This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
The Friendly Stranger wrote:http://www.alittlebitofsomething.co.uk/

That's amazing.
ImageImage

Happy Cycler
Guido wrote:
Rodheh wrote:Transformers 3 was shite.

It wasn't until a week ago that I heard about this movie. I am that much disconnected from normal, everyday life.

Trans 3 what now? Never heard of it.

Happy Cycler
So, I've got this idea, but I'm posting it here for now and not TRS because I'm not sure how many I could get on board.

Improvisational music creation.

I think the community should write up and lay out a story for a concept album, revolving around some characters, themes and whatnot, then come up with an artist order and actually produce that concept album.

What's beautiful about this one in particular, is that there would be no overhead/project leader. The entire idea would be to test our versatility as musicians in completing a relatively easy task. By forcing ourselves to create the next piece of the story, building upon a piece (another track) that is already laid out, it makes us improvise in the way we structure and tell stories with our music, requiring us to think in a way we normally wouldn't and produce music that is unique from the rest of our tracks. If we all are equivalent in this project, then we would take it upon ourselves as a community to decide what should segue into what, how a direction should be taken, where something fits (things of that nature) and it would require heavy teamwork. The resulting album would truly be a creation of different artists in this form, not approved or finished by one individual.

The closest thing to a leader would be someone to take all the .wav and .flac files, convert them to MP3's and tag them with all our titles, photography and shit like that, so that it could actually be distributed. Other than that matter, everything like story/progression/volume levels/elements would have to be decided in team discussion, and if someone is not in agreement, we have to adapt to find a middle ground for the better of the project.

Just a thought I had... I may start something of this nature. I'm interested to see if people can work well enough together to complete something like this. :D
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Happy Cycler
mechanismj wrote:
Guido wrote:
Rodheh wrote:Transformers 3 was shite.

It wasn't until a week ago that I heard about this movie. I am that much disconnected from normal, everyday life.

Trans 3 what now? Never heard of it.

Trannies 3, the adventures of Optimus Dick. Now in 4D.

Sherbet Head
In the Is Yellow Really Yellow thread I read that the user Yellow named himself that because of the cool bit in Alpha and Omega. to me it sounded like LOLOL

I spent too much time on msn in me teens

Dayvan Cowboy

Happy Cycler

Happy Cycler
For some reason now, I have this permanent image in my head whenever I come here of Mexicola literally being Kubrick. lol

Dayvan Cowboy
Corsair = universal soundtrack to every 8mm film ever made.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Eagle Minded
Rodheh wrote:For some reason now, I have this permanent image in my head whenever I come here of Mexicola literally being Kubrick. lol

Happy Cycler
I don't like Smokes Quantity.

Rodheh wrote:For some reason now, I have this permanent image in my head whenever I come here of Mexicola literally being Kubrick. lol

Lol - I wish.

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Mexicola wrote:

Lol - I wish.

Awesome dude.

Happy Cycler
I love playing Cricket
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
who.........bah stank

Sherbet Head
Stry Craty Bya wrote:

This :s bahaha!

Boqurant

Dayvan Cowboy
Rodheh wrote:I don't like Smokes Quantity.

i kinda feel ya bro
but i still appreciate it, i guess.

Eagle Minded
Synthestesia wrote:who.........bah stank

YOU'RE NOT A PERSON UNLESS YOU'RE ACTING!

Happy Cycler
OverTheHorizonRadar wrote:
Synthestesia wrote:who.........bah stank

YOU'RE NOT A PERSON UNLESS YOU'RE ACTING!

ACTING LET'S YOU DO THIS!

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground