like 'Catshit', 'Dr Wank', 'Piss' and 'P Diddy' never gets old.

I used to do that with mystic quest for the gameboy! Was awesome!
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Nova Scotia Robot
portiss wrote:
Treefingers wrote:Giving 'Final Fantasy' characters names like 'Catshit', 'Dr Wank', 'Piss' and 'P Diddy' never gets old.

I used to do that with mystic quest for the gameboy! Was awesome!

For FF7 I used to call Tifa: Titsfa.

Dayvan Cowboy
woah today I found out my dad has a hand written letter from Genesis P-Orridge :shock:
he's an awesome guy
if you are reading this you are spending too much time at your computer. go outside and get some fresh air.

Dayvan Cowboy
I think it would be cool to get a map of the world and put pins where I've traveled, but first I'd have to travel to the four corners of the world so it would stay up.

Eagle Minded
Synthestesia wrote:I think it would be cool to get a map of the world and put pins where I've traveled, but first I'd have to travel to the four corners of the world so it would stay up.

Lol.

Happy Cycler
Stry Craty Bya wrote:
Synthestesia wrote:I think it would be cool to get a map of the world and put pins where I've traveled, but first I'd have to travel to the four corners of the world so it would stay up.

Lol.

I, too, love Mitch Hedberg.

True facts: one time I was backpacking with 3 friends and we had all taken mushrooms one evening, and the following night a huge rainstorm moved in and pelted our tent, and this fierce wind was whipping in off Lake Superior and I was a little bit scared. I put in my headphones and as I went to sleep, I listened to Mitch's two CDs. I was not afraid anymore.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Dayvan Cowboy
turquoise70 wrote:
Stry Craty Bya wrote:

Lol.

True facts: one time I was backpacking with 3 friends and we had all taken mushrooms one evening, and the following night a huge rainstorm moved in and pelted our tent, and this fierce wind was whipping in off Lake Superior and I was a little bit scared. I put in my headphones and as I went to sleep, I listened to Mitch's two CDs. I was not afraid anymore.

I love mitch headburg. All of his jokes are so original yet you think "why haven't I thought that?"

Nova Scotia Robot
Synthestesia wrote:
turquoise70 wrote:
Stry Craty Bya wrote:

Lol.

I love mitch headburg. All of his jokes are so original yet you think "why haven't I thought that?"

Ya, Hedburg is awesome. Too bad he died. :cry:

Sherbet Head
TOTAL FUCKING POWER HIGH BACK FROM AWESOME LONG RUN RATATAT LP4 ROCKIN OUT>...... I TOTALLY CANT STOP THINKIN ABOUT THIS GIRL I WORK WITH>>> ND. MUSTER COURAGE AND DO SUMTHIN ABOUT IT.... ;x

-Snuf

Happy Cycler
y'know what's weird and interesting?

nobody who knows the brothers posts here...MAYBE mdg. but besides that?

no friends of the band, nobody who even met them once. that's really intriguing.

honestly.

i mean even when you factor in that they're very private dudes and keep to themselves - they still have friends, they still have acquaintances. and i'm not willing to believe for an instant that NONE of those acquaintances is online - let's not be silly, almost everyone's online in 2010. But they don't come forward.

not that they OUGHT to. not that they NEED to. but they don't. apparently...not ONE person Marcus or Michael knows is willing to come forth and make some kind of unfettered, public appearance on an internet forum devoted to them. Probably, this has to do with how much "damage control" they want to do with regard to their public image and all that.

Anyway..... I just think it's an interesting point.

Posts Quantity
musician: "hai guyz u liek my muzaks?"

friends and family: "meh."

Telepath
powershoes wrote:musician: "hai guyz u liek my muzaks?"

friends and family: "meh."

so true

my brother once said: "I don't really like your music....but you've got guts"

Happy Cycler
My family feels the same way. They generally encourage me, but not in the sense of someone who's personally interested. It's nice, but it's not like someone really taking an emotional investment in you.

Happy Cycler
yep.

Dayvan Cowboy
they're a different generation. interests/values change so much from my baby boomer parents to me, that i hardly find their opinion relevant most times. i think they're encouragement is enough in that case, i can't really expect them to fall in love with everything i do (although that'd be nice)

also

TTK, i've started to dabble with minecraft. i don't play any other games PC or otherwise, so i'm surprised that i dig this game (pun intended). i think it's a mix of tinkering with legos as a kid and a yearning for exploration that draws me to it. i have a "base" point, but spend most of my time just walking far far into a single direction and digging in a cliff at night. it would've been fascinating and challenging to be an early human roaming and foraging all over the place--discovering new virgin territory with every footstep. 2001:ASO comes to mind with that scene of the chimps cowering under the rock at night while the cougars howl. what does your fortress look like?

Happy Cycler
zeitgeist wrote:what does your fortress look like?

your fortress. show it to me.

i'll show you mine.

:lol:

Sherbet Head
Can anyone help me remember the name of that guy who's demo where he sings 'Warriors.. Come Out and Play-yay' became a cult video ? It's been in my head all day and I can't remember his name or where to find his video!

Happy Cycler
zeitgeist wrote:what does your fortress look like?

:3

Mine's still coming along.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground